• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Lana Del Rey was recently photographed by that monster who posed with Lady Gaga / Lindsay Lohan for VOGUE ITALIA.

vi01208d0158-015906ellen-122422_0x440.jpg

vi01208d0152-015303ellen-76620_0x440.jpg

vi01208d0154-015504ellen-1474407_0x440.jpg

vi01208d0148-014901ellen-1234856_0x440.jpg

WHERE ARE THE FLAWS?

UlAHJ.gif

So it seems Timbaland will have two joints on the Aaliyah album.
40 got the rest. I'm still not having it :(

i don't know if she counts as pop over here - i don't know what genre to put her under, really - but im with jo, Bjork is amazing.

still haven't seen Dancer in the Dark but i hear it's a rough watch

Yessssssssss!
Dancer wasn't great, although personally I'm not a fan of Von Trier's 'shock value' cinema, but her performance is outstanding.

Majmun

Is the 'Carter-Tax' also code for what happens to the writers who actually write the music Beyonce sings? I guess you'd call that an 100% Carter-Tax, yeah?

Someone's definitely pressed over $eyonce's money making abilities. Your fave has to work her ASS OFF to make money for my fave.

Rih's success is in the POCKET

ibn8smKqRHNp1O.gif

Bjork is best. Film, music, style, whatever.

YES, she's amazing. The first four albums are masterpieces. But the quality hasn't been the same since Mehdula got released tho...

Icicle

I hope that's just two tracks SO FAR.

Nobody better lay a finger on "Steady Ground", that song is already flawless. It features Static Major too, and he's since passed as well, so it would be incredibly disrespectful to the vision of two different artists if they made changes to it posthumously.

Youtube -- Steady Ground Feat. Static Major

Am I the only one brought to tears by this song? My most played song this year by a long shot too.

iJ2Mi2EyUbZfx.gif

YES, she's amazing. The first four albums are masterpieces. But the quality hasn't been the same since Mehdula got released tho...

Very true but that is one hell of a run!

I hope that's just two tracks SO FAR.

Nobody better lay a finger on "Steady Ground", that song is already flawless. It features Static Major too, and he's since passed as well, so it would be incredibly disrespectful to the vision of two different artists if they made changes to it posthumously.

Youtube -- Steady Ground Feat. Static Major

Am I the only one brought to tears by this song? My most played song this year by a long shot too.

iJ2Mi2EyUbZfx.gif

Ahhhhh..... you gotta bring Static into this too!? *cries*
I always had a huge love of this song:

I Am Music - Timbaland, Static & Aaliyah

Which was the last song Aaliyah ever recorded.
I loved the track when it was fresh then Aaliyah passing gave it more power.
When Static went too it just made it even more special.
The original had Beck and Aaliyah but he got bumped for Static. Thank God.

I find the new Aaliyah song hard to listen too, even the hoe ass ninja-less version because I just..... icant.
A whole album will likely be to sad for me.

Mau ®

David Guetta's new single with Sia has leaked.

Listen to it HERE

I really like it. Its not as hard hitting as Titanium but it's great nonetheless

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Show me a promo pic of a major popstar in the last 10 years that isn't given the photoshop treatment and you may have a point.

Hardly. There's a difference between 'touched up in Photoshop' and 'so much Photoshop they might as well not taken a photo'.

Mau ®

Ewwww Perra discounted Wide Awake to .69 cents in a desperate effort to get #1 on Billboard.

Call Me Maybe is still gonna get it. The digital lead is big enough to offset the airplay loss.
rih3.gif

Mau ®

Speaking of Jepsus... from Scooter Braun's twitter (her new manager as well as Justin Beiber's manager):

today was a long day but a great day. ended my day with the lovely @carlyraejepsen going over album art and music. SHE IS READY!!

She is coming gurls. Curiosity will never let her go.

Trigger

Speaking of Jepsus... from Scooter Braun's twitter (her new manager as well as Justin Beiber's manager):

today was a long day but a great day. ended my day with the lovely @carlyraejepsen going over album art and music. SHE IS READY!!

Preach and bless ITZ.

EgJTv.gif

Christopher

Curiosity is going to slay the fall.

royalan

Hardly. There's a difference between 'touched up in Photoshop' and 'so much Photoshop they might as well not taken a photo'.

Well, thank god Xtina doesn't cross that line. She looks classic - channeling the great B&W portraits of the great jazz songstresses of old. Receipt:

2A3it.jpg

If only more pop singers could have such reverence for the origins of their craft. Sip.

botty

Banned
There isn't as much photoshop in that pic as people are claiming. If you want to see a ton of photoshop look at one of Mariah's recent promo shots tbh.

But I guess if you just HAVE to shade xtina, go for it. It's not like there is anyone else worth mentioning at the moment.

ib1MSCA5zO77TG.gif

Trigger

There isn't as much photoshop in that pic as people are claiming. If you want to see a ton of photoshop look at one of Mariah's recent promo shots tbh.

But I guess if you just HAVE to shade xtina, go for it. It's not like there is anyone else worth mentioning at the moment.

http://i.minus.com/ib1MSCA5zO77TG.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

#banned

Nemesis_

I envy the ability that Xtincta has over her fans.

Throw ANY kind of promotional image up and we'll all REJOICE at how she is CHANNELING SOMETHING from SOMEWHERE. No matter what it is. IT'S OKAY COS SHE'S "CHANNELING".

Hopefully she'll channel some SUCCESS and RELEVANCE in this new "ERA".

ipElfmNEVxIZ0.gif

I liked your old avatar better :(

ipElfmNEVxIZ0.gif

royalan

I envy the ability that Xtincta has over her fans.

Throw ANY kind of promotional image up and we'll all REJOICE at how she is CHANNELING SOMETHING from SOMEWHERE. No matter what it is. IT'S OKAY COS SHE'S "CHANNELING".

Hopefully she'll channel some SUCCESS and RELEVANCE in the future.

Not just any kind of image. I mean, maybe your musical tastes don't extend further back than 1996 and whoever Gaga's ripping off at the moment, but when you take a B&W photo where you're wearing black and have a white magnolia in your hair, you are CLEARLY channeling Billie Holiday. Those were her ICONIC images:

31IW7.jpg

Q2ill.jpg

TSvmQ.jpg

And Xtina has made no attempt to hide the influence early Jazz/Blues singers has had on her career. So in this case it is a homage. Notice I didn't say Xtina was channeling anyone in her equally gorgeous flower photo, because as far as I am aware, she's not.

Botty-sis is right, the PRESSEDT will look for any excuse to bash Xtina...tsk...

royalan

Does the DELUSION ever END?

mPPYv.gif

Well, nowhere in this waste of bits of a post do you actually provide counter-receipts for anything I just said, whereas I just provided 4.

HEW's the delusional one?

Wk9Bi.gif

Girls, if this the real deal, a number of your faves are going to be RETIRED from THE GAME.

Justin TIMBERLAKE working on "crazy" new album says producer Jim Beanz

ibuK5e017QSue5.gif

Let me be an example to some of you basics. Despite JT SABOTAGING Janet's career, I am a loving and forgiving sis and do not hold it against him.

Personally, I wasn't a big fan of SexyBack outside of the singles, but I am VERY curious to hear what a new Justin Timberlake album would sound like.

The success of his music and the sound was so hinged on Timbaland's production (BOTH of his albums relied heavily on it) that I honestly wonder if he CAN make a good album in this new era where Timbaland is now an outdated flop. I mean, look at Nelly Furtado's recent work - a stale flop in every sense and FAR cry from the near-untouchable level she had reached in 2005-2006.

If it's true that JT is coming back to music, this will be VERY interesting to observe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom