• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jessie J wishes she could sell 80,000 albums in the first week.
And after that first week the sales drop hugely? Nah
And I could care less about Jessie J sales or success. I Stan for no one :)

iCt9Bzf8yJ6PV.gif

SaintZ

Knowing she is irrelevant in America clearly hurts her. Even Jessie J managed to be popular in America but Lana couldnt even reach that. She tried though.

iCt9Bzf8yJ6PV.gif
Born to Die has sold 350,000 in the US. It's not a HUGE number (better than some tho) but I'd like to know Jessie J's TBH.

Vazra

Born to Die has sold 350,000 in the US. It's not a HUGE number (better than some tho) but I'd like to know Jessie J's TBH.

From Wikipedia

Jessie J
On 6 March 2011, Who You Are debuted at number two on the UK Albums Chart, behind Adele's 21, shifting 105,000 copies in its first week. In February 2012 the album was certified triple platinum by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) for shipments of 900,000 units in the UK. As of April 2012 the album has spent 80 weeks in the top 30, and has sold over 1,000,000 copies in the UK.

The album debuted at number eleven on the Billboard 200, with first-week sales of 34,000 copies. In Australia, the album peaked at number four. It has since been certified gold by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) for shipments of 35,000 units.The album debuted at number 30 in Denmark on 11 March 2011. The following week it reached number 33, before leaving the chart. On 12 August, Who Are You re-entered the chart at number ten. In its fifth week on the chart the reached number five, archiving a new peak position.On November 2011 it was revealed that Who You Are was the biggest selling debut album of 2011 in the UK.

As of April 2012, sales of the album have reached 2,500,000 worldwide.

Lana Del Rey

Born to Die was a commercial success. In the United Kingdom, it sold 50,000 copies on its first day of release. It debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart and sold 116,745 copies. By accumulating digital sales of 50,007, the album became the fifth album ever to sell upwards of 50,000 downloads in a single week.[49] Born to Die remained at the summit of the chart in its second week, selling an additional 60,000 copies.[50] As of July 2012, the album had sold over 500,000 copies in the UK.

In France, the LP debuted at number one on the French Albums Chart with sales of 48,791, whose 16,968 digital copies. The album remained at the top position the following week with 23,888 copies sold.[52] As of August 3, 2012, it has sold over 240,000 copies in France.

In the United States, the album attained first-week sales of 77,000 copies, subsequently debuting at number two on the Billboard 200, behind Adele's 21. As of July 2012 the album has sold over 2 million copies worldwide.

Overrall Lana Born to Die can obviously surpass 2,500,000. But we need to see what happens.

Trigger

Oh, I don't think he's a troll. Maybe I'm being too nice.

Well Lana has at least gone #1 in multiple countires. I can't speak to sales, but that's something Jessie J failed to accomplish.

Vazra

You sound like a troll.
b80efe23.gif

Not really a troll I just don't defend anyone. As I might like one I can find reasons to dislike too. Pretty simple terms of saying not getting attached to artists.

I Like a few Jessie J songs but her personality is terrible.
Lana del Rey has a great voice but bores me.
Christina Aguilera while she can sing she has become a joke and her personality doesnt help her either.
Nicki Minaj I only liked 3 songs of her and her personality doesnt click at all with me.
Rihanna & Katy Perry cool beats but their vocals can be annoying at times.
Madonna I rather listen to old school Madge.
Britney there is nothing I like about her but I shade her on the same levels I shade anyone else.
Ellie Goulding I like her stuff and minor complains musically and sometimes can be boring.
Kimbra as I love her but she can be a bit over the place in terms of direction.
LaRoux Like a few songs in some cases the dislike is because I think she can do better than some of her tracks.
Robyn Love her and minor complaining of her work

I could go all day showing how I'm not a troll but people can still label me a troll I just don't care.

Vazra

Weren't you stanning Kerli several pages ago?
AgY7A.gif

You're in no place to be shading Lana.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Lol as much as I love Kerli she simply isnt big commercially she is more of a niche and not all her stuff its gold. I might look like stanning at times but don't be fooled I can shade Kerli or any of my faves if they mess up.

iCt9Bzf8yJ6PV.gif

Not really a troll I just don't defend anyone. As I might like one I can find reasons to dislike too. Pretty simple terms of saying not getting attached to artists.

I Like a few Jessie J songs but her personality is terrible.
Lana del Rey has a great voice but bores me.
Christina Aguilera while she can sing she has become a joke and her personality doesnt help her either.
Nicki Minaj I only liked 3 songs of her and her personality doesnt click at all with me.
Rihanna & Katy Perry cool beats but their vocals can be annoying at times.
Madonna I rather listen to old school Madge.
Britney there is nothing I like about her but I shade her on the same levels I shade anyone else.
Ellie Goulding I like her stuff and minor complains musically and sometimes can be boring.
Kimbra as I love her but she can be a bit over the place in terms of direction.
LaRoux Like a few songs in some cases the dislike is because I think she can do better than some of her tracks.
Robyn Love her and minor complaining of her work

I could go all day showing how I'm not a troll but people can still label me a troll I just don't care.
tumblr_m573cm446k1rtjw1mo1_250.gif

Vazra

How could I forget Kelly!

Only complain I have for Kelly is covering the terrible song Call Me Maybe but she did it 1million times better than Carly Meh Mehpsen. (Not hard to do but Kelly did her Homework of doing a terrible song passable so that counts)

Trigger

How could I forget Kelly!

Only complain I have for Kelly is covering the terrible song Call Me Maybe but she did it 1million times better than Carly Meh Mehpsen. (Not hard to do but Kelly did her Homework of doing a terrible song passable so that counts)

zZ3gG.gif

Bladenic

Baby dance with me,
And feel the waves,
Feel the waves…
Baby come with me,
Fall into place,
Fall in place…
You will want,
Wa-wa-wa want speaking,
Is no time,
And my se-se-se-sexy bikinis will drop.