• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

LOL she did that for Speak Now. Its nothing new for her.

IKR. The worst kind of PRESUMPTIOUS (sp?) monster ;_:

OAQOZ.gif

I don't know, but I love it.

iuTWtUhgzx241.gif

I can't work out if it's old or new ;_;

Trigger

Personally, I wasn't a big fan of SexyBack outside of the singles, but I am VERY curious to hear what a new Justin Timberlake album would sound like.

The success of his music and the sound was so hinged on Timbaland's production (BOTH of his albums relied heavily on it) that I honestly wonder if he CAN make a good album in this new era where Timbaland is now an outdated flop. I mean, look at Nelly Furtado's recent work - a stale flop in every sense and FAR cry from the near-untouchable level she had reached in 2005-2006.

If it's true that JT is coming back to music, this will be VERY interesting to observe.

I can't see him completely dumping the R&B overtones from Sexyback, but the current pop scene is all about the euro pop. I'll also remind you that Justin wrote the majority of of Justified's tracks including Senorita and Like I Love You (two big singles that didn't require Timbaland). I think he's going to take the same route as Usher. Hell, Beiber basically copied the sounds of Justified without Tim's help too. I'd keep an open mind.

Nemesis_

fveihwofhwejfncwoebf8wegfiwhnviwodrfbggrfbniqeciafcqeknfccwcfewfcqfcqe
fveihwofhwejfncwoebf8wegfiwhnviwodrfbggrfbniqeciafcqeknfccwcfewfcqfcqefveihwofhwejfncwoebf8wegfiwhnviwodrfbggrfbniqeciafcqeknfccwcfewfcqfcqefveihwofhwejfncwoebf8wegfiwhnviwodrfbggrfbniqeciafcqeknfccwcfewfcqfcqe
fveihwofhwejfncwoebf8wegfiwhnviwodrfbggrfbniqeciafcqeknfccwcfewfcqfcqefveihwofhwejfncwoebf8wegfiwhnviwodrfbggrfbniqeciafcqeknfccwcfewfcqfcqefveihwofhwejfncwoebf8wegfiwhnviwodrfbggrfbniqeciafcqeknfccwcfewfcqfcqevfveihwofhwejfncwoebf8wegfiwhnviwodrfbggrfbniqeciafcqeknfccwcfewfcqfcqe

royalan

I can't see him completely dumping the R&B overtones from Sexyback, but the current pop scene is all about the euro pop. I'll also remind you that Justin wrote the majority of of Justified's tracks including Senorita and Like I Love You (two big singles that didn't require Timbaland). I think he's going to take the same route as Usher. Hell, Beiber basically copied the sounds of Justified without Tim's help too. I'd keep an open mind.

First, I need to correct myself: FutureSex/LoveSounds is the name of the album, not Sexyback (FLOP music critic ;_;).

Anyway, I have a bit of hope. Justin did write/could-produce Ciara's Love Sex Magic - which was great.

But it'll be interesting to see what a JT album will sound like now that his two main collaborators (Timbaland and the Neptunes) are out of their prime. Maybe he'll resurrect The Ys, because he should DEF steer clear of Tim this time.

Trigger

First, I need to correct myself: FutureSex/LoveSounds is the name of the album, not Sexyback (FLOP music critic ;_;).

Anyway, I have a bit of hope. Justin did write/could-produce Ciara's Love Sex Magic - which was great.

But it'll be interesting to see what a JT album will sound like now that his two main collaborators (Timbaland and the Neptunes) are out of their prime. Maybe he'll resurrect The Ys, because he should DEF steer clear of Tim this time.

MMHMM. Can an artist who was at the top leave and still reclaim his/her throne upon return?

Last.fm just spilled the RIHta Oral tea

http://i.imgur.com/DJqo3.png[/IG]

Did they lie?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, Rihanna's worse material isn't nearly as basic as Ora. Insulting tbh

Trigger

Have we heard any leaks from Missy's new shit? Missy's old material is still flawless. I'm here for her to re-educate these Garbaj stans tbh

Bladenic

Timbaland premiered a couple tracks a few months back.....(from 4:30) but it's been quiet since then.

Plan was for Tim to drop first (Shock Value 3) then Missy to drop after (Tripe Threat).
That got changed when they both wanted to drop on the same day.
Latest news is that both records have been rolled into a double album and the label is still deciding on a single.....

That sounds like an extreme flop waiting to happen. I honestly thought Missy Elliott wa dead anyway.

Trigger

stay pressed, no one is here for this Messy thing anymore

http://i.minus.com/iSPAuwop6tqw2.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Bladenic, post: 40727257"]That sounds like an extreme flop waiting to happen. [B]I honestly thought Missy Elliott wa dead anyway.[/B][/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=trashcannedhopvb.gif][img]http://www.abload.de/img/trashcannedhopvb.gif[/url]

I am troubled by the idea of a Tim/Missy double album tho.

Icicle

Although it's pretty shitty to go against her family's wishes, it doesn't actually matter where said wishes lie. The rights to her music belong to Blackground Records, which is actually run by her uncle.

I don't think Barry Hankerson will be getting an invitation to the Haughton's house for Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Seems a bit of a strange position to take when they've seemingly been at peace with releasing other stuff after her death, including two albums, "I Care 4 U" and "Ultimate Aaliyah" as well as the movie "Queen of the Damned", which Rashad personally had to re-dub her lines.

Bladenic

Looking forward to the new Mumford and Sons albums despite only listening to the old one once. Need to give it a few more listens.

The fall album I'm most anticipating is Battle Born though. Your faves won't be able to compete if Runaways is any indication.

SaintZ

So now there's this regarding Aaliyah's album:
A message appeared on Aaliyah’s Facebook page, attributed to her brother, Rashad Haughton:

“‘there is no official album being released and supported by the Haughton family.’ -Rashad Haughton (regarding upcoming album release rumors)”

This was immediately reported by many sites and news outlets as evidence that Aaliyah’s immediate family was opposed to the upcoming album. But wait a minute…not so fast.
Did anyone else notice that this “statement” seems to be just a copy-paste of a tweet that Rashad sent back in March, 2012? Meanwhile, if you check his actual twitter account, there’s been no outrage about the new Aaliyah x Drake song “Enough Said” or the news of Timbaland’s involvement. In fact, besides astrology links, the only thing that could possibly reference the Aaliyah developments is a tweet from Aug 1 saying: “Will be back on twitter soon with exciting update when well. Thanks for support.”
A high-level source at Blackground Records (run by Aaliyah’s uncle Barry Hankerson and cousin Jomo Hankerson) sent us this message:

“Let them know that it’s family stuff that we’re working thru now but Aaliyah’s mother wanted us to do this!“

Well, if Aaliyah’s mom is okay with it, then is her Facebook going rogue? Hey Hankersons, Haughton and Team Aaliyah social media assistants….perhaps you guys should all get on a skype conference call? Google+ Hangouts?
So I guess this isn't as messy after all?

royalan

Although it's pretty shitty to go against her family's wishes, it doesn't actually matter where said wishes lie. The rights to her music belong to Blackground Records, which is actually run by her uncle.

I don't think Barry Hankerson will be getting an invitation to the Haughton's house for Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Seems a bit of a strange position to take when they've seemingly been at peace with releasing other stuff after her death, including two albums, "I Care 4 U" and "Ultimate Aaliyah" as well as the movie "Queen of the Damned", which Rashad personally had to re-dub her lines.

Yeah, I agree that Aaliyah's family is being a little too sensitive about this. Done with the right intentions, posthumous albums can be wonderful tributes. And as a fan, I would love to hear more Aaliyah, unfinished or not.

Still, the more this plays out, the more i feel like Drakeisha is using this project to promote himself and his interests, and I'm not here for that at all. Just no respect for Baby Girl's memory by using her vocals for a Chris Brown diss...

Drakella needs to fall back a good 50 feet.

( and DAMN GAF has been flopping mad hard today....)

Trigger

I don't know how to feel about the Drake/Aaliyah stuff anymore.

EDIT- GAF is flopping for everyone else too? I thought it was me. ;_;

Bladenic

OMG you guys GOD Whedon is gonna be writing and directing Avengers 2 and a live action series. Your favorite superhero movies won't be able to survive the slayage. Avengers already ended many superhero careers except The Dark Knight, Avengers 2 will slay even harder.

SaintZ

OMG you guys GOD Whedon is gonna be writing and directing Avengers 2 and a live action series. Your favorite superhero movies won't be able to survive the slayage. Avengers already ended many superhero careers except The Dark Knight, Avengers 2 will slay even harder.
OMG

WhedGOD better deliver tbh.

Yeah I actually enjoyed Avengers more than TDKR... but they were both A+
Yeah me too. Avengers was so fun and TDKR while good it was predictable to me.

Trigger

MMHMM. Card carrying member of the Cult of Whedonism tbh. I'm ready for Avengers 2.

Fuck the Avengers imo

rv0Up.gif

Peru

oh great another movie where nothing happens

things happen, loudly, but might as well not. nothing matters. action scenes where the characters on screen never actually seem to care what happens are hard to care abut. the dark knight predictable? what's sadly predictable these days is the overrating of utterly generic superhero crap with no redeeming features.

Bladenic

things happen, loudly, but might as well not. nothing matters. action scenes where the characters on screen never actually seem to care what happens are hard to care abut. the dark knight predictable? what's sadly predictable these days is the overrating of utterly generic superhero crap with no redeeming features.

I've read an enormous amount of terrible opinions on pop GAF, but I think I've found a new one to call king. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom