• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Mumei? Shade me?

Gerl PLEASE, they could build MONUMENTS to the unconditional sexy love Mumei and I have for each other <3 <3
ZDNbi.jpg

royalan

All Mariah predictions have been voided by the fact that her album has been pushed back to March 2013.

#FlopAvoidance

And Leona, I don't think an unconfirmed song title is enough to say there won't be any vocal maturity from Xtina.There will ALWAYS be a sexual element to her music. Unavoidable.

I mean, just like song titles like "collide" and "happy" didn't coincide with chart relevance or "people giving a shit."

All Mariah predictions have been voided by the fact that her album has been pushed back to March 2013.

#FlopAvoidance

And Leona, I don't think an unconfirmed song title is enough to say there won't be any vocal maturity from Xtina.There will ALWAYS be a sexual element to her music. Unavoidable.

I mean, just like song titles like "collide" and "happy" didn't coincide with chart relevance or "people giving a shit."
"Happy" was a UK #1 and "Collide" peaked at #4. Did "Not Myself Tonight" or "You Lost Me" even make Top 10 anywhere?

Lemme answer that for you.

ipup1MwwfNnVe.gif

Koodo

Banned
Billboard said:
But fans have plenty more to look forward to before her next album, which is tentatively due in March. Carey's manager, Randy Jackson, tells Billboard.com that she has a "big performance planned soon for television," a vague but tantalizing hint. Jackson reveals that "Triumphant" was inspired by Carey's husband, Nick Cannon and his fight with kidney failure, and that the just-shot video will be directed by him as well. The clip is set to debut in the coming weeks.
Directed by Nick Cannon? Oh, gurl.

i0QNqD9MZlVVF.gif

Bladenic

I would offer my flop predictions but why bother they're probably gonna be wrong.

However I actually thought Xtina was gonna be at least a minor comeback but I doubt it now. Not Myself Tonight was extremely sexual and flopped hard and surely had to do with Bionic flopping among other things. I thought she would have learned her lesson but obviously she didn't and instead is titled her lead single Fuck Your Body. I still think the new album will sell better than Bionic. I mean it has to, if it doesn't then it's RIP Xtincta

royalan

"Happy" was a UK #1 and "Collide" peaked at #4. Did "Not Myself Tonight" or "You Lost Me" even make Top 10 anywhere?

ipup1MwwfNnVe.gif

Thank god Christina doesn't just have one album then.

Congrats: Leona matched the sum of 1/5 Xtina's career.

And while Xtina has spent her downtime raking in millions judging singing show contestants like your fave, what has Leona been doing?

#carrots

#hay

#Glue

Bladenic

Thank god Christina does just have one album then.

Congrats: Leona matched the sum of 1/5 Xtina's career.

And while Xtina has spent her downtime raking in millions judging singing show contestants like your fave, what has Leona been doing?

#carrots

#hay

#Glue

Drag ha. It'll be interesting to see who wins the sales game between the two.

Cynosure

ipup1MwwfNnVe.gif

Leona shouldn't even bother making plans releasing anything in the US because as far as they're concerned, she a one-hit-wonder
no pun intended
OGq50.gif

tumblr_m1yrvcHN3G1r33943o1_500.gif

Bladenic

Well her follow up single to Bleeding Love, Better in Time I think it was called, did peak right outside the top 10. So that's something.

Drag ha. It'll be interesting to see who wins the sales game between the two.
Spirit sold over 7 million. Echo slow-burned its way to a little over 2 million.

Bionic couldn't even limp its way to 500,000.

Xtina was very lucky back in the olden days to be able to eat the rotting scraps of whatever artistic shift Britney had already ushered in (whether the Radio Disney faux-innocence channeled in Christina Aguilera or the sexy grit evident throughout Stripped). When Xtina tries something original, she fails.

Maybe there's some dubstep in her future? :-} :-} :-}

:-}

botty

Banned
Spirit sold over 7 million. Echo slow-burned its way to a little over 2 million.

Xtina was very lucky back in the olden days to be able to eat the rotting scraps of whatever artistic shift Britney had already ushered in (whether the Radio Disney faux-innocence channeled in Christina Aguilera or the sexy grit evident throughout Stripped). When Xtina tries something original, she fails.

Leona, I love you, but...

ibpH0MZN0MsIF7.gif

royalan

Too bad the Stripped and Back to Basics eras was nothing Brit every tried.

You fail, just like your fave.

#wakeupGlastonbury

Too bad the Stripped and Back to Basics eras was nothing Brit every tried.

You fail, just like your fave.

#wakeupGlastonbury
Yes, because a single GIF is indicative of an entire half-hour set.

Oh, wait...

Sit. Because questionable isolated moments during a live performance haven't exactly eluded Xtincta either...

Styles

Hackney, Glastonbury, Lollapalooza....who can ever remember what and where Leona performs?

http://i.imgur.com/cKhj0.gif[IMG]

Here's to Xtina breathing life into his production that your zombie fave sure as hell couldn't.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PbWOO.gif

Everyone drinking water except her

par for the course

ibwU1mi32pJbjO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom