• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nem's fabulous reviews have inspired me to start meaningfully (
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif
) contributing to this thread, so without further ado I present:

THIS WEEK IN POP.
(August 11, 2012)

I enjoy scouring the web for new music to play in the DJ room and one day I suddenly thought to myself, "Hey dumbass, why don't you post what you find in the POPGAF thread itself?" The title implies that I'll be doing this on a weekly basis but really that remains to be seen because sometimes you just can't find good shit on a weekly cycle. Or maybe because I might just abandon this project like I have every journal/blog/romance of my life. ANYWAY, let's get to the good stuff.

Heart Machine Service- 'In An Ambulance.' I posted about 'Get You' a few months ago
and was met with scathing indifference, bless
and this song is just as cute and hummable. They also have a song called 'Street Lights' that I was unaWARE of before writing this, oop. You might like them if you're a fan of Robyn.

Labrinth- 'Treatment.' New song from the UK producer-turned-solo act. Rumor has it he's producing for Rihanna's new album, so click to listen what style she may be headed towards this year.
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

Ellie Goulding- 'Anything Could Happen.' The good sis Artemisa tipped us off to this song. I'm sure we are all familiar with Ellie now that 'Lights' has finally conquered the US, so y'all know what to expect. I think I hear a little bit of Grimes in this song. It's a little too repetitive for me, but I'm still excited for Halcyon, which is released on October 8th.

Frank + Derol- 'Barely Love You Too.' I really don't know anything about this duo other than the fact that this song is pretty good. Sounds kind of like Heart Machine Service that I linked to earlier; both have pleasingly girly vocals, a poppy melody, and somewhat raw production.

The xx- 'Chained.' The xx's first album shitted on 2009, and it looks likely that Coexist will shit on 2012. 'Chained' is the second song released from Coexist, the first (and the one I prefer) being 'Angels'. The album comes out on September 11th.

Jessie Ware- 'Sweet Talk.' I know you all have already been made #aWARE of this song's existence, which is good because UMG has blocked the video on Jessie's own Youtube channel. #labelsabotage #mydecember

Niki and the Dove- Instinct. I've already posted within the past two weeks about how I was late to the party on this album by a few months BUT techinically this album comes out this week in the US and I am therefore taking this opportunity to plug it. It's so good, almost like a more dancey Lykke Li. Listen to 'Tomorrow', 'The Drummer', and 'DJ, Ease My Mind'. Probably my pop album of the year thus far. (Gracias to SecretMoblin for bringing them to my attention!)

--------------------------------------------

Okay, I guess that's it for now. Britney thanks you for your time.

iHX0iB7yeI3XO.GIF

Nemesis_

Nem's fabulous reviews have inspired me to start meaningfully (
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif
) contributing to this thread, so without further ado I present:

SUCH IMPACT, INFLUENCE and RELEVANCE.

KihSo.gif

why? we have all called it her that

TBH I have given Rih some slack ever since BEFRIENDING the COMMANDING OFFICER of the #NAVY,
but when she does shit like this after it's been so long (and she has alternatives I guess) it becomes hard to DEAL.

tumblr_lt43drqmvE1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Mau ®

It seems like an appropriate response, doesn't it pain you MORE THAN ANYONE to hear her keep on going on about this baboon? I'm so SICK of it and I don't even give a SHIT about her as a person.

Because she said on the interview "It was embarrassing... I lost my friend" she should be deemed a slut? How is that appropriate?

There are PLENTY of receipts that she's not with him and a LACK OF RECEIPTS that she is. There's not a single shred of evidence yet its appropriate to call her a slut?

Nemesis_

Because she said on the interview "It was embarrassing... I lost my friend" she should be deemed a slut? How is that appropriate?

There are PLENTY of receipts that she's not with him and a LACK OF RECEIPTS that she is. There's not a single shred of evidence yet its appropriate to deem her a slut?

You raise good points, I guess i was just talking about hating her as a person rather than the specific response of slut.

Apologies.

tumblr_lrvtqpuFGW1qewmu6o1_r2_500.gif

Kyon

Banned

There are PLENTY of receipts that she's not with him and a LACK OF RECEIPTS that she is. There's not a single shred of evidence yet its appropriate to deem her a slut?

Yup. They were never together again. They were trying to be friends but obviously now that's not gonna happen cause that thing that happened I forgot about lol

EDIT: I never called her that and don't think she is. She still loves him and that's normal and ok. They shouldn't be together tho that's the hardest thing for her. She will find someone better for her that makes her happy. I see her getting married in a few years :)

Bladenic

Funny you haven't followed your own advice
bhuHH.gif

<3

No, because what he did was simply horrible and it's not like he's gracefully forgotten about it. The way he behaved following the incident, with extreme aggressiveness and cockiness continued to this day means I'll never forget. Like the country goddess Miranda Lambert said, most of the music business forgave him way too easily. Bless America for NOT forgetting though.

Kyon

Banned
No, because what he did was simply horrible and it's not like he's gracefully forgotten about it. The way he behaved following the incident, with extreme aggressiveness and cockiness continued to this day means I'll never forget. Like the country goddess Miranda Lambert said, most of the music business forgave him way too easily. Bless America for NOT forgetting though.

except Miranda and her husband support a Wife beater also so I can't take that or hee seriously ever because that's hypocrisy

Nemesis_

THANKFULLY, the BUYING PUBLIC continue to FORGET HIM.

Karma is REALLY a bitch.

Reason enough to PARTY tbh

tQIjY.gif

except Miranda and her husband support a Wife beater also so I can't take that or hee seriously ever because that's hypocrisy

The act is still gross no matter who is putting it down or talking about it.

w1PaB.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
TBH I have given Rih some slack ever since BEFRIENDING the COMMANDING OFFICER of the #NAVY,
but when she does shit like this after it's been so long (and she has alternatives I guess) it becomes hard to DEAL.

I hear she still likes Chris Brown material on her Instagram

someone should Give Her Heart A Break
iKlyx5S1Pb5KO.gif

Bladenic

Glenn Campbell. She and her husband support him. He beat Tanya Tucker did he not? Is that not hypocritical of her?

I have no idea who that is lol. If they indeed supported him and specifically addressed that fact, then yes it's hypocritical and they should be ashamed.

Doesn't change anything about Shit Brown though. At least Miranda and Blake sell albums still. And Miranda is praised to high heaven by critics. Shit Brown wishes.

Kyon

Banned
I have no idea who that is lol. If they indeed supported him and specifically addressed that fact, then yes it's hypocritical and they should be ashamed.

Doesn't change anything about Shit Brown though. At least Miranda and Blake sell albums still. And Miranda is praised to high heaven by critics. Shit Brown wishes.

That last part has nothing to do with this lol but yeah they have. I'm on mobile so I can't look for links atm. If you look it up you'll see.

Bladenic

That last part has nothing to do with this lol but yeah they have. I'm on mobile so I can't look for links atm. If you look it up you'll see.

I know I just wanted to throw in some extra shade :p

And I can't wait for the PSAS. Drake will be my main *.*

Mumei

Sigh.

Don't do that. If you've called her - or anyone else - a slut here and I didn't see it, lucky you. You didn't get away with it because it was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom