• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php
:O

Kellegend is flawless. I also admire GaGa, so don't be hating.

Mau ®

RT FOR THE NEW PAGE:

RIHANNA – Diamonds: 44.706 (+ 5.209)

I didn't post the other update numbers for today cause, who cares? Highest update today.

#NAVY #ShineBrightLikeADiamond

Oh, and #DIAMONDS debuted at #1 in the UK. What kind of slayage?

Your faves cant.

tumblr_lkqnngDMv01qdk6zzo1_500.gif

Mau ®

7 #1 singles in 6 consecutive years in the UK. She's only behind Madonna (13 #1's) and on the same level as Kylie (7 #1's).

Umbrella
Take a Bow
Run This Town
Only Girl (in Pop)
What's My Name
We Found Love
Diamonds

QUEEN.

I'm still stanning for Diamonds. What a flawless pop song.

This unexpected Rihanna stanning got me to start re-listening to her other work. Definitely found some new appreciation for S&M and We Found Love, been listening to those a lot too.

Majmun

That's impressive.

It's not her best lead single imo. But as long as it keeps that vile PSY song from the #1 spot, I'm happy.

Artemisia

Banned
7 #1 singles in 6 consecutive years in the UK. She's only behind Madonna (13 #1's) and on the same level as Kylie (7 #1's).

Umbrella
Take a Bow
Run This Town
Only Girl (in Pop)
What's My Name
We Found Love
Diamonds

QUEEN.

A shame isn't on the same level in terms of impact.

Artemisia

Banned
i closed it when she started talking about how much of a risk taker she is and how she goes off the beaten path. i mean talking like that in an interview surrounding a song you did with MAX MARTIN
ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

Kyon

Banned
no she called it a "flop" album lol because ppl called it a sales flop so she was making fun lol not really the same thing
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I wasn't going to write a shade post but 'You and I' started blaring in through my window just as I was about to leave the page soooo

"Marry the Night" Hit
"Born This Way" Miss
"Government Hooker" Hit
"Judas" Miss
"Americano" Miss
"Hair" Miss
"Scheiße" Hit
"Bloody Mary" Hit
"Bad Kids" Miss
"Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)" Miss
"Heavy Metal Lover" Hit
"Electric Chapel" Miss
"Yoü and I" Miss
"The Edge of Glory" Hit

that's 6 out of 14 songs. more than half the album is filled with 'miss' songs. F. L. O. P.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Tomodachi

"Marry the Night" Hit
"Born This Way" Hit
"Government Hooker" Hit
"Judas" Hit
"Americano" Hit
"Hair" Miss
"Scheiße" Hit
"Bloody Mary" Hit
"Bad Kids" Miss
"Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)" Near Miss
"Heavy Metal Lover" Hit
"Electric Chapel" Hit
"Yoü and I" Hit
"The Edge of Glory" Hit
Fixed.

Nemesis_

It's a shame these peasants won't dole out the cash and go and see their faves in concert and begin APPRECIATING what TRUE POP is.

Trigger

I wasn't going to write a shade post but 'You and I' started blaring in through my window just as I was about to leave the page soooo

"Born This Way" Miss
"Judas" Miss
"Americano" Miss
"Hair" Miss
"Bad Kids" Miss
"Electric Chapel" Miss
"Yoü and I" Miss

What kind of flop opinions?

I don't really care for You and I tho.

Nemesis_

5NlRY.png

This is pretty much a HAUS OF ROY creation. how do we feel about the colouring at the end? The kind of SUN LOOKING THING.

Judas is a miss?

Hair is a miss?

Americano??!

BORN THIS WAY is a miss?

Those are my favorites :(

snow-white-do-not-want.gif

EDIT: Honestly, try running on a treadmill with Born This Way blaring in your ears and tell me you won't feel over the clouds in whimsy.

Nemesis_

Judas, Americano and Born This Way are bereft of flaw live. She's amazing as a performer. *.*

Judas' beats are just SO ANTHEMIC.

Artemisia

Banned
Pressed Souls who can't deal said:
i'm pressed

121wqx1xeddh.gif

5NlRY.png

This is pretty much a HAUS OF ROY creation. how do we feel about the colouring at the end? The kind of SUN LOOKING THING.

I don't know if I like the font at all, but it's not that much of an issue for me to mention, esp if everyone else is cool with it.

Also I did buy tickets to the BTWB.

Trigger

Judas is my favorite song from the album with only EoG coming close. The beat slays my soul.

RE the font: I like it personally. The Haus of Roy is immaculate.

botty

Banned
I will say that Christina Aguilera is definitely one of the biggest risk takers in the industry. Like her vocal range, Xtina gives her fans such diverse sounds and styles with her music. Would any of your faves release albums that could potentially fall into a different genre each time?

I would also like to mention that most of the girls wouldn't dare take a four year break in between multiple albums.

Although, more girls should, cause then we get stuff like Blackout

xxczx

at least the girl has confidence, given if someone proves to me that interview vid didn't take 10 cuts and her reading off paper below her.

royalan

New Xtina Interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XQUkmVarsRc#!

Dead @ how narcissistic and self absorbed she sounds tho.

&

dead @ "Bionic surpassed time". ch....................................................

I honestly thought that was one of the better answers from these interviews. Call her narcissistic (and you'd probably he right ;_; Christina is proud to a fault), but I've always loved how thoroughly she answers questions in an interview. She really thinks about what she's going to say and answers intelligently...If with a touch of vanity.

I will say that Christina Aguilera is definitely one of the biggest risk takers in the industry. Like her vocal range, Xtina gives her fans such diverse sounds and styles with her music. Would any of your faves release albums that could potentially fall into a different genre each time?

I would also like to mention that most of the girls wouldn't dare take a four year break in between multiple albums.

Although, more girls should, cause then we get stuff like Blackout

A-fucking-greed, and I'm not even stanning. Sure, you have indie-pop
and unsuccessful
artists who experiment a lot with their sound, but for a mainstream act like Christina people like to discount the amount of balls it took to go from her debut to Stripped to Back to Basics to Bionic and completely change her sound each time. A lot of acts tend to get complacent when they find a schtick that leads them to success (St!nk), but never Xtina. And sure it doesn't always work (Bionic), but there are many times when it does (working with DJ Premier, being the first artist to collaborate with Sia, etc).

Sure it may be a vain thing for her to say, but she IS one of the biggest risk takers in the industry. One of the few artists who can say something as cliche as "I use every album as an opportunity to challenge myself and grow" and actually mean it.

xaosslug

New Xtina Interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XQUkmVarsRc#!

Dead @ how narcissistic and self absorbed she sounds tho.

&

dead @ "Bionic surpassed time". ch....................................................

you know, I really can't with y'all. You all really do sound like a bunch of catty so and so's gossiping about that 'new gurl' on the scene that has all the boys' attentions. I went in expecting the worst and no - Christina was articulate and about hers, yet... tremendous waves of negativity. Some of you REALLY need to look @ yourselves and ask WHY this woman got you all spooked (well, I think I know... but you all just refuse to admit it to yourself).

fXDjV.gif

but what else is new?

oiFSC.gif

at least the girl has confidence, given if someone proves to me that interview vid didn't take 10 cuts and her reading off paper below her.

clock. dat. shit.

Ooo... I want to join in.

"Marry the Night" Hit
"Born This Way" Hit
"Government Hooker" Hit
"Judas" Hit
"Americano" Miss
"Hair" Hit
"Scheiße" Hit
"Bloody Mary" Hit
"Black Jesus + Amen Fashion" Hit
"Bad Kids" Hit
"Heavy Metal Lover" Hit
"Electric Chapel" Miss
"The Queen" Miss
"Yoü and I" Miss
"The Edge of Glory" Hit

I think this is pretty much accurate.

Mau ®

Born This Way on release was pretty damn espectacular but I didnt use it after a couple of weeks, and I certainly don't use it now.

"You & I" & "Heavy Metal Lover" are probably the only songs from that album I still check for.

EDIT: 1500 posts to OT3!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom