• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Yeah I heard MIA's career died too.

kLVxJ.gif

Artemisia

Banned
anything could happen
anything could happen
anything could happen
anything could happen
anything could happen
anything could happen
anything could happen
anything could happen

i know it's gonna be
i know it's gonna be
i know it's gonna be
i know it's gonna be
i know it's gonna be
i know it's gonna be
i know it's gonna be hoooowhoa

-awesome synth break-

tumblr_lv4q7xG6aJ1qkv33ao1_250.gif

Halcyon will slay careers

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/08/styled-rock-rihanna-fashion-show-faces-ratings-slump/
She may be able to rake in the numbers when it comes to moving singles, but it seems Rihanna is struggling to succeed outside of music yet again.

For, after her debut movie ‘Battleship’ broke the record for being the lowest grossing movie with a budget of $200 million or more, her first television series ‘Styled To Rock’ has met a PR crisis this week- following embarrassingly low viewing figures.

iTvlw7AgAyc8o.gif

Despite the plugging the show to her 25 million or so Twitter followers, the singer has struggled to draw in audiences of over 100,000 viewers per week since its launch three weeks ago, despite it’s favorable 9pm airtime slot.

In fact, in what spells disaster for its network Sky Living, the show is currently pulling under the network’s weekly average for a series aired at 9pm- which usually sits at the 150,000 figure.

As it stands, its first week drew in 95,000 while its second week pulled an unfortunate 79,000 viewers- followed by an audience of 110,000 when its third episode aired on Tuesday.
iTvlw7AgAyc8o.gif

Well, as the folk over at ‘Battleship’, Roc Nation and Island Def Jam know all too well, Rihanna’s ‘star power’ has only ever translated into single sales, and single sales only.

For, in what we’d say is becoming an undeniable fact, Ol Riri isn’t as influential as her team would have the world believe, which explains their ‘one LP a year’ strategy with the singer.

This, designed to force feed the masses with material wasted on a woman who despite being one of the world’s most respected Pop stars fails time and time again to impress outside of the Hot 100.
iTvlw7AgAyc8o.gif

Like, as her live performances scream all too clearly, smoke and mirrors can only ever hide so much.

Indeed, while #1 singles and lucrative endorsements may be enough to satisfy ‘the fans’, they’re little consolation to a network who paid top dollar to have her executive produce and star in the show…only to watch it tank and ultimately become ‘an expensive flop’.
iTvlw7AgAyc8o.gif

Kyon

Banned
Mari hun not trying to be rude... but TGJ is run by Bey stans just so you know lol its a blog run by stans with very bias opinions.
They almost never say anything nice about her. They have ALWAYS dragged Rihanna for years.
I can't take anything they say about her seriously.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Mari hun not trying to be rude... but TGJ is run by Bey stans just so you know lol its a blog run by stans with very bias opinions.
They almost never say anything nice about her. They have ALWAYS dragged Rihanna for years.
I can't take anything they say about her seriously.

but where are the lies?

imaGbPxabdtVT.gif

Bladenic

LOL messy :p

EDIT:

The King BeySUS will be on Anderson Cooper's live show. First guest

#Crying
#Flawless
#UrFavesCouldNEVERlookthisSophisticated
#BeystroyerOfUrFavesTiredOutWigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Z7YjlFx7c&feature=player_embedded#!

Lawd when will our faves?

1940736_o.gif

Btw anyone that cares, Owl City's new album is on Spotify. Listening to it currently, not expecting much other than mediocre auto-tuned pop songs. Good Time is still a jam tho.

DMeisterJ

Banned
lol they tried to drag her.

"Rihanna’s ‘star power’ has only ever translated into single sales, and single sales only" - But didn't she have the fastest selling celebrity perfume in the UK ever? Oh. Didn't she make 53 million dollars last year? Yeah. Hasn't every one of her albums (save the first one) gone platinum? Oh, they did? You can't make that kind of cash selling only singles. And then they tried to blame Battleship on her. lol. They tried tho.

And of course Marius would post that. Pressed individuals posting stories from pressed sites.

iTvlw7AgAyc8o.gif

Trigger

lol they tried to drag her.

"Rihanna’s ‘star power’ has only ever translated into single sales, and single sales only" - But didn't she have the fastest selling celebrity perfume in the UK ever? Oh. Didn't she make 53 million dollars last year? Yeah. Hasn't every one of her albums (save the first one) gone platinum? Oh, they did? You can't make that kind of cash selling only singles. And then they tried to blame Battleship on her. lol. They tried tho.

And of course Marius would post that. Pressed individuals posting stories from pressed sites.

Drag ha

ipOhTdUw6CRSt.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I know Nivea fired Rih.. but how is GAF giving you "firing Rihanna" tea? Explain yoself.

ibiz1aKuoUYdgM.gif

ItFyt.gif

See there are things a top of Gaf that show ads

It is obvious Google detected by Rihanus post and decided to target me with something
I might like
lf8Yf.gif

Maybe I should post about Beyonce since I am in need of some good Clorox Bleach
WkeMz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom