• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Oh well we will just have to stan without ha for now

5XUsQ.gif

Ok, I guess i'll fuck your body.

5XUsQ.gif

Majmun

I feel bad for The Messiah. Her comeback single was a disaster.

Leona Lewis has a pretty good track coming up. Xtina's is on a whole different level tho

Aguila

#ICONIC
smiley-dance008.gif

I do like Your Body (it's not that life changing tho; I'll be waiting for dat remix), but more importantly (for me) I've gained a bit of newfound appreciation for Xtina in none other than her flop album, Bionic.

I've never bothered listening to it until yesterday in the DJ room. Then, today, I decided to listen to all of it. The MAJORITY of the songs are pretty MEH but I've found some real gems which were:

Birds of Prey
Monday Morning
Bobblehead
I Am
You Lost Me

smiley-dance008.gif

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So do people in hear listen to Emeli Sande. I just saw an ad for her on Spotify. Checked out her album. Sounds really good.

Nemesis_

Now's not the time for Aleecha Keys, tbh.

You're right.

After teasing fans with the promise of a big announcement, boy band One Direction sure delivered.

The British group announced via a video posted on Twitter Thursday that they will release their new single, “Live While We’re Young,” in October, a month before their as-yet-untitled sophomore album is set to drop.

In the video message, One Direction member Louis Tomlinson thanked the fans who helped them skyrocket to international fame.

“We want to say a massive ‘thank you’ to you guys, ‘cause we wouldn’t be where we are today without you, so thank you,” he said.

The new single is “an immediate, energy-packed song mixing rock undertones with smooth harmonies, about living for the moment,” according to MTV.

The song was written by Swedish songwriters Rami Yacoub, Carl Falk and Savan Kotecha, who also wrote the band’s first two hits, “One Thing” and “What Makes You Beautiful.”

The five-member band, which consists of Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne and Harry Styles stole the hearts of teenage girls everywhere when they released their hit “What Makes You Beautiful” back in February.

The music video for that uptemo pop song has more than 215 million views alone, and the group’s debut album, “Up All Night,” has sold 12 million copies worldwide.

One Direction sent fans wild earlier today when they announced details of their new single 'Live While We're Young' and forthcoming new album.

The band confirmed that the follow-up to their debut Up All Night will be released in November and is set to feature collaborations with the likes of Ed Sheeran, McFly's Tom Fletcher and Katy Perry song writer Dr Luke.

The new album also sees them reuniting with Rami Yacoub & Carl Falk and Savan Kotecha – the team behind their debut single and 'One Thing'.

"Who's ready for the big announcement? Today at 1pm UK time Directioners!! Bring. It .On! 1DHQ x," One Direction tweeted today, confirming the news will be unveiled at 1pm this afternoon.

The 1D lads posted a video to their fans over Twitter, with the caption: ''Here it is...The #1DBigAnnoucement from the boys!! Watch it now to check out their MASSIVE news!! 1DHQ x''

The single, 'Live While We're Young', will be available to pre-order from iTunes tonight (August 23) and can be purchased on September 30.

In the video, which can be watched below, the band thank their fans for their continued support over the past year.

The single will be the first track from their forthcoming new album, which will be released in November.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftQ8Dg1B_7E

Satch

Banned
So do people in hear listen to Emeli Sande. I just saw an ad for her on Spotify. Checked out her album. Sounds really good.

I initially didn't like her, but I decided to give her another chance since Koodo always plays "Wonder" in the pop-gaf plug room. She's really grown on me.

Her stuff is really... uplifting??? even when it seems it's intended to be a little melancholy. I think it's the soft texture of her voice that does it.

I initially didn't like her, but I decided to give her another chance since Koodo always plays "Wonder" in the pop-gaf plug room. She's really grown on me.

Her stuff is really... uplifting??? even when it seems it's intended to be a little melancholy. I think it's the soft texture of her voice that does it.

There is a pop gaf plug room?

botty

Banned

Yeah, I love Emeli Sande. I bought her album after, like Satch said, Koodo spammed her music in the plug room.

My faves
Heaven
My Kind of Love
Mountains
Daddy (feat. Naughty boy) -- [The opening to this song is incredible]
Next To Me -- [which I think is her most popular song]
Wonder -- [feel good song, and also highlight of the album for me]

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I've listened to the single version of Fuck Your Body like, twice. I am with Satch and Cosmic, it's good but not second coming good.

And I've listened to the snippet of the remix about 20 times *.*

That is when the TRUE comeback arrives tbh

I was so excited when I read that Xtincta was taking vocal lessons. Turns out it was all for naught, as she's turned in yet another shouty, crass, utterly un-erotic song about sex as her debut single.

It's catchy, but ultimately carries neither meat nor bones.

Meh/10, but it should do well on radio. It only took one listen for me to remember what the chorus sounds like.

tumblr_lnzudtfPTW1qbxbld.gif

Bladenic

I was so excited when I read that Xtincta was taking vocal lessons. Turns out it was all for naught, as she's turned in yet another shouty, crass, utterly un-erotic song about sex as her debut single.

It's catchy, but ultimately carries neither meat nor bones.

Meh/10, but it should do well on radio. It only took one listen for me to remember what the chorus sounds like.

Lol, right.

Leona should take notes on how to do a comeback single tbh. CHRISTina didn't have any TROUBLE with it.

i6koUzEYv7TwB.gif

Kyon

Banned
^^^ Tee hee

i6koUzEYv7TwB.gif

EDIT: Idk why ya'll are expecting some intricate vocal perfection. Pop aint that SOPHISTICATED like in the days of the great DIVAs anymore.

VocalTina slays your faves tho

i6koUzEYv7TwB.gif

botty

Banned
I was so excited when I read that Xtincta was taking vocal lessons. Turns out it was all for naught, as she's turned in yet another shouty, crass, utterly unerotic song about sex as her debut single.

It's catchy, but ultimately carries neither meat and bones.

This is just a demo of the song. Some people even suspect it is a year old by now. The newest version might have better vocals, although I don't think the message of the song requires the best vocals. I sorry to hear you found this unerotic, as I am ready to fuck someone's body at this point.
7732f81d.png

This is just a demo of the song. Some people even suspect it is a year old by now. The newest version might have better vocals, although I don't think the message of the song requires the best vocals. I sorry to hear you found this unerotic, as I am ready to fuck someone's body at this point.
7732f81d.png
Don't apologize, just finger me.

royalan

Don't even pretend like you were ever excited about Xtina taking vocal lessons. Every time you mention them it seems like you want Xtina to become yet another boring singer singing boring songs (*cough*).

Voice lessons won't change Xtina from being the exciting, electric singer that she is. She's always going to be brassy. She's always going to be loud. And she's always going to be Dirrty. The voice lessons are just to guarantee that she'll be that way for more years to come. *.*

Don't even pretend like you were ever excited about Xtina taking vocal lessons. Every time you mention them it seems like you want Xtina to become yet another boring singer singing boring songs (*cough*).

Voice lessons won't change Xtina from being the exciting, electric singer that she is. She's always going to be brassy. She's always going to be loud. And she's always going to be Dirrty. The voice lessons are just to guarantee that she'll be that way for more years to come. *.*
Pretend? I was never shy about professing my love for R&Bina. I'm just disappointed she seems to be moving in the opposite direction as far as subtlety goes.

It's what I think suits her voice best, just as I think moody mid-tempo ballads best suit Leona, lightning-fast dance floor infernos best suit Whitney, and everything under the sun best suits Mariah.

Don't get so pressed over an opinion, gerl. I didn't come for those who didn't like "Trouble" because I already knew it wasn't going to be a bland crowdpleaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom