• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
^^^ LOL he didnt say Brit tho

reg_1024.xfactor.cm.61212.jpg
Demi-Lovato-Britney-Spears-The-X-Factor.jpg

royalan

POP-GAF, what is Christina, Lady GaGa, Beyonce, and Madonna's best albums?

I need to know so I can add these to my music collection. I don't have to much pop in my collection other than a few. I have more rock as hip hop than anything else. I do have Rihanna though :p

Christina - Stripped/Back to Basics (get them both)

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

Beyonce - Dangerously in Love

Madonna - Celebration

Kyon

Banned
SIS! Yes, pretty much the 5th Christina Aguilera album.

Don't listen to the Pressedt hate. Bionic is a listenable album. Really you should get all of Xtina's albums tbh...

That's what I actually named the artist of the album on itunes instead of various artists. :p

botty

Banned
POP-GAF, what is Christina, Lady GaGa, Beyonce, and Madonna's best albums?

I need to know so I can add these to my music collection. I don't have to much pop in my collection other than a few. I have more rock as hip hop than anything else. I do have Rihanna though :p

Christina - Stripped/Back 2 Basics

Lady Gaga - The Fame/The Fame Monster

Beyonce - B'Day/I am...

Madonna - fuck if I know...

I recommend both of the albums listed, but the bolded is what I prefer.

Enjoy.

iC50Zg7JhDv8G.gif

Majmun

POP-GAF, what is Beyonce's best album?

Time 4 some education
iHDfolykOOSd9.gif

I will name the albums and the tracks you should listen and love

1. Dangerously in Love
jbuOpD1W6Yt7es.png

- Crazy In love
- Speechless
- Naughty Girl
- Be With you
- Me myself and I
- Baby Boy
- Dangerously in Love

2. 4
ibt7SaKUwdBTL9.jpg

- End of Time
- I miss U
- 1+1
- I Care
- Love on Top
- I was Here
- Schoolin' Life
- Countdown
- Best thing I never had

3. B'Day
iLkcg1S4m0yqM.jpg

- Irreplaceable
- Deja Vu
- Get me bodied
- Suga Mama
- Upgrade U

4. I am...Sasha Fierce

ioNj5iyDJw1yG.jpg

- Single Ladies
- If I were a boy
- Sweet Dreams
- Halo
- Radio
- Disappear

Listen to all of her albums and be amazed. They're majestic. No other fave could, really.
igEFBIwEuuNII.gif

royalan

I dont think this is fair to make fun of tbh

Why? People call Gaga's stans "Little Cutters" all the time. Don't see how this is any worse, especially since he ultimately didn't kill himself.

Not my problem you can't handle the strength of my brew.

Oh, I can handle the strength. Just confused about the brew seeing as Xtina has albums that have outsold the entire discography of some of your faves. She also has more than three successful singles if we're to consider the UK charts.

And isn't the UK Pop's First World?

i69xgtxhS6aZE.gif

Trigger

Oh, I can handle the strength. Just confused about the brew seeing as Xtina has albums that have outsold the entire discography of some of your faves. She also has more than three successful singles if we're to consider the UK chart.

botty

Banned
Oh, I can handle the strength. Just confused about the brew seeing as Xtina has albums that have outsold the entire discography of some of your faves. She also has more than three successful singles if we're to consider the UK charts.

Spill that tea, roy.

ib13VVDZFLh7tD.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i69xgtxhS6aZE.gif

It's a joke that Xtina stans think she is some kind of pop royalty tbh. In a conversation about Madonna, Gaga and Beyoncé the suggestion that you should buy all of Xtina's alberms is farcical.

And the punchline, as ever, is Bionic.

ecurbj

If you only buy one Gaga album get FAME MONSTER DELUXE since it includes her first album with it!
Shit. Me and my cousin were looking at that album yesterday and I walked past it. I should of purchased it but I like having the seperate album artwork. I'm anal like that lol

royalan

It's a joke that Xtina stans think she is some kind of pop royalty tbh. In a conversation about Madonna, Gaga and Beyoncé the suggestion that you should buy all of Xtina's alberms is farcical.

And the punchline, as ever, is Bionic.

Funny how you don't address any potential lies in what I said. Probs because the tea is true.

And it comes in three varieties: hot, iced or bubble.

Take your pick and sip.

and LOL @ the bolded.

Trigger

Shit. Me and my cousin were looking at that album yesterday and I walked past it. I should of purchased it but I like having the seperate album artwork. I'm anal like that lol

You're in the right thread.
bhuHH.gif

On-Topic: I think the Deluxe edition has better artwork. Very clean and simple, but I can understand wanting seperate art.

JCX

What do you all think some of these pop stars's signiature song will be? Kind of like how Aretha is tied to Respect and Whitney with IWALY.

Beyonce - Single Ladies
Gaga - Bad Romance
Taylor Swift - I'm going to kidnap you and lock you in a cellar forever You Belong With Me

Majmun

Funny how you don't address any potential lies in what I said.

and LOL @ the bolded.

Beyonce is a bigger "pop royalty" than Xtina.

Bee never had a bad album out. Always stayed classy and she's been on top of her game since 1998.

She slayed with Destiny's Child and is slaying even harder as a solo artist.

Someone needs a reality check
ib1MIOI9nEpast.gif

Trigger

What do you all think some of these pop stars's signiature song will be? Kind of like how Aretha is tied to Respect and Whitney with IWALY.

Beyonce - Single Ladies
Gaga - Bad Romance
Taylor Swift - I'm going to kidnap you and lock you in a cellar forever You Belong With Me

I think You Belong With Me is definitely her more iconic song. Echanted is my favorite even if it's not as big a hit.

HiResDes

Lana can feel very pretentious at times (and dem lips), but she's got some great tracks and the production is stellar. Getting endorsements is the best way to spread her brand. I'm pretty sure most of our faves do the same.
Oh yeah the problem with Lana is that she's too pretentious, keep telling yourself that Lana fans. You guys cant be that delusional can you?

royalan

Beyonce - Single Ladies
Gaga - Bad Romance

Beyonce - Single Ladies
Gaga - Bad Romance
Britney - Hit Me Baby One More Time
Christina - Genie in a Bottle (but I also don't think we've heard her magnum opus yet)
Taylor Swift - Love Story

bhuHH.gif
Jessica Simpson - I Wanna Love You Forever
bhuHH.gif
Danii Minogue - I Begin to Wonder
bhuHH.gif
Billie Piper - Girlfriend
bhuHH.gif
Robyn - Show Me Love
bhuHH.gif
Mandy Moore - Candy
bhuHH.gif
Samantha Mumba - Gotta Tell You
bhuHH.gif
Ashlee Simpson - LaLa
bhuHH.gif
Christina Millian - Dip It Low

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Funny how you don't address any potential lies in what I said. Probs because the tea is true.

Gerl I have no problems if you want to labour under your delusion that Xtina is anything other than a tenth rate popstar. But lets please not bring sales into it as though they're anything other than an indicator of somebody the illuminati putting halucinogens in the water supply at album release times.

and LOL @ the bolded.

Beyoncé got invited to headline the biggest music festival in the world. That's impact, that's influence, that's being a pop queen. Xtina had to cancel a tour supporting her album. That's irrelevance, that's lack of influence, that's being a #hew.

JCX

I stanned for Samantha Mumba on Zoog Disney. Are we gonna bring Cleopatra, Pink lite Jem and A*Teens into this too?

I forget that Love Story and You Belong With Me are different songs tbh

Also, Willa Ford - I Wanna Be Bad

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
bhuHH.gif
Jessica Simpson - I Wanna Love You Forever
bhuHH.gif
Danii Minogue - I Begin to Wonder
bhuHH.gif
Billie Piper - Girlfriend
bhuHH.gif
Robyn - Show Me Love
bhuHH.gif
Mandy Moore - Candy
bhuHH.gif
Samantha Mumba - Gotta Tell You
bhuHH.gif
Ashlee Simpson - LaLa
bhuHH.gif
Christina Millian - Dip It Low

i5ucwXgWM6g2w.gif

It's Dancing On My Own or With Every Heartbeat, gerl.

And take several seats for trying to slip Robyn in with the hews like we wouldn't notice.

Nemesis_

i5ucwXgWM6g2w.gif

It's Dancing On My Own or With Every Heartbeat, gerl.

And take several seats for trying to slip Robyn in with the hews like we wouldn't notice.

I would argue that Robyn's biggest song has been Show Me Love. There is not one person on this planet who would not have heard that song.

The others are great, let's be honest, but have no where near the amount of widespread exposure that Show Me Love had.

royalan

Beyoncé got invited to headline the biggest music festival in the world. That's impact, that's influence, that's being a pop queen. Xtina had to cancel a tour supporting her album. That's irrelevance, that's lack of influence, that's being a #hew.

Christina was the youngest artist to make Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Singers of All Time list and was single-handedly responsible for returning vocal ability to Pop music while Beyonce was popping her pussy in a quartet trio.

#INFLUENCE

But I will admit that I wish Christina had Beyonce's work ethic. ;__;

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I would argue that Robyn's biggest song has been Show Me Love. There is not one person on this planet who would not have heard that song.

The others are great, let's be honest, but have no where near the amount of widespread exposure that Show Me Love had.

Peaked at #8 in the UK, With Every Heartbeat went to #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom