• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

I hope the Rihanna song on Calvin's 18 Months is a new song and not We Found Love.

Im pretty sure its We Found Love tho. Hopefully its the T in the Park mix he played. Such slayage!!!

JCX

How on earth could it NOT be Crazy In Love.

I went back and forth between CIL and SL, but SL was like a pop cultural moment, whereas I'm not sure most people know if CIL is a Beyonce song or a Destiny's Child song.

It does. I also like the Rih shade of not even mentioning her in the 'iconic song' conversation. Clearly it's "We Found Love", but no one mentions her name. The absolute pressure.

Rihanna's is 100% Umbrella. All of her hits from her monthly album releases kind of just blend together, but Umbrella was a big deal. It took YEARS before we could say Umbrella in any context without saying "ella ella eh eh eh"

Koodo

Banned
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif
FALSE TEA DETECTED
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif

Christina Aguilera has over 100 million records sold as a solo artist.
I see someone believed the unsourced and false tea posted on ONTD once.

Unless you have the receipts for 70 million singles sold, given that RCA claims "over 30 million" albums.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

Christopher

Hot 100

1. Taylor Swift - We Are Never Getting Back Together
2. Flo Rida - Whistle
3. Ellie Golding - Lights
4. Carley Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
5. Fun. - Some Nights
6. Maroon 5 - Payphone
7. Katy Perry - Wide Awake
8. Justin Beiber - As Long As You Love Me
9. Maroon 5 - One More Night
10. Sia - Titanium

Local Swift did it with her first #1.

Mau ®

Hot 100

1. Taylor Swift - We Are Never Getting Back Together
2. Flo Rida - Whistle
3. Ellie Golding - Lights
4. Carley Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
5. Fun. - Some Nights
6. Maroon 5 - Payphone
7. Katy Perry - Wide Awake
8. Justin Beiber - As Long As You Love Me
9. Maroon 5 - One More Night
10. Sia - Titanium

Local Swift did it with her first #1.

Its not her first numero uno tho.

HiResDes

If the Lana and Co. spent a quarter of as much time sculpting her music as they do sculpting her image, they might be able to craft a decent album

Zutroy

I went back and forth between CIL and SL, but SL was like a pop cultural moment, whereas I'm not sure most people know if CIL is a Beyonce song or a Destiny's Child song.

Wat?

Crazy in Love was the song when she broke through and everybody knew she was going to make it big as a solo artist.

It's not even close tbh. It was probably one of the biggest songs that decade, SL doesn't even come close.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
That's what I said about Gaga with Born This Way, lol.
b80efe23.gif

stay pressed.

Lana's and Gaga's latest attempts have elevated them to new heights of relevancy
while your fave's made her sunk to a new low

better pray all that time wasted on dieting and lipo(basically clearing her image)
helps her sell a few more copies
tumblr_m8t6ll7ZiO1rx8ssno1_250.gif

botty

Banned
lol im not trying to drag Xtina tho just praising Bey btw.

Also regardless if its her biological child its still hers to raise :p

Don't worry, Kyon. I used your post to segue into shade.

stay pressed.

Lana's and Gaga's latest attempts have elevated them to new heights of relevancy
while your fave's made her sunk to a new low

better pray all that time wasted on dieting and lipo(basically clearing her image)
helps her sell a few more copies
tumblr_m8t6ll7ZiO1rx8ssno1_250.gif

Yep, I am pressed. Born This Way was shit compared to The Fame/Fame Monster. All it ended up doing was creating a cult of insecure "little cutters" who clamped onto Gaga's teet for any sign of acceptance.

Bless ha for ending this shitty era, and returning to form soon.
b80efe23.gif

Zutroy

NEW MUSIC

You know how there's a total lack of any relevant or interesting males in the charts? Well let me introduce you POPGaf to Aiden Grimshaw. He's a former contestant on the UK X-Factor a few years ago known for his creepy intense performances. He exited from the show around mid-way and wasn't heard of again until this year when he released both of his singles Is This Love and Curtain Call although they didn't exactly set the charts on fire.

I've just listened to his album and it's really good, and I'm sure a few people here would like it too. He's kinda like the male version of Lana Del Rey and even did a few songs with some of her producers. Only criticism of the album is that it's all a bit similar, although does change the tempo a lot between songs.

Give it a listen!

Reviews:
Guardian
Yahoo
BBC

royalan

I see someone believed the unsourced and false tea posted on ONTD once.

Unless you have the receipts for 70 million singles sold, given that RCA claims "over 30 million" albums.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

Actually, I believe the tea posted on Christina Aguilera's official website over RCA's long-since-outdated press materials where the same number has been repeated for years. That has her album sales pegged at 46 million.

iGMAuofTcCU0I.gif

But really RCA is just inept anyway because they have yet to actually do an official tally of Xtina's album + singles sales ;__;

royalan

I'm not shading Bey's work ethic tho, sis. ;__;

It's the one page in her book I wish Christina would read. Because the sad truth is as great as Xtina is, she'd be even greater if she increased her output. She keeps too low a profile.

But the only reason I bolded Bey in that post is because there's no area in the Pop discussion where Bey warrants discussion but Xtina doesn't. As artists they're on the same level, even if Bey makes more money because she endorses everything under the sun.

EDIT: who HEW is that gif? TOO FIERCE.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
NEW MUSIC

You know how there's a total lack of any relevant or interesting males in the charts? Well let me introduce you POPGaf to Aiden Grimshaw. He's a former contestant on the UK X-Factor a few years ago known for his creepy intense performances. He exited from the show around mid-way and wasn't heard of again until this year when he released both of his singles Is This Love and Curtain Call although they didn't exactly set the charts on fire.

I've just listened to his album and it's really good, and I'm sure a few people here would like it too. He's kinda like the male version of Lana Del Rey and even did a few songs with some of her producers. Only criticism of the album is that it's all a bit similar, although does change the tempo a lot between songs.

Give it a listen!

Gerl I've been trying to push him on these reprobates. I haven't listened to the alberm tho so I will now.

Peru

I don't see how Christina and Bey are on the same level as artists at all. In terms of output, influence, they're worlds apart.

Bladenic

Avicii is coming to my college town Sept. 20th and I HAVE A FUCKING ORGANIC CHEMISTRY EXAM THAT EXACT EVENING WHY IS LIFE SO CRUEL??? Brb stanning Gaga so I have an excuse to cut myself.

iLjEkvEjfdN3L.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The more I watch it the more I think Grimes has delivered the VIDEO OF THE YEAR tbh

It's definitely between this and Liquorice

Zutroy

Avicii is coming to my college town Sept. 20th and I HAVE A FUCKING ORGANIC CHEMISTRY EXAM THAT EXACT EVENING WHY IS LIFE SO CRUEL??? Brb stanning Gaga so I have an excuse to cut myself.

iLjEkvEjfdN3L.gif

Why do you have an exam that late, or why is Avicii having a show that early?

Majmun

I wanna stan Beyonce so I can be like Second *.*

I'd stan for Rihannan too, If it weren't for you and DMeisterJ. So my input is not needed on that front. *.*

EDIT: who HEW is that gif? TOO FIERCE.

Some chick from Grimes' new Genesis video. She steals the show in the clip lol

untrue, receipts are in the last page
]

Godga will definitely become artist of this decade. There's no other way.

And I don't want to sound like a Xtina hater. She's one of my faves.
But eveyone has ONE SPECIAL FAVE. And Bey is the one for me.
It's so hard to shade your own faves to defend the other one.
Being a stan can be so hard sometimes. But someone has to do it
ibg2QIX8M2tHAq.gif

Bladenic

Why do you have an exam that late, or why is Avicii having a show that early?

Chem exam are Thursdays at 7 PM and last two hours. Not sure exactly what time the concert is though, but the area where the concert would be is on the other side of town and would be minimum half an hour if I'm lucky/quick. Hopefully I can still make it but it's not ideal. What a buzzkill.

Trigger

New Page, New News

Your faves have been put on notice. Don't bother brushing your wigs because they have already been snatched.

Charts have been topped.
Records have been broken.

Don't be fooled by the recent bit of TROUBLE, Savior Swift is still slaying.

You may now return to your on-going floptivities.

tumblr_m8qqforAxQ1rbtr4eo1_400.gif

#2012RedDominationInFullEffect

--------------------------------------------------

AqXqO.gif

Soooooo happy I only had to do one chem class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom