• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
Yes, worship ha.

icNe9fCeg9vQd.gif

Nemesis_

I could do without the Fran Drescher haircut though tbh but otherwise the video is beautiful. She is beautiful. My fave could never (maybe) [perhaps]

Artemisia

Banned
I could do without the Fran Drescher haircut though tbh but otherwise the video is beautiful. She is beautiful. My fave could never (maybe) [perhaps]

But gaga already released an overly long 'artistic' music video. and at least it had choreo and exploding cars to keep it interesting, and no sex over pinball machines.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

Nemesis_

But gaga already released an overly long 'artistic' music video. and at least it had choreo and exploding cars to keep it interesting, and no sex over pinball machines.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

You're right I guess.

The queen of music videos is hibernating. I can only prey for your faves when she awakens.

rQ6Lm.gif

royalan

It's unfortunate that you would believe the BS posted. You can never tell if someone is sub tweeting someone else and this is no different. Rih is ratchet on Twitter 100% of the time. It's not surprising that you would believe this since The Fighters are on the defensive 100% if the time. I'm attempting to keep it classy with Xtina, but when her stans believe stuff that isn't true, I feel like I need to do a quick #CLAPBACK and make things plain.

But I'm not going to right now. I think that the reports on Xtina's behavior are really...

Unfounded.

Well don't talk about it, boo. Be about it. Fighters ain't scared. Because the sad #TRUTH is Rih stans LOVE to talk about how ratchet and real she is on Twitter and interviews, but get as pressedt as an olive when the connection is made that occasionally, just occasionally, she goes beyond being "real" and just plain out shows her a$$.

You may be able to find a few pressed celebs taking their issues with Xtina and her alleged beef with them to the public, but what you won't see are actual wholesale receipts of Xtina popping off on every celeb, nobody, political/religious figure, or girlfriend who dares rub her the wrong way. And yeah it's often funny, but it's also just gutter-butt behavior sometimes.

Nemesis_

Well don't talk about it, boo. Be about it. Fighters ain't scared. Because the sad #TRUTH is Rih stans LOVE to talk about how ratchet and real she is on Twitter and interviews, but get as pressedt as an olive when the connection is made that occasionally, just occasionally, she goes beyond being "real" and just plain out shows her a$$.

You may be able to find a few pressed celebs taking their issues with Xtina and her alleged beef with them to the public, but what you won't see are actual wholesale receipts of Xtina popping off on every celeb, nobody, political/religious figure, or girlfriend who dares rub her the wrong way.

I hate XTINCTA as we all know but YASS SPILL THE TEA.

9HmD2.gif

Nem, we had the same idea, but made different gifs *.*

THIEVING IDEAS like ur fave.

xoxoxoxo

royalan

Lana Del Rey - Ride

EDIT: so she's a hooker or something

and she got fucked on a pinball machine. that scene in particular was quite jarring.

Wow, Video of the Fucking Forever.

That was amazing, and one thing I have to give Elizabeth Grant credit for is crafting this beautifully fucked-up character Lana Del Rey. She's described the Paradise Edition tracks as her final thoughts on the album, and when you listen to Ride, and now watch the video, you really do get the sense that it's summing up everything that album was about.

I think I've said this somewhere before, but if the Born To Die album were made into a musical, "Ride" would be the song the main character sang before they killed themselves in the grand finale. Just the perfect final thought on Lana, and the video really just fucking captures that.

No wonder Elizabeth has claimed she might not make another record after this. She's pretty much told a complete story on Lana. If she does make another record, I almost wouldn't be surprised if she changed her name.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It's pretty good but it sounds a bit like she was so busy trying to cultivate a 'sound' that she forgot to actually write some melodies.

DMeisterJ

Banned

You may be able to find a few pressed celebs taking their issues with Xtina and her alleged beef with them to the public, but what you won't see are actual wholesale receipts of Xtina popping off on every celeb, nobody, political/religious figure, or girlfriend who dares rub her the wrong way. And yeah it's often funny, but it's also just gutter-butt behavior sometimes.

No see, the issue here is that people are trying to pull tweets out of thin air and then make them mean something. If she drags someone on Twitter, she's replying to a person, putting their name in the tweet and making it plain. You can't take tweets that don't mention names and then say that she's talking about anyone. Rih does not pop off at just anyone, she only defends herself when she is popped off at.

Trying to talk about Rih's tweets when she doesn't mention a name is the same thing as the "Pressed" who make shit up about Xtina. Funny how you can believe one rumor (about Rih) but one about Xtina is unbelievable. Oh wait. Its not funny. Its sad. Fighters are so fucking delusional. Something can be as clear as day in front of them, but they will still TRY to say something that isn't true.

If you want some #TRUTH, Your Body is FLOPPING, she is OVERWEIGHT, and the only thing that she's returning to is irrelevancy since the consumers of music are clearly done with her. SIP on that tea. Dismissed.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

TRASH DISPOSED OF

royalan

No see, the issue here is that people are trying to pull tweets out of thin air and then make them mean something. If she drags someone on Twitter, she's replying to a person, putting their name in the tweet and making it plain. You can't take tweets that don't mention names and then say that she's talking about anyone. Rih does not pop off at just anyone, she only defends herself when she is popped off at.

Trying to talk about Rih's tweets when she doesn't mention a name is the same thing as the "Pressed" who make shit up about Xtina. Funny how you can believe one rumor (about Rih) but one about Xtina is unbelievable. Oh wait. Its not funny. Its sad. Fighters are so fucking delusional. Something can be as clear as day in front of them, but they will still TRY to say something that isn't true.

If you want some #TRUTH, Your Body is FLOPPING, she is OVERWEIGHT, and the only thing that she's returning to is irrelevancy since the consumers of music are clearly done with her. SIP on that tea. Dismissed.

121wqx1xeddh.gif

TRASH DISPOSED OF

All of that is cute, Sis, but you did nothing to refute my earlier tea about Rihanna's ratchet behavior. It ain't even just about this: she gets into social media spats with just about everyone and everything, and if it isn't this it's something else, plain and simple. And sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's funny, but sometimes it's just indicative of a little CHILD crying out for attention.

Ch...this "One Rumor". I mean, do we even have to talk about the garbage-bin full of her previous beefs over Chris? Her previous shading over Chris? Her Oprah interview that might as well have been the Chris Therapy Hour? And we're talking about HER actions here, not just alleged things other people SAY she did. Even if those subtweets weren't about Karrueche, are you really trying to make the argument that Rihanna is not ratchet and disrespectful? Not even Fighters are that delusional.

But go on, pad your point with more overused and nothing-to-do-with-anything tea about Xtina being fat and flopping. That seems to be the cure-all salve for everything.

Nemesis_

Lana should just shut up during those intro/outro's of her songs. It's getting old, and I'm only here for the music anyway.

The intro was a bit drawn out - I guess she just wanted to build up the character or something.

I liked it more in National Anthem because what she was reading was relevant to the themes and motif of the clip.

The intro was a bit drawn out - I guess she just wanted to build up the character or something.

I liked it more in National Anthem because what she was reading was relevant to the themes and motif of the clip.
Yep, the national anthem one is far better, both musically and what she's saying. But best of all I like the intro to the Blue Jeans video. It's just 30 seconds extra of the beautiful music of the song.

royalan

The argument is over. Can't argue with the delusional.

Anyone having delusions that grand must be in constant pain.

GYzPX.jpg

I guess this picture (and song lyric) aren't about Karrueche because Rih didn't @ her in it. Because, you know, Rihanna has NEVER done that.

Ch...

Trigger

I hope Lana does a happy track and video next. lol, her songs always have this wistfulness that makes them beautiful but also mildly depressing.

JCX

New Lana Video is great. The song is growing on me, but I really want to hear the full studio version of Body Electric.

Mau ®

Bitches plz,

Kukaracha shaded Rihanna's country and accent. Lets not pretend she's just a bystander.

DMJ stop arguing with Roy. This is the same person who BELIEVES Xtina is a NICE person and people who PUBLICLY accuse her of mean behavior are just pressed and want attention.

He also thinks Your Body is gonna recover kiiiiiii

royalan

Bitches plz,

Kukaracha shaded Rihanna's country and accent. Lets not pretend she's just a bystander.

DMJ stop arguing with Roy. This is the same person who BELIEVES Xtina is a NICE person and people who PUBLICLY accuse her of mean behavior are just pressed and want attention.

He also thinks Your Body is gonna recover kiiiiiii

Oh whatever. Y'all always try it with this, but Xtina can be the biggest diva for all I care. I've said before I don't need Xtina to be "nice" to stan her. The poinT is when it comes to HER, and what SHE says and does in public, it's always mature and on that "keep it cute" tip. She leaves it to the people who have beef with her to get messy and keeps on doing her all day every day without getting drawn into the mud. Notes should be taken, tbh.

Anywho, enough of this #Clapback.

Wendy Williams must be seriously coming up because she got none other than Aphrodylie Minogue to appear on her show.

She always does such cute interviews. And LOL @ her acknowledging gifs.

Nemesis_

That was an unfortunate typo, sis. ;__;

Haha, now it make sense. I agree though, Kylie is pretty flawless. Though behind the scenes she's apparently a huge
WHOREBAG, but generally only to women

but that was a long time ago, perhaps things have changed since then.

royalan

Haha, now it make sense. I agree though, Kylie is pretty flawless. Though behind the scenes she's apparently a huge
WHOREBAG, but generally only to women

but that was a long time ago, perhaps things have changed since then.

Probably rumors started by Dannii, tbh...

Nemesis_

Probably rumors started by Dannii, tbh...

Oh, no. This is first (or second?) hand experience.

Back in her heyday when she wasn't big and was signed to Mushroom records (a company a family member of mine worked at) she did a lot of meet and greets especially with those who are responsible for promoting her.

Apparently whenever they did these meet and greets, she would be a HEEJUN to the record label staff who were female and even to her female fans. To the point where she would give them blank stares and a simple HI whereas she would actually sit down and chat to all her male fans.

Poor dannii btw tbh

I like to pretend that her run in with cancer and subsequent life experiences might've made her a better person since that was a while ago. Gave me Madonna teas when I was told the story though.

I thought I spilt this tea when I first joined POPGAF tbh ;_;

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh, no. This is first (or second?) hand experience.

Back in her heyday when she wasn't big and was signed to Mushroom records (a company a family member of mine worked at) she did a lot of meet and greets especially with those who are responsible for promoting her.

Apparently whenever they did these meet and greets, she would be a HEEJUN to the record label staff who were female and even to her female fans. To the point where she would give them blank stares and a simple HI whereas she would actually sit down and chat to all her male fans.

Poor dannii btw tbh

Building dat homo fanbase

blackladyshakectr15.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The overtly mo designs follow the gay fanbase tho. Gays can just sniff out an icon, parades of muscled hunks on stage or no.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Wow, Video of the Fucking Forever.

That was amazing, and one thing I have to give Elizabeth Grant credit for is crafting this beautifully fucked-up character Lana Del Rey. She's described the Paradise Edition tracks as her final thoughts on the album, and when you listen to Ride, and now watch the video, you really do get the sense that it's summing up everything that album was about.

I think I've said this somewhere before, but if the Born To Die album were made into a musical, "Ride" would be the song the main character sang before they killed themselves in the grand finale. Just the perfect final thought on Lana, and the video really just fucking captures that.

No wonder Elizabeth has claimed she might not make another record after this. She's pretty much told a complete story on Lana. If she does make another record, I almost wouldn't be surprised if she changed her name.

But the thing is, the songs are actually about her real life. She lived a really messed up life early on; she was an alcoholic, her parents sent her to boarding school which she hated, and she says that "life and death" concepts came to her at a really young age. Those moments in her life are what inspires a lot of her songs. Lana might seem fake from the outside what with the different name and her new look, but her music is real.

This interview reveals a lot about her.

There are rumors that she's actually already started working on her second album. My theory is that she'll tackle the theme of fame next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom