• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

Whats gonna happen in the next two weeks tho?

WFL 10 week reign might get snatched by CMM.

Unless Floprida takes the reign or my fav debuts at number 1

Perra killing it with that WA discount

iWHXkfBMH4f3a.gif

Kyon

Banned
omg yes
They will ruthlessly go IN. They hated Jennifer Hudson for stealing Bey's Dreamgirls/Oscars thunder, and though I can't remember exactly what they tweeted, they used her family's murder tragedy against her.

Yeah i was there. Her brother's death is what you mean. They still drag her, Keri(actually every stanbase drags her), and ESPECIALLY the Navy smh. BeyHive and The Navy always going at it. Monsters and BeyHive get along tho.. for the most part.

CrystalBall-1-web.gif

Such a slow, floppy evening. Time to revisit some of my erm...prediction tea.

By the way, time for some prediction tea!

- Glassheart will produce a worldwide smash (or two) of such scale that Bleeding Love's success will be more akin to that of a promo single in comparison. It will salvage 2012 and leave the haters in stunned silence.

- Mariah's next album will mark a new stage in her career and achieve an artistic high (if not a commercial one) unmatched since her TEoM output.

- Lady GaGa, despite her protestations to the contrary, will continue to dig herself into a hole of cultish self-importance and delusion. Like with BTW, her next album will be noted for its lack of thematic focus, cohesion, and coherence.

- Live X-Factor will break Britney into a million little pieces, and ultimately do more harm than good for her career. As for the show...let's just say I don't think it'll be getting any OT's after next year.

- Xtincta will pleasantly (?) surprise us with some legitimately good material and finally achieve some vocal maturity. Or else she better fire her new vocal coach.

- By this time next year, One Direction will have already proven what hindsight, common sense, and a decade of musical trends make plainly obvious: 15 seconds is fairly generous for boy bands nowadays. Delio's tears will repopulate the water supplies of numerous third-world countries.
So far, my Mariah prediction is looking rather shaky.

But now that her handlers are predictably reacting to "Triumphant" flopping by now calling it a "buzz" single, there's still hope that they'll pull a fresher bunny out the hat next time. There's still time, after all - album's not due until March 2013.

My Xtincta prediction is also falling apart. I was hoping for some vocal maturity, but it seems that based on the new single's title - "Love Your Body (Fuck Your Body)" - we should expect another misguided, age-inappropriate disaster.

I'll add (with much sadness) that Ke$hit's next whatever will smash faces in both its $hittiness and its chart longevity. Prepare to turn off the radio, in other words.

Kyon

Banned
I don't expect a Sony stan to enjoy anything but graphics. Who cares about GOOD GAME DESIGN when we can have GOOD GRAPHICS.

If by game design you mean the SAME THING since the 80's with better graphics?
When will Nintendo stans experience EVOLUTION?

#Nostalgia

iPtTsNgftwD38.gif

EDIT: K im done

royalan

DJ just played "Pound the Alarm" and half the dancefloor stopped dancing. I COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP!

#PhillyisUNBOTHERED

...And "give me all your love" just came on.

#FLOPdj

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
#Predictions

Gaga will slay by November

Ke$ha will dominate in September

Taylor Swift will scalp us this Monday

and Xtina will reach the top 10 but still be shaded
iPtTsNgftwD38.gif

Idek tbh I just anticipate stuff. If it's bad im just gonna have to deal :(
Not a bad idea tbh - for Glassheart to live up to my expectations, Leona would have to literally deliver the Thriller-level of classic track after track she said she's aspiring to.

But I know she'll do it

iblQh9xBnyur8z.gif

Can we please salvage this flop page with some more #predictiontea?

CrystalBall-1-web.gif
Yes, this should be fun.

Ahem...

-Glassheart will do well enough, but not as well as Spirit.

-One Direction will put out another album before fucking off to the land of the Jonas Brothers/5ive/Big Time Rush.

-Xtina doubles Bionic's sales with her next album.

-Taylor Swift's new album opens big, but not Speak Now big.

-ARTPOP opens big, but not Born This Way big. It will have more hits than BTW, though.

-Kelly's Dark Side becomes a minor sleeper hit, and the last single of the Stronger era will be I Forgive You, which will be a similarly minor hit. She will then take a relatively short break before coming back with a Darkchild-produced smash lead single.

-Mariah's Triumphant will flop, but her second single will do well. The album will surpass Memoirs in sales.

-Ke$ha will continue being a singles artist for the time being, but by the end of the decade she will have a respectable cult following.

Mumei

Not a bad idea tbh - for Glassheart to live up to my expectations, Leona would have to literally deliver the Thriller-level of classic track after track she said she's aspiring to.

But I know she'll do it

iblQh9xBnyur8z.gif

Your faith / delusion is either inspiring or sad.

Aguila

#ICONIC
My prediction:

Lana Del Rey will ruthlessly scalp all your faves.
Boring truth: Paradise edition will do just as good as BTD but, unless she produces a more "pop" influenced song, she won't make much headway in the US or in the singles charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom