• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
thank you so much for this meme, Leona

iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

Bladenic

Let me try this...

New page, old news:

The Dalai Lana will, once again, slay your faves this fall. That is all.

Keep it catty and floptastic, gerls.

ibl6tyRy6cUC7q.gif

#BornToDie:paradiseEdition2012UniversalDomination tbqfh

Spread the Gospel. I am so ready. She looks amazing in that pic too. Everything she does gives 50s and 60s teas.

SaintZ

Let me try this...

New page, old news:

The Dalai Lana will, once again, slay your faves this fall. That is all.

Keep it catty and floptastic, gerls.

ibl6tyRy6cUC7q.gif

#BornToDie:paradiseEdition2012UniversalDomination tbqfh
FLAWLESS POST, NO LIES DETECTED.
ibcDyvYp5C3E9K.gif

In related Lana News: Someone tweaked a live version of "Body Electric" trying to make it sound like a studio version. The guy reduced the noise and some other stuff making it the best version of the song so far.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Anybody ELSE want the POLL

These results....
irhO4eus4V3Cp.gif

Can I get the poll Mr. Duranguense

FLAWLESS POST, NO LIES DETECTED.
ibcDyvYp5C3E9K.gif

In related Lana News: Someone tweaked a live version of "Body Electric" trying to make it sound like a studio version. The guy reduced the noise and some other stuff making it the best version of the song so far.

I wonder if the final version will sound at all like her live version.

She needs to release a single soon!

Nemesis_

I actually spent 15 minutes coming to see what the results were after the tweet I received, but I come back disappointed. Where is the surprise? #OverIt #Bionic

SaintZ

She needs to release a single soon!
I don't know if this was posted before but she's releasing Dark Paradise as a single in September.
Has the Dalai Lana said anything about a separate release for the Paradise songs?

Not here for double dipping.
She hasn't :/ I hope there's a separate release as well, if not then I might end up just buying the extra songs on iTunes or something.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Has the Dalai Lana said anything about a separate release for the Paradise songs?

Not here for double dipping.

She said that it would be more like an EP rather than an album. That makes me think that there will be a separate release.

I don't know if this was posted before but she's releasing Dark Paradise as a single in September.

Oh! I didn't know. I was hoping for a new song :/

Mumei

My fave doesn't hide her deteriorating voice tho.

ibkiwPg3IHgNgH.gif

My fave will still have more of a voice in her 80s than your fave does now.

iLvCfzsD1VGED.gif

It is curious to me that you would try to go down this path. Shouldn't you stick to your strengths? Digital single downloads, say.

IrishNinja

why are shots being fired on mariah

you could add your top 3 favs and still empirically have lest talent than her, ya'll gon have to deal

Nemesis_

Might as well LEAVE THIS HERE.

GtLI1.jpg

Giving In kind of sounds a little like Gwen Stefani during the opening lines and the chorus is nice but I didn't like the kind of "deep" and "soaring" nature of the song's production.

Stimela is easily my favourite track on the album, it gives me heavy Deep Forest teas and I personally it feels like the best track to provide evidence that Wynter herself has matured as an artist from those somewhat vacuous club bangers she was known for (well, here at least).

Waiting sounds dated for some reason. It has this kind of weird old school feel to it that doesn't really gel with me. It sounds like it's trying to be some kind of inspirational anthemic kind of song and frankly the message in the song itself doesn't seem to connect with me at all.

Kids has some cool and funky production that gives me Donkey Kong Country teas and I really love it. Her voice is very soft and sombre in this song and I think it's potentially when I enjoy Wynter Gordon the most. The mood and atmosphere in this song is near perfect!

Bad Thing gives me this kind of grungy angry kind of bent message with the lyrics and general tone of the song's production, but I could quite honestly take it or leave it. It gets a bit whiney at times.

No Hush has some cool jungle style backing beats that I absolutely love. Her voice is also quite smooth and well developed in this song, it is deinitely one of my favourites. The hook is also just so infectious.

Don't Waste Your Time kind of reminds of an early Rihanna or M.I.A. track but much better, the production on this one is really tight and despite her getting quite emotional with her vocals she doesn't skip that barrier into the obnoxious.

Nervous (ft. Travis Scott) gives me Gwen Stefani teas again for some reason, I don't know why. =/ The very simple backing track and general production makes it quite a good song, and the "figure you out" hook is almost as catchy as the one in No Hush. She has a great tone and atmosphere here, and the whistle parts of the song don't feel overdone or unnecessary, they fit in almost perfectly. What the fuck @ the guest vocals though, seems completely unnecessary.

iEwIU.jpg

Overall I'm pretty keen to see what else is up the sleeve for Wynter Gordon. I am wondering if she will keep a similar sound for her future EPs or instead have different sounds to do with each parts of the "human condition".

Re-watching #BURLESQUE right now.

I forgot how much this movie #SLAYED when it first came out.

Overeager, burlesque Xtina is BEST Xtina
-- well, SECOND best to B2B Xtina

Kyon

Banned
Re-watching #BURLESQUE right now.

I forgot how much this movie #SLAYED when it first came out.

Overeager, burlesque Xtina is BEST Xtina
-- well, SECOND best to B2B Xtina

FINALLY someone that agrees with me <3

Also Burleque is still my number 1 favorite movie of all time :""""""")

Nemesis_

Let's REFLECT, SHALL we.

xugvf.jpg
07CGV.jpg
EtfZB.jpg

BURLESQUE starring Christina Aguilera and Cher
FREDDY vs. JASON starring Kelly Rowland
THE SMURFS starring Katy Perry

O3vE6.jpg
eRtMb.jpg
4OGlU.jpg

OBSESSED starring Beyonce
GOLDMEMBER starring Beyonce
VALENTINE'S DAY starring Taylor Swift

KFQ7q.jpg
sZhTf.jpg
3jeBj.jpg

BATTLESHIP starring Rihanna
SEABISCUIT starring Leona Lewis
ICE AGE: CONTINENTAl DRIFT starring Nicki Minaj

0tOsj.jpg
Abzf6.jpg
kCGcx.jpg

GLITTER starring Mariah Carey
CROSSROADS starring Britney Spears
FROM JUSTIN TO KELLY starring Kelly Clarkson

M7Slr.jpg
amE1e.jpg
LZNMe.jpg

GIGLI starring Jennifer Lopez
SWEPT AWAY starring Madonna
DANCER IN THE DARK starring Bjork

Who has had the best film output? =P

Majmun

Battleshit flopped its way into the red numbers. No Beyonce movie ever did that.
But the movie outgrossed the Bee movies in a different kind of gross tho. It's one of the worst movies I've seen.

Rih should stick to making music. She'll find her profits* there.

*After giving a cut to the Carter family. Can't ingore the Carter-tax.

iYYrWve3H7nlE.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Is the 'Carter-Tax' also code for what happens to the writers who actually write the music Beyonce sings? I guess you'd call that an 100% Carter-Tax, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom