• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Turns out Beiber's stolen personal footage was just a publicity stunt for his single with Garbaj called "Beauty and a beat".

SaintZ

cry.gif

Just finished watching Rideeeee and omggggg whyyyy Lana ;________; #slain

Probably my favorite video after Born To Die (although Blue Jeans and National Anthem were pretty damn good too). IA about the Fran Drescher hair tho.

royalan

But the thing is, the songs are actually about her real life. She lived a really messed up life early on; she was an alcoholic, her parents sent her to boarding school which she hated, and she says that "life and death" concepts came to her at a really young age. Those moments in her life are what inspires a lot of her songs. Lana might seem fake from the outside what with the different name and her new look, but her music is real.

This interview reveals a lot about her.

There are rumors that she's actually already started working on her second album. My theory is that she'll tackle the theme of fame next.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking that Elizabeth Grant in real life is some happy-go-lucky flower child that's only known happiness and privilege and that Lana is just one giant put-on. There is an obvious touch of autobiographical in her music. I wasn't criticizing her by calling Lana Del Rey a character.

But I think it's brilliant how she took her real life experiences and morphed them into this Lana Del Rey experience. With her songs and videos she's really gone a lot farther than most in creating this modern-day noir/chanteuse/femme fatale woman that's as beautiful as she is hopelessly tragic and depressing. Listening to Born To Die you get this complete sense of a woman who IS based on Lizzy's own life, but has become bigger than her and more representative of the concepts Lizzy wanted to further explore.

Seriously, best Pop album of the year, easily.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Sweet Nothing is now available in the US. YAS.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking that Elizabeth Grant in real life is some happy-go-lucky flower child that's only known happiness and privilege and that Lana is just one giant put-on. There is an obvious touch of autobiographical in her music. I wasn't criticizing her by calling Lana Del Rey a character.

But I think it's brilliant how she took her real life experiences and morphed them into this Lana Del Rey experience. With her songs and videos she's really gone a lot farther than most in creating this modern-day noir/chanteuse/femme fatale woman that's as beautiful as she is hopelessly tragic and depressing. Listening to Born To Die you get this complete sense of a woman who IS based on Lizzy's own life, but has become bigger than her and more representative of the concepts Lizzy wanted to further explore.

Oh, okay. I understand what you are getting at.

Seriously, best Pop album of the year, easily.
tumblr_m944hw1ffP1qdw4ac.gif

-with the added Paradise songs. If it's just BTD, I think Halcyon is equal in amazingness :}

Kyon

Banned
Turns out Beiber's stolen personal footage was just a publicity stunt for his single with Garbaj called "Beauty and a beat".

Loved it. My baby looked hotter than ever and Bricki was barely in it. The song is still amazing too.

The Prince reign won't let up

Majmun

So instead of changing her looks, she'd change her stage name?

That'd be risky and confusing. But I'd like her to try that...

Mau ®

Beiber's video is actually really cute and fun. The song is great too... Garbaj included.
okIAQ.gif

Though its not the best time to release it IMO. As Long As You Love Me has just peaked. And this song has not been sent to radio as far as I know.

Artemisia

Banned
Fun fact: Glassheart's breakdown sounds exactly the same as Beauty And A Beat's.

Bonus Fun Fact: Fireflies on Glassheart is a reductive JOY.

Ughh I wanna see the new Lana video so bad. Meetings all day, and I want to actually enjoy it, not squeeze it in during fleeting moments of free time :-(

Ready for visual orgasm of our generation.

Zutroy

Glassheart is giving my lyfe! Not the album, the single. Well, the album might as well, but I've not listened to it yet. But the single...damn, so good!

Just finished watching Rideeeee and omggggg whyyyy Lana ;________; #slain

Probably my favorite video after Born To Die (although Blue Jeans and National Anthem were pretty damn good too). IA about the Fran Drescher hair tho.
I decided to watch the video for "Ride", and I really liked it. I think it's Lana's best video. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom