• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

^^^^
That would be amazing.

Good grief why.

EDIT: Listened to Diamonds. Boring, repetitious, lacks adventure and boldness, too safe and forgettable. Where's the creative melody? Nowhere. So, really, quite perfect for Rih fans.

cMuBW.gif

She sounds weird.

It's as if she's purposefully saying "shine bright like a diamond" awkwardly.

The song is by no means bad, but it's not slaying either. I give it 6 meatdresses out of 10.

Styles

You said you never met one girl who
Had as many James Taylor records as you
But I do
We tell stories and you don't know why
I'm coming off a little shy
But I do

ec20fb7f.gif

Hopefully Rihanna will overtake Taylor since no one has, yet.
priceless.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
She sounds weird.

It's as if she's purposefully saying "shine bright like a diamond" awkwardly.

The song is by no means bad, but it's not slaying either. I give it 6 meatdresses out of 10.

Resorting to a forced accent for a new 'sound'. The last bastion of a failing pop star.

RIP RIH RIH

From that review:

I like Trouble, but...
The guy's an old fart. He didn't really like "Glassheart" if his tweets are any indication, yet the rest of the world is clamoring for it as a no-brainer smash single. Plus, he didn't even mention "When It Hurts" which is supposed to be a stunner as well.

But he does raise some good points about Leona as an artist. Sometimes I feel she was born ten years too late.

Die Young >>>>>>>>>>>>> Diamonds

Rih's voice is sounding kinda manish. I guess all those yearly albums are finally taking a toll on that voice. Poor dat. I can't wait to hear what her next promo single sounds like tbh. Ciao.

JCX

I actually prefer Umbrella/Unfaithful Rihanna, before she became a producer avatar
and the illuminati got to her!!!

Trigger

lol, the Navy going in on that Gaffer in the Diamonds thread.

I actually prefer Umbrella/Unfaithful Rihanna, before she became a producer avatar
and the illuminati got to her!!!

The Illuminati made her tbh.

In all seriousness, Rih's team is pretty damn good.

Mau ®

As for my opinions on Diamonds...

No one can come for her saying how she sticks to "one formula". She's released a pretty different single to anything thats out there and she even does her best Sia-imitation kii.

I like it. But its not the slayage I thought it would be.

But at least its not VILE like RUssian Roultette. My God.

Mumei

You guys, just something I noticed in another thread:

I don't care if you guys want to do the "ban ha" jokes in here with me for posts that obviously aren't a problem, but do not do that outside of here. It's basically backseat modding, and that is a bannable offense.

Artemisia

Banned
You guys, just something I noticed in another thread:

I don't care if you guys want to do the "ban ha" jokes in here with me for posts that obviously aren't a problem, but do not do that outside of here. It's basically backseat modding, and that is a bannable offense.

Oh, I'm sorry.

It won't happen again =)

What is this mess. This wouldn't even be in contention for 8th single if it were off Loud or that other album she recently released which I've already forgotten the name of.

Mau ®

New Page, New News

Rihanna has released the most surprising single of the year. Give praise to Diamonds.

Praise the risk-taker of our generation. Praise our generation's ultimate hitmaker. Praise THE QUEEN OF POP : RIHANNA.

tumblr_lstmirPH1W1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Damn, Rih is slaying. 30 on iTunes already??

Get that money, bisch

ib1soTovwmaLth.gif

Sia and The Carter Family will have a WONDERFUL thanksgiving this year.

tumblr_lt43drqmvE1qewmu6o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom