• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The fact that she's saying Diplo had nothing to do with her mixtape when he produced "Fuck Up the Fun" instantly casts doubt on everything she said and makes this a half-assed read.

Azealia should just let it go before she pisses off more people in the process.

Are you sure it isn't the same case as with Munchi's track where she's just rapping over a track that Diplo produced independently? Azealia need never have even met Diplo.

Nemesis_

Are you sure it isn't the same case as with Munchi's track where she's just rapping over a track that Diplo produced independently? Azealia need never have even met Diplo.

I did some quick Googling. I should be studying so I'll drop this here and you can all read it ;_;

The new Azealia Banks track produced by Diplo has struck a chord with a number of Soundcloud users, who thought the beat was stolen from Dutch producer MasterD, as FACT reported early today. But the allegedly stolen beat for "Fuck Up the Fun", which was posted yesterday to Banks' Soundcloud page, was actually a collaboration between Diplo and MasterD that included a sample of MasterD's "Mad Drumz". The track was originally credited to just Diplo, but that was a mistake. It's now been changed to reflect the collaboration.

MasterD works within the underground sphere of bubbling, a genre that Diplo's Mad Decent label highlighted on a 2008 podcast. "'Mad Drumz' was a staple in my set for years," Diplo wrote in an email to Pitchfork. He hopes the sample "gets kids into bubbling." Mad Decent's imprint Jeffrees will soon issue "It's About to Go Down" from MasterD and another bubbling artist, DJ Shaun-D.

"These guys are my homies," Diplo wrote. "If anyone can really help break these underground movements it's a young artist like Azealia Banks. I'm so excited for her whole party right now. She's not afraid of doing anything and a lot of people are following suit."

As for the song itself, Diplo says it's "still bit of a demo," but hopes it can get an official release, "maybe on [Azealia's] album," though nothing has been confirmed. "She just told me she was gonna put it out like an hour before she uploaded it," he wrote, "That's her style though."

http://pitchfork.com/news/45920-diplo-did-not-steal-the-beat-for-azealia-banks-track/

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I did some quick Googling. I should be studying so I'll drop this here and you can all read it ;_;

http://pitchfork.com/news/45920-diplo-did-not-steal-the-beat-for-azealia-banks-track/

Well no surprises here that Diplo is a shifty character. Still no indications that they actually met though. When he produced Nicola Roberts' 'Beat Of My Drum' ('produced'=set it to Pon de Floor) she sent it to him in the US and he sent it back once it was done.

Plus if you actually look at what Munchi said, he claimed that Diplo helped Azealia select the beats for Fantasea. That might well be what Azealia is talking about when she says 'Diplo had NOTHING to do with my mixtape.'

Please tho gerls don't let my suppositions that Azealia might not be lying through her teeth get in the way of hating on her as per.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rih got 22 Million AI yesterday for her first day of radio which is HIGHER than where Ke$ha and 1D are at currently. And she's making good ground on Psy and Ke$ha on iTunes as we speak. Haters should never, ever doubt Rih and how well her singles do.

Styles

jc8LXxXg1dxrv.PNG

24 hours since Diamond's debut and 46 hours since Die Young's. Both had radio deals and they still have not managed to top Taylor OR PSY.
6fa8bf9c.gif

Galang

Banned
New Azealia Banks Video

Luxury

Well no surprises here that Diplo is a shifty character. Still no indications that they actually met though. When he produced Nicola Roberts' 'Beat Of My Drum' ('produced'=set it to Pon de Floor) she sent it to him in the US and he sent it back once it was done.

Plus if you actually look at what Munchi said, he claimed that Diplo helped Azealia select the beats for Fantasea. That might well be what Azealia is talking about when she says 'Diplo had NOTHING to do with my mixtape.'

Please tho gerls don't let my suppositions that Azealia might not be lying through her teeth get in the way of hating on her as per.

Yeah. Azealia and Diplo have met on multiple occasions. Her first big debut was on a Major Lazer track and he's talked a few times about studio time with her back then a lot. I would take Munchi's word over Azealia/Diplo's everytime just based on their track record to be honest, though I'm 100% sure as well Diplo had nothing to do with the selection of her beats. The one thing Azealia can boast about is her taste in producers really. :S It's funny since Munchi is signed to Diplo's label as well... The statement Munchi gave here seems legit. He wanted to be involved in the creative process for a track he remixed and they denied it from him. Furthermore they waited until their remaster was done and contacted him a day before with $25,000 telling him to clear the track. Pretty disrespectful. I wouldn't want my name featured on a track where my creative input wasn't respected or involved for something I went as far as to remix/make. Glad he's stayed strong, hopefully he works with M.I.A. again instead. I doubt Azealia would ever have the class to issue a proper statement about what happened like Munchi.

Styles

Rihanna or Kesha will take the top spot come the weekends. Both songs are alright, as long as they prevent PSY from topping the charts, I am happy.

Nemesis_

Not sure how people will feel about this or anything.

Gaga was musical director for this year's MUGLER fashion show. Much like she debutted a remix of Government Hooker a few years ago, many believe she's previewed a remix which includes a remix of Ratchet (her collaboration with Azealia) and of course, Cake.

Esta Noche is also included at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvLrmvPE0tQ

The intro instrumental is definitely.....different.

Trigger

I'm happy Taylord is slaying as per.

New Azealia Banks Video

Luxury

I love the 90s feel of this video. lol, now if she would just stop beefing with folks and focus on honing her sound.

EDIT

Gaga was musical director for this year's MUGLER fashion show. Much like she debutted a remix of Government Hooker a few years ago, many believe she's previewed a remix which includes a remix of Ratchet (her collaboration with Azealia) and of course, Cake.

I-I don't know how to feel about this.

mBbQg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
New Azealia Banks Video

Luxury
Not one of her best, I think.

Yeah. Azealia and Diplo have met on multiple occasions. Her first big debut was on a Major Lazer track and he's talked a few times about studio time with her back then a lot. I would take Munchi's word over Azealia/Diplo's everytime just based on their track record to be honest, though I'm 100% sure as well Diplo had nothing to do with the selection of her beats. The one thing Azealia can boast about is her taste in producers really. :S The statement Munchi gave here seems legit. He wanted to be involved in the creative process for a track he remixed and they denied it from him. Furthermore they waited until their remaster was done and contacted him a day before with $25,000 telling him to clear the track. Pretty disrespectful. I wouldn't want my name featured on a track where my creative input wasn't respected or involved for something I went as far as to remix/make. Glad he's stayed strong, hopefully he works with M.I.A. again instead. I doubt Azealia would ever have the class to issue a proper statement about what happened like Munchi.
Seems fair enough. Azealia was let go from XL, afterall, who have a reputation for being able to handle difficult artists.

Galang

Banned
Not one of her best, I think.

Seems fair enough. Azealia was let go from XL, afterall, who have a reputation for being able to handle difficult artists.

LOLLLL ohh I didn't know that about XL's reputation... that's kinda scary >_<

Ohhh intriguing at least... I still want to hear this new version. She might as well release the it for free at this point if she plans to still release the video anyway.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
LOLLLL ohh I didn't know that about XL's reputation... that's kinda scary >_<

I think it says a lot about how good Azealia's music is if ppl are still working with her even though she might well be a nightmare to deal with, tbh.

Hopefully she doesn't piss off too many people tho...

DMeisterJ

Banned
#3 on iTunes

Bye Ke$ha
f58a8b71.gif

Taking down PSY next
2ed0be19.gif

#DIAMONDS

Releasing in the UK on Monday. Rih about to slay the UK with #DIAMONDS #pooranyoneelse

royalan

I'm not hating! You know I think Azealia Banks is hella fresh. I love her style (barring that last video, though. Wack).

But she, of all people, should know there's a price to pay for popping off at the mouth too much. The road to success in this industry is paved with the bones of MCs who didn't know how to keep it cute and got the #clapback.

RIP Chingy
RIP Shawna
RIP Magnolia Shorty (errr, also literally, in this case)
RIP Mase
RIP Lil Zane (yep, taking it that far back)
RIP Charli Baltimore
RIP Rah Digga
RIP Remy Ma (STILL mad about this. I Stanned her HARD.)
RIP Foxy Brown

The list goes on. All MCs who could have popped off, would have popped off, and should have popped off, but didn't because of their own stupidity and/or prematurely inflated egos (well, Foxy Brown kinda made it, but she could have gone a lot farther if she wasn't such a fucking idiot). And we're not just talking about junior MCs with nothing to show but a mixtape and some arts college music videos; we're talking rappers on the come-up with ACTUAL charting songs and features, who STILL found themselves #Dismissed from the game because they got a little too big for their britches.

My concern with Azealia is that she's gone from beefing with other juniors (Iggy Azalea), to beefing with vets and production people who actually COULD block her come-up, and just being all-around sloppy.

And it's always over some stupid shit. Regardless of what the specific facts are in her beef with Munchi, the one fact remains that she should have come correct about Esta Noche and didn't. And Munchi is a DJ and producer with DJ and producer friends. Miss Banks is gonna fuck around and one day find that nobody wants to work with her.

I like Azealia and I think she could go far. But I'm afraid that if she keeps showing her ass it's eventually going to get the boot.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm not hating! You know I think Azealia Banks is hella fresh. I love her style (barring that last video, though. Wack).

But she, of all people, should know there's a price to pay for popping off at the mouth too much. The road to success in this industry is paved with the bones of MCs who didn't know how to keep it cute and got the #clapback.

RIP Chingy
RIP Shawna
RIP Magnolia Shorty (errr, also literally, in this case)
RIP Mase
RIP Lil Zane (yep, taking it that far back)
RIP Charli Baltimore
RIP Rah Digga
RIP Remy Ma (STILL mad about this. I Stanned her HARD.)
RIP Foxy Brown

The list goes on. All MCs who could have popped off, would have popped off, and should have popped off, but didn't because of their own stupidity and/or prematurely inflated egos (well, Foxy Brown kinda made it, but she could have gone a lot farther if she wasn't such a fucking idiot). And we're not just talking about junior MCs with nothing to show but a mixtape and some arts college music videos; we're talking rappers on the come-up with ACTUAL charting songs and features, who STILL found themselves #Dismissed from the game because they got a little too big for their britches.

My concern with Azealia is that she's gone from beefing with other juniors (Iggy Azalea), to beefing with vets and production people who actually COULD block her come-up, and just being all-around sloppy.

And it's always over some stupid shit. Regardless of what the specific facts are in her beef with Munchi, the one fact remains that she should have come correct about Esta Noche and didn't. And Munchi is a DJ and producer with DJ and producer friends. Miss Banks is gonna fuck around and one day find that nobody wants to work with her.

I like Azealia and I think she could go far. But I'm afraid that if she keeps showing her ass it's eventually going to get the boot.
I agree that she needs to stop beefing with people and tighten up her act tbh.

I think we can all agree It would be a shame if the most exciting new artist on the scene got no work because she's too difficult to work with.

Everyone except the barbz, that is.

Mau ®

RIHANNA - Diamonds: 22.512

But I thought people were TIRED of THE GOAT and her yearly DROPPINGS!!

I was hoping it wouldnt get a high update... dat rolling effect is gonna be a bitch... #YouDaOne

So, about Diamonds...

My conclusion is that it's Rihanna's worst 1st single coming from a new album. It took me a few listens, but yeah. That's it.

The beginning of the track is great. But it gets pretty boring aftewards.

/unbiased tea.

Russian Roulette remains her worst lead ever and you will deal.

DMeisterJ

Banned
RIHANNA - Diamonds: 22.512

But I thought people were TIRED of THE GOAT and her yearly DROPPINGS!!

I was hoping it wouldnt get a high update... dat rolling effect is gonna be a bitch... #YouDaOne

At least it doesn't have to follow up the ARTPOP hit of 2011 like YDO had to. #DIAMONDS should be fine.

Yes, that rolling update will slay the numbers #poordat

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The winter is going to be a good time for fans of girl bands. OG Sugababes, Little Mix and Gods Aloud all on the scene.

Ofc it's a given that GA will have the best material, but I wouldn't be surprised if the chart battles favour LM.

Mau ®

At least it doesn't have to follow up the ARTPOP hit of 2011 like YDO had to. #DIAMONDS should be fine.

Its true. The ARTPOP Hit of 2011 "We Found Love" definitely cannibalized You Da One's chances. Not that I mind... that song was vile.

Also lets not forget What's My Name and Only Girl (in pop) co-existed and slayed at the same time, she could this time release an URBAN smash after Diamonds. What kind of REIGN?!

Mau ®

Diamonds has surpassed Ke$ha's DY. She might come for PSY's wig but Slaylor will remain untouchable as per.

Also... I saw that edit, Nem. *.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom