• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Tracklist for RED has leaked..

"I Knew You Were Trouble" will be the next countdown single. Apparently, it will be the brostep/countstep/popstep/dubstep whatever-you-call-it song.

Despite this song probably going to be bad that is a very reassuring tracklist - she wrote all the non-singles herself.

Trigger

I'm nervous about the quality of a Taylor Swift dubstep song, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt because she's never been a bad song writer.

xaosslug

FYI: she is wearing underwear. You can see the outline in the pic someone gave over to the negative in pshop.

fPpD2.png

Aguila

#ICONIC
tumblr_mbfr41zZsA1qzwh14o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mbfxmmBNfx1qed62oo1_500.jpg

In other news: I'm watching some news show and they are dragging Rihanna. They think she is codependent and 89% of their viewers believe that she is a bad example for other domestic violence victims. And the footage that they show of Bruises.....MESS MESS MESS
5b373a2e.gif

Oozer3993

Tracklist for RED has leaked..

"I Knew You Were Trouble" will be the next countdown single. Apparently, it will be the brostep/countstep/popstep/dubstep whatever-you-call-it song.

Holy Ground will be the greatest song in the history of our species. This is not a prediction, it is a fact. Jeff Bhasker + T-Swizzle > *

P.S. I will give all the monies for Starlight to be a cover of the original version of Thriller.

Artemisia

Banned
Everyone was stanning for Only You in the plug.dj room, even Koodo

oprahmoved.gif

ONLY YOU CAN SEE THE EMPTINESS I FEEL WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME

WHEN EVERYTHING YOU SAY I'M ON MY KNEES

azealiabanks-212atradyda8u.gif

BABY I'M ON MY KNEES

BABY I'M ON MY KNEES

BABY I'M ON MY KNEES

azealiabanks-212atradyda8u.gif

#OnlyYouUSDomination2014

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rih had the highest update today with over 3 million AI added today, aside from ADELE who added 22 million AI today due to her raido deal.

Looks like the song of the fall will be between Rih/Ke$ha/Adele/Slaylor.

Dat rolling (conniving) effect will slay ADELE next week tho

3phemeral

I am HERE for Gaga-tronica. Sounds like a pumping Mega Man boss theme.

I like that instrumental, at least... Vocal production could use more thought. I do like the beginning of the second half, it gives me Flashdance teas for some reason. Lyrically, it's ridiculous when it's sung like that. I'm thinking it probably would be more sellable if she just spoke it out. Singing it out just sounds cheestastic:

"buuut when iiii can't find my stache, I give up
I need to deal with myself and get messed up"

Come harder, Gaga.

That Zedd track will probably have to do until Gaga's single comes out. Honestly not quite sure how I'm feeling about the ARTPOP era so far considering she's sort of been all over the place recently in her styles/statements/politics that's pretty scatter-brained even for her. With Born This Way at least she stuck to certain styles for a while leading up to the release but at the moment I've no idea what she's planning. Cannabis princesses and rapping and fur coats? Not following, and not really into any of those motifs.

Christina's really tryin' it with that terrible cover and the fact that her team is sitting silent on "Your Body" promotion. No idea what's going on in Xtina HQ but considering the album comes out in literally a month and there's practically zero promotion happening right now I'm not sure what they're expecting.

Both my Number Two and Number Three faves have been messy this quarter. Now where is my NUMBER ONE to make it all right again?

tumblr_marq7sFZth1qma32qo1_500.gif

Zedd makes music in the genre that I like, but I don't find any of his songs particularly good.

So that possible artpop leaves me unimpressed.

Mau ®

TOP 20
1. PINK – Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 155.060 (+ 0.668)
2. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 147.107 (+ 2.383)
3. JUSTIN BIEBER – As Long As You Love Me: 126.738 (+ 0.096)
4. TAYLOR SWIFT – We Are Never Ever Getting…: 123.240 (- 1.233)
5. FUN. – Some Nights: 116.966 (+ 1.449)
6. NEON TREES – Everybody Talks: 106.764 (- 1.481)
7. ELLIE GOULDING – Lights: 104.888 (- 1.558)
8. OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN – Good Time: 101.953 (+ 0.408)
9. KATY PERRY – Wide Awake: 98.873 (- 1.153)
10. ALEX CLARE – Too Close: 96.524 (+ 1.887) ▲
11. FLO RIDA – Whistle: 93.262 (- 2.457) ▼
12. CHRIS BROWN – Don’t Wake Me Up: 86.945 (+ 0.815)
13. GOTYE – Somebody That I Used To Know: 82.142 (- 0.582)
14. NICKI MINAJ – Pound The Alarm: 73.909 (- 1.373)
15. NE-YO – Let Me Love You: 72.563 (+ 1.957) ▲
16. DEMI LOVATO – Give Your Heart A Break: 71.186 (- 1.347) ▼
17. MIGUEL – Adorn: 70.395 (+ 0.489)
18. MAROON 5 – Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 66.057 (- 1.353)
19. CARLY RAE JEPSEN – Call Me Maybe: 62.858 (- 1.382) ▲
20. DAVID GUETTA – Titanium f/Sia: 62.742 (- 1.683) ▼

OUTRAS
JASON ALDEAN – Take A Little Ride: 62.435 (- 0.376)
RIHANNA – Where Have You Been: 61.483 (- 0.545)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Blown Away: 59.908 (+ 0.805)
DUSTIN LYNCH – Cowboys And Angels: 59.354 (+ 0.428)
JANA KRAMER – Why Ya Wanna: 57.278 (+ 0.038)
PSY – Gangnam Style: 52.981 (+ 1.375)
TRAIN – 50 Ways To Say Goodbye: 50.148 (+ 0.456)
DAVID GUETTA - I Can Only Imagine f/C. Brown: 45.151 (- 0.238)
KE$HA – Die Young: 43.523 (+ 1.894)
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS – Finally Found You f/S. Adams: 42.680 (+ 0.506)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 42.198 (+ 0.868)
RIHANNA – Diamonds: 39.497 (+ 3.306)
KANYE WEST – Clique f/Big Sean & JAY-Z: 37.413 (+ 0.812)
ONE DIRECTION – Live While We’re Young: 28.218 (+ 0.745)
ONEREPUBLIC – Feel Again: 27.438 (+ 0.210)
USHER – Numb: 27.136 (+ 0.325)
CHRISTINA AGUILERA – Your Body: 25.946 (+ 0.364)
BEYONCE – Dance For You: 25.932 (+ 0.163)
BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 24.951 (+ 3.233)
ADELE – Skyfall: 23.985 (+ 22.555) BIGGEST UPDATE
ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 18.775 (- 0.086)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 17.253 (+ 0.248)
MUSE – Madness: 13.697 (+ 0.112)

totally off topic but i'd ask you guys since you know best. What goes good with dark grey jeans?

MALE FASHION GOES --------->HERE

Majmun

Receipts tbh.

Don't know if I have any. Have to look for it.
But I also added light blue to the mix. Grey jeans are pretty hard when it comes to matching colors IMO. I usually just stick to those three color tones. White and black tones go with everything anyway. Light blue can also look amazing, from what I've weared...

Majmun

Yeah, I saw Blue Ivy's pics lately. No comment.

ibcSOjChLmylHE.gif

Time for a POP-QUIZ

Which is which??

CHRISTINA AGUILERA – Your Body: 25.946 (+ 0.364) Currently #64 on the Hot Top 100
BEYONCE – Dance For You: 25.932 (+ 0.163) Currently #78 on the Hot Top 100

-One is the 6th single from a flop album that was released 1.5 years ago. The video was released last year

-One is the lead single from an album that will be released next month. The video was released last week

Which is which?

royalan

Yeah, I saw Blue Ivy's pics lately. No comment.

ibcSOjChLmylHE.gif

Time for a POP-QUIZ

Which is which??

-One is the 6th single from a flop album that was released 1.5 years ago. The video was released last year

-One is the lead single from an album that will be released next month. The video was released last week

Which is which?

As poorly as Your Body is being supported right now (and that is very much likely to change, seeing as it hasn't even been performed yet), it is at least comforting to know that it's outselling what "Who Flopped the World (Beyonce)" was selling at this point. *.*

Mau ®

As poorly as Your Body is being supported right now (and that is very much likely to change, seeing as it hasn't even been performed yet), it is at least comforting to know that it's outselling what "Who Flopped the World (Beyonce)" was at this point. *.*

OMG its true

#death

ALSO: PSY is gaining ground on Skyfall now. Ch...

Styles

Chris climbed two spots. He's slowly climbing and hasn't peaked

Dead ... Where is Xtina tho on the charts?

I am not surprised that Chris punched his way to the top of the charts...

And I am also not surprised at XXXLtina's descent on the charts... you can't defy gravity, hun.

royalan

Chris climbed two spots. He's slowly climbing and hasn't peaked

Dead ... Where is Xtina tho on the charts?

And I am also not surprised at XXXLtina's descent on the charts... you can't defy gravity, hun.

But the good sis Second already told you guys where she's at on the charts. Several steps up from Beyonce. *.*

Wait, just checked iTunes. What kind of PSY ressurrection? Is he gaining or is it just the front-loaded Ke$ha/Rihanna singles dropping?

Trigger

ibfueZLi1WJUkg.gif

I feel for the Fighters though. This isn't the comeback she needs and they deserve.

royalan

ibfueZLi1WJUkg.gif

I feel for the Fighters though. This isn't the comeback she needs and they deserve.

I still say give it a bit more time. It's only been on the charts 2 weeks. PLENTY of songs have debuted similarly (or worse, hi "Moves Like Jagger") and went on to become hits. And she hasn't even performed it yet. It's position on iTunes has remained relatively stable (barring some Glee songs bursting on charts and making it yo-yo up and down a few slots), and on radio it managed to survive the ONSLAUGHT of singles and still gain in audience impressions, which I hear is a good thing (ITZ?).

To me it seems like there's still a slim chance for the song to do well if she starts promoting it soon. Now, WHY she hasn't gone out on the promo trail for the single yet is anyone's guess. ;________;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom