• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutroy

What do you all think some of these pop stars's signiature song will be? Kind of like how Aretha is tied to Respect and Whitney with IWALY.

Beyonce - Single Ladies Crazy in Love
Gaga - Bad Romance
Taylor Swift - I'm going to kidnap you and lock you in a cellar forever You Belong With Me

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
How on earth could it NOT be Crazy In Love.

ibzTk1m5WcugH2.gif

Nemesis_

Calvin Harris ‏@CalvinHarris

My new album is called 18 Months + features Kelis Rihanna Example Nicky Romero Ellie Goulding Tinie Tempah Florence Dizzee Rascal Neyo +Ayah

JFKdksjbvDKJ d!!!!!!

Majmun

Let's set this straight...

Records sold

Beyonce sold 60.000.000 records with Destiny's Child.

And 75.000.000 records as a solo artist.

All of Bey's albums went #1 and she has more #1 singles and bigger hits.
Billboard even awarded her with the Millenium Award

Christina Aguilera sold 50mln records

Only two Christina albums went #1, and she has less #1 singles

Tour Gross

Beyonce's last tour gross: $119,5 million

Xtina's last tour gross: CANCELLED

Grammy Wins

Beyonce's Grammy count: 16 Grammy's
Xtina's Grammy Count: 4 Grammy's

Beyonce trashes Christina when it comes to movie box-office. Bey's overal performances are vastly superior also.
Who is the better singer tho? That's debatable.

Miscellaneous
- Xtina likes to date younger boy-toys and beats her kid. She has trouble with her weight and doesn't use tampons.

- Beyonce is the wife of soon to become billionaire Jay-Z. And her daughter is the youngest person ever to chart on the Billboard charts.

When being totally unbiased, you'll know that Beyonce is the bigger star here.
ib1MIOI9nEpast.gif

Records sold

Only two Christina albums went #1, and she has less #1 singles

Tour Gross

Beyonce's last tour gross: $119,5 million

Xtina's last tour gross: CANCELLED

Grammy Wins

Beyonce's Grammy count: 16 Grammy's
Xtina's Grammy Count: 4 Grammy's

Beyonce trashes Christina when it comes to movie box-office. Bey's overal performances are vastly superior also.
Who is the better singer tho? That's debatable.

Miscellaneous
- Xtina like to date younger boy-toys and beats her kid. She has trouble with her weight and doesn't use tampons.

- Beyonce is the wife of soon to become billionaire Jay-Z. And her daughter is the youngest person ever to chart on the Billboard charts.

When being totally unbiased, you'll know that Beyonce is the bigger star here.
ib1MIOI9nEpast.gif
ipOhTdUw6CRSt.gif

DRAG HA GURL

Nemesis_

I'll give you everything else, but that Blue Ivy thing about her charting is actually the most fucking ridiculous thing I've ever seen and or heard.

How disgusting

That whole baby seems to be some giant marketing / PR ploy.

They seem to be exploting this pregnancy and child to make as much money / garner as much attention as possible.

I've lost respect for both of them and their exploitation.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Certainly goes against your THEORY doesn't it.

It does. I also like the Rih shade of not even mentioning her in the 'iconic song' conversation. Clearly it's "We Found Love", but no one mentions her name. The absolute pressure.

And Crazy In Love is Beyonce's iconic song. It's her coming out party.

And of course Beyonce > Xtina

royalan

Records sold

u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif
FALSE TEA DETECTED
u1j6h.gif
u1j6h.gif

Christina Aguilera has over 100 million records sold as a solo artist.

The correction invalidates half of your post.

Also, while all of Beyonce's albums have enjoyed #1 certification they have all also come with a nice LAWSUIT for PLAGIARISM. Some lawsuits potent enough to get her albums temporarily pulled from shelves. The embarrassment. The lack of integrity. The ruthlessness.

Nice try tho, Second.

Nemesis_

If We Found Love didn't come out then it would definitely be Umbrella.

Mind you I hate how simple and easy We Found Love is as a song, it's literally the most basic of compositions.

So I say Umbrella =)

DMeisterJ

Banned
I think both songs are iconic, it just depends on what your personal preference is. If you like your Rih with a little more R&B, you'd prefer Umbrella, if you like her with a little more Dance, you'd prefer We Found Love.

I go between them from time to time, but to me right now it's WFL.

It does. I also like the Rih shade of not even mentioning her in the 'iconic song' conversation. Clearly it's "We Found Love", but no one mentions her name.

We Found Love has amazing staying power. Even after hearing it for the millionth time, I still love it when I hear it.

Funny considering I actually poopoo'd the song a bit first because it's repetitive and goes nowhere (which I still find btw). I went back to the Talk that Talk review thread, where I said "I'm tired of the song now". Evidently, it stuck around...

Q9a4L.gif
We found love in a hopeless place
Q9a4L.gif

royalan

We Found Love has amazing staying power. Even after hearing it for the millionth time, I still love it when I hear it.

Funny considering I actually poopoo'd the song a bit first because it's repetitive and goes nowhere (which I still find btw). I went back to the Talk that Talk review thread, where I said "I'm tired of the song now". Clearly, it grew on me again.

Q9a4L.gif
We found love in a hopeless place
Q9a4L.gif

Strangely, "Watch n Learn" is still the song I stan from that album.

Trigger

I prefer Where Have You Been from the TTT era. I listened to it while cleaning earlier and it was just amazing. Everything about it slays me. *.*

Majmun

Also, while all of Beyonce's albums have enjoyed #1 certification they have all also come with a nice LAWSUIT for PLAGIARISM. Some lawsuits potent enough to get her albums temporarily pulled from shelves. The embarrassment. The lack of integrity. The ruthlessness.

Nice try tho, Second.

Glass house DETECTED

And Beyonce isn't a criminal, unlike Xtina

Beyonce also performed for the president while Xtina couldn't even remember the lyrics of her countries national anthem.

Now THAT's lack of integrity.
iWHXkfBMH4f3a.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I like Shakira but Wut why

she is a power house
She is also a UNICEF ambassador and founder of the Barefoot Foundation, which she established in 1996 to improve and provide early education systems around the world. Education, she says, provides an escape to poverty and violence, and 72 million children are unable to attend primary school. In the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti Shakira donated $400,000 to aid in providing meals, water and sanitation to the country's schools during reconstruction. To promote her cause, she has met with world leaders like U.S. President Barack Obama and Israel President Shimon Peres and recruited power players like Howard Buffett, son of the famed investor, to Barefoot's board, which lobbies governments to provide more funds to education and school construction. A globally influential artist, Shakira will perform in Azerbaijan during the FIFA Women's World Cup in 2012 and is reportedly nearing a $60 million negotiated deal between former record label Sony and concert producer Live Nation for her next three albums and tours.

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

Kyon

Banned
Truly ppl can't deny Beysus ChrisT the only son of GOD. King B had a "flop" era and commercial flop album and no world tour and still manages show up on Forbes. Truly the King

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

Trigger

thread needs more Ellie love tbh. pre-ordered Halcyon special edition today <3.

She's fantastic and I love her covers of other modern artists' songs. Great interpretive abilities.

Oprah Winfrey, Lady Gaga Top List Of Celebrity Power Women - no TRASH to be seen

1. Oprah
2. Lady Gaga
3. Beyonce
4. Jennifer Lopez
5. Shakira
6. Ellen DeGeneres
7. Angelina Jolie
8. Sofia Vergara
9. JK Rowling
10. Gisele Bundchen

would Forbes lie?

I'm happy to see such a diverse list.

#Latina2012WorldDomination tbh

ibbAWXKAWXgbX5.gif

royalan

1) Nice, one example.
2) Christina isn't even named in the suit.
3) Didn't get her album pulled from shelves.

And Beyonce isn't a criminal, unlike Xtina

Pfft - Christina wasn't even charged. Her Boyfriend was driving under the influence, but the cops couldn't let Christina drive home since she was also intoxicated, so they took her to the station until she sobered up. Hardly criminal behavior.

I think a singular case of flubbing a song you've been singing in stadiums since childhood does not count as a lack of integrity against someone who blatantly and flagrantly steals from other artists. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom