• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Well the video has been doing its job. The song has jumped 10 spots in the last 24 hrs. If she performs on Monday it could jump to the TOP 10 imo.

royalan

Haaaa

Xtina clearly isn't that comfortable with her curves if they have to Photoshop them out. I was wondering why for the pics of her on the set, she didn't look as good as she did during the video.

Nice to know I'm not going crazy.

I highly, highly doubt Xtina had that level of input in the post-production process. Most artists rarely do.

The likely scenario is Melina thought she was doing Xtina a favor by "cleaning up" her figure in post-production editing. But Melina and her team really shouldn't have been so sloppy about it, as It could very well have the opposite effect if the media decides to pick this up and blow it out of proportion, similar to how they did with the "Not Myself Tonight"/"Bad Romance" video comparisons. :(

My guess is Legendtina has a 6-inch, spiked platform Christian Louboutin pressed to Melina's throat as we speak.

And the way she moves in that gif, like stop trying so hard.

You mean switching her hips? That thing that a lot of women do? Particularly exaggerated women like the character Xtina plays in the video?

Mau ®

My guess is Legendtina has a 6-inch, spiked platform Christian Louboutin pressed to Melina's throat as we speak.

For what? Delivering her best video since Aint No Other Man? lol

Its really not a big deal imo. Its mostly for the kii's

Also speaking of Xtina and her "curves". Here's an awesome quote from her on Billboard mag

"During the promotion of my album Stripped, I got tired of being a skinny, white girl. I am Ecuadorian but people felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl. So the next time my label saw me… I was heavier, darker and full of piericings! [laughter] Let me tell you, that wasn’t an easy pill for them to swallow. I had gained about 15 pounds during promotion and during my Stripped tour with Justin. They called this serious emergency meeting about how their was a lot of backlash about my weight… basically they told me I would effect a lot of people if I gained weight. The production, musical directors… people I toured with would ALSO miss out if I gained weight because I would sell no records or tickets for my shows. I was young, so I lost the weight quickly and was toothpick thin during Back to Basics promos and touring. So I told them during this Lotus recording… ‘you are working with a fat girl… know it now and get over it’ They need a reminder sometimes that I don’t BELONG to them… it’s my body. My body can’t put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore- My body is just not on the table that way anymore. I am 31 my boobs are Max’s and my pussy is mine… Sorry."

The last line is awk tho lol

royalan

For what? Delivering her best video since Aint No Other Man? lol

Its really not a big deal imo. Its mostly for the kii's

Also speaking of Xtina and her "curves". Here's an awesome quote from her on Billboard mag

"During the promotion of my album Stripped, I got tired of being a skinny, white girl. I am Ecuadorian but people felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl. So the next time my label saw me… I was heavier, darker and full of piericings! [laughter] Let me tell you, that wasn’t an easy pill for them to swallow. I had gained about 15 pounds during promotion and during my Stripped tour with Justin. They called this serious emergency meeting about how their was a lot of backlash about my weight… basically they told me I would effect a lot of people if I gained weight. The production, musical directors… people I toured with would ALSO miss out if I gained weight because I would sell no records or tickets for my shows. I was young, so I lost the weight quickly and was toothpick thin during Back to Basics promos and touring. So I told them during this Lotus recording… ‘you are working with a fat girl… know it now and get over it’ They need a reminder sometimes that I don’t BELONG to them… it’s my body. My body can’t put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore- My body is just not on the table that way anymore. I am 31 my boobs are Max’s and my pussy is mine… Sorry."

The last line is awk tho lol

And this is why I stan. #RoleModeltina ;___;

Bladenic

Die Young is now #2 on iTunes top 10, Taylor is #3, and Diamonds is #6. Feels good to have the best song of the three being highest up currently.

Trigger

Slow day also means it's the perfect time for everyone to stop sleeping on this goddamn Miguel album and realize what a talented, creative force of nature the guy is.

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/24/161566783/first-listen-miguel-kaleidoscope-dream

Maybe he needs to come out as a transsexual or start cam-whoring in order to get people to notice. It's all about upping the ante.

I C this Frank shade.

zZ3gG.gif

I did like what I heard tho. Use Me is fantastic.

Mau ®

I know we're all focusing on Xtina, K$ and Rih but something has caught my attention

14. NICKI MINAJ – Pound The Alarm: 81.827 (- 0.496)

And its #29 on itunes (not really increasing or decreasing, just standing still).

PTA is a pure pop single and her last pop single was Starships which was TOP 3 on radio and peaked at #5 on the Hot 100. Meanwhile PTA is already peaking at #15 on the Hot 100 and probably won't see the top 10 on radio.

Could this mean even the POP format is getting tired of her? Urban has abandoned her. If pop abandons her its much pretty over for Garbaj.

Food for thought.

I know we're all focusing on Xtina, K$ and Rih but something has caught my attention

And its #29 on itunes (not really increasing or decreasing, just standing still).

PTA is a pure pop single and her last pop single was Starships which was TOP 3 on radio and peaked at #5 on the Hot 100. Meanwhile PTA is already peaking at #15 on the Hot 100 and probably won't see the top 10 on radio.

Could this mean even the POP format is getting tired of her? Urban has abandoned her. If pop abandons her its much pretty over for Garbaj.

Food for thought.
The most delicious kind.

Her pop songs on Roman Reloaded are so damn samey. Maybe she'll be accepted again if she puts out a song that doesn't have yet another club-ready noisy breakdown chorus.

Trigger

Food for thought.

No surprises here. She may get a boost for her next single from being on Idol though.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Food for thought.

I don't know why she is doing pop tbh. She is much better at hip hop.

Kronotech

So I posted this in Gaf-Hop but got a recommendation to post it here instead. I was in a short film for a producer who doubles as a drummer for a metal band and triples as a female rapper. She's actually incredibly talented but wanted to get Gaf-Pops impressions. Yay?

She's just starting out so I wanted to spread the word.

Miny - Double This
http://vimeo.com/50404001#

xaosslug

for anyone interested...

convenience store/glitter confetti blood guy = David John Craig:

h3HXo.jpg

i liked him better w/ the longer hair, tbh.

ibuIb4mD1kT4IH.gif

Die Young is now #2 on iTunes top 10, Taylor is #3, and Diamonds is #6. Feels good to have the best song of the three being highest up currently.
So happy that my fave is doing so great. Gangnam Style needs to like seriously go away, though. That pathetic one hit wonder needs to back off and let Queen Ke$hallah embrace the #1 spot. LOL @ Diamonds.

Bladenic

So happy that my fave is doing so great. Gangnam Style needs to like seriously go away, though. That pathetic one hit wonder needs to back off and let Queen Ke$hallah embrace the #1 spot. LOL @ Diamonds.

Update: Kesha still #2, Taylor #5, and Diamonds is #7. She's toppled Taylor, Psy is next. Rihanna tried.

royalan

Yes, well, Kesha, Taylor, and Rihanna don't need a video to require climbing, they just debut and stay at the top. Good luck to Christina though.

Christina's been gone from music a lot longer than them and isn't one if the new stars of the moment. As big a Stan as I am not even I was expecting that kind if explosion onto the charts.

I do, however, expect it to slowly make its way up to the top.

roy, why are you using that avatar?

Iconica Simpsonsus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom