• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
OH MY GOD PINK HAS A NEW SONG

*nobody gives a shit*

botty

Banned
Slug Shoot me for singing in my car get Christina can do it? Good day Have a seat...lol I'm really feeling the single guys I have an Yuri feeling that Rhianna is coming to take her momentum away :(

What?
b80efe23.gif

*nobody gives a shit*

St!nk is repulsive.

Trigger

Diamond lyrics already slaying me.

*nobody gives a shit*

I thought Austrailians loved Pink.
bhuHH.gif

Slug Shoot me for singing in my car get Christina can do it? Good day Have a seat...lol I'm really feeling the single guys I have an Yuri feeling that Rhianna is coming to take her momentum away :(

lol, I like how most people ignored this post. Put down the liquor sis.

Styles

Begin Again
#1 United States
#1 Canada
#1 Colombia
#1 Panama
#1 Singapore
#2 Argentina
#2 Brazil
#2 Ecuador
#2 Hong Kong
#2 Malaysia
#2 Philippines
#2 Vietnam
#3 Chile
#3 El Salvador
#3 Guatemala
#3 New Zealand
#3 Thailand
#4 Mexico
#4 Norway
#4 Sri Lanka
#4 Venezuela
#5 Dominican Republic
#5 Hungary
#5 Sweden
#6 Ireland
#8Australia
#11 Spain
#12 Taiwan
#13 Czech Republic
#13 Netherlands
#13 Portugal
#16 United Kingdom
#17 Italy
#26 Romania
#30 Finland
#33 Denmark
#52 Belgium
#76 Luxembourg
#76 Poland
#79 Switzerland
#93 Greece
#182 Honduras

Where is Kesha at with her lead single????

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Just another reason why Azealia will never be as great as Nicki.

ibb49RlNJInWnk.gif
Hey sis how come Nicki Minaj went from slaying Kanye, Jay-Z and Rick Ross in 32 bars on Monster to Pound the Alarm in two years?

Talk about career derailment.

[edit] Does anyone think the Demo of What The Water Gave Me is more exciting than the final album version? It's like they took out some of the more interesting sounds and replaced it all with Rabbit Heart-esque strings. I wonder if the push for that kind of sound came from above.

Artemisia

Banned
http://mrldavis.com/2012/09/25/the-reason-why-rihanna-wont-take-a-break-or-stop-making-music/

That Rihanna reign won’t let up and that is with good cause.

Rihanna has become a socialite that makes music. She is becoming better known for what happens in her personal life than the music she makes and tours she embarks on.

Rihanna caught a break a few years ago that pushed her into the limelight. Lets be honest here Rihanna has no outstanding talent that puts her above any other artist. She has no classic records besides “Umbrella” and even that could be argued.

So why is it that Rihanna is about to release her 7th album when other industry heavy hitters have barely released their 4th? That is because she has too. With no real mark in the music world Rihanna could be replaced in a minute. Rihanna is one break away from someone else swooping in and taking her spot.

Yes Rihanna is on top now, but if she leaves the limelight there is nothing to keep her at the top. Much like Kim Kardashian, Kim can’t sit down because if she does sit down, she’ll fall to the fate of Paris Hilton.

Rihanna has to be SEEN in order to be relevant. Her gangster childish antics will only last as long as she is relevant.

Think about it. What Rihanna performance will go down in history like Britney Spears’ “Oops I did it again” at the VMA’s and or what Rihanna song will be duplicated and imitated years from now like Mariah Carey’s “Hero”? None.

Rihanna has failed to make herself a staple in the music world, but a fixture in pop culture. And we all know pop culture trends change every day, so Rihanna must release music and have an image that changes with the time. They have to keep Rihanna hot. There is nothing hot about taking a break.

Long story short. Rihanna doesn’t make timeless classic music. She makes music for the time, and that’s it. Nothing wrong with it but that is why she can’t take a break, because if she takes a break, she falls behind, and if she falls behind, there goes bye bye Rihanna

And before you say I’m wrong, I’ll give you two examples. Ciara and Ashanti. Ciara capitalized off of the crunk and b movement of the early 2000’s but once that time was over she didn’t evolve with the times. Same with Ashanti got caught up with the hip hip and R&B movement, but then when the trend changed to POP music, Ashanti was trapped by not evolving with the times. This is why Rihanna continues to do well; she evolves with the time because if she doesn’t, its murder she wrote.

goddamn

But where is the lie?

So why is it that Rihanna is about to release her 7th album when other industry heavy hitters have barely released their 4th? That is because she has too. With no real mark in the music world Rihanna could be replaced in a minute. Rihanna is one break away from someone else swooping in and taking her spot.

I thought this was fairly obvious, record company have been striking while the iron is hot.

Would anyone miss Rihanna if she were to retire next year? Only the delusionals.

RubyFaith

It's a smart strategic yet sad reality of her career. I love her...most of the times, but everyone ought to know there's always is and there always will be someone better. She needs to keep herself on top for as long as possible.

Unpopular opinion, I couldn't stand Umbrella and most of Rihanna's music when she started to go toward mainstream pop. Loved her when she first came out with her Caribbean-esque music. However, when she did songs like "shut up and drive" or that whining ass song about not wanting to be a murderer 'cause she was fucking some other guy...yeah, I was not with that mess. However, the music got better after her...you know.

Artemisia

Banned
Some people were saying that Muchi wasn't being entirely honest about what happened?

Azealia is part of a large label (interscope) that has been through releasing her free material on itunes before with credits and all. The 1991 EP included tracks under the same situation as Esta Noche: a fully produced beat that Azealia rapped over.

Apparently, she announced that Esta Noche was coming to iTunes a month ago, and Munchi's name even appeared on the art she showed off a couple of days ago. Clearly a deal had already been struck at that time.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Some people were saying that Muchi wasn't being entirely honest about what happened?

Azealia is part of a large label (interscope) that has been through releasing her free material on itunes before with credits and all. The 1991 EP included tracks under the same situation as Esta Noche: a fully produced beat that Azealia rapped over.

Apparently, she announced that Esta Noche was coming to iTunes a month ago, and Munchi's name even appeared on the art she showed off a couple of days ago. Clearly a deal had already been struck at that time.

Isn't the contention that Azealia's crüe did all that without consulting him though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom