• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Monsters and their whole 'Mother' business are a Freudian nightmare
ikXOi4ww3zHNU.gif

Nemesis_

Of all the people I would want to GO IN on, Koo is the least. He manages to convey his tones in such SUCCINT and DIRECT methods while using the BEST ARTISTIC DESIGN CHOICEES in his GIFs.

It's not worth it tbh.

AqdFm.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Setting aside the point that Koo has zero flaws, I agree with Nem. I would never go for Koo's wig for fear of my entire head.

Nemesis_

Some NEWS UPDATES for those who might care.

• Lana Del Rey has described the Born To Die: Paradise Edition as not a new album (duh) but "an afterthought". Umm. She also says that the new tracks put a "period on the statement she was trying to make with the original release". No, Xtincta fans, not THAT kind of period. They'll remain close and dear to ur fave. The Paradise Edition re-issue is due for release sometime during November
  • Kleptonce's website has been updated with some mysterious website asking people to leave their footprint on August 19th, 2012. Presumably so she can steal them.
  • UK singer Cher Lloyd made her US TV debut performing Want U Back. The song is currently at the Billboard Hot 100 on position #16.
  • For those who follow NoDirection, their new album will feature at least one track contributed by Ed Sheeran. They apparently liked them so much, they asked for "loads more".
  • MDNA acronym reductionist MDNR has released a preview of their title track from their upcoming album, Feed Me Diamonds.
  • Godga has come out and confirmed she will be making a continuation of the Telephone music video.
    [*]
    oJQar.jpg
  • DRAGONETTE whom I keep flogging in the DJ Room (well, one of their songs, at least) have released the artwork for their upcoming album, Bodyparts. The album will contain their major 2012 release, Let It Go. You may remember Dragonette from previous collaborations with Martin Solveig (Hello). The album is due for release September 25th They are a Canadian duo.

6mWwE.jpg

EDIT / UPDATE

Madonna Addresses 'MDNA' Tour Swastika Appearance
Not really
Madonna says the image of a swastika that appears in a tour video was chosen "purposefully."

"That film that was created is about the intolerance that we human beings have for one another and how much we judge people before knowing them," the pop star told a Brazilian TV channel, via the BBC

In the on-stage video, the swastika, the World War II-era icon of the Nazis and a symbol of white supremacists, appears on the forehead of French politician Marine Le Pen.

"There seems to be a growing intolerance around the world," Madonna said in the new interview. "In Greece, France, everywhere people are trying to kick out all the immigrants, make people cover up and not show what their religious affiliation is."

The video appeared during previous tour stops before making a controversial appearance during a French performance n July 14. The "MDNA" tour has also seen her holding a gun at a Edinburgh, England performance that came in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado massacre.

"Art is there to track what's going on in the world, to make social commentary," she said. "I think you're not an artist if you're not dissecting and deconstructing ideas."

So, I'm now an Avril stan. I recently acquired 'Let Go' and 'Under My Skin' and they are both so good. Yes, I know, I'm super late getting them, but better late than never. Also, I plan on getting 'Goodbye Lullaby' someday. The only CD of hers I don't want is 'The Best Damn Thing', because I'd like to think it never existed.

Artemisia

Banned
So, I'm now an Avril stan. I recently acquired 'Let Go' and 'Under My Skin' and they are both so good. Yes, I know, I'm super late getting them, but better late than never. Also, I plan on getting 'Goodbye Lullaby' someday. The only CD of hers I don't want is 'The Best Damn Thing', because I'd like to think it never existed.

lastinline
(Today, 09:25 AM)

Christopher

The only thing worse than my taste in music is Avril...

#Don'tWakeMeUp
ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

Trigger

Those are both great albums. "How Does It Feel" is still a great, quiet little song.

Nemesis_

During a press junket in London last week, Madonna spoke out to the media regarding her feelings about Lady Gaga. Speaking to press, Madonna said she is a big fan of the song “Born This Way” and jokingly added that she is also “glad that I could help her write it.” Madonna also defended her recent mash up of “Express Yourself” and “Born This Way”, featured in her MDNA World Tour, by stating that it isn’t meant to be taken seriously, but meant to be a tribute and also a bit of a joke.

The star added that she tries not to pay attention to the comparisons drawn between the two, and that “I think she [Gaga] is very talented. At the end of the day, we’re very different. We both have different things to say. I think that’s some journalists trying to stir up trouble by constantly making references to other artists.”

Check out the interview (Gaga talk starts at 2:25) below and let us know what you think in the comments!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4xzVRT-uD4

I would believe her if She's Not Me wasn't attached to the end of that medley tbh.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I know Nem already posted some news but he left out some other tidbits from Madre Monster

YPnaW.png

6oz5E.png

foAPE.png

FXaWr.png

tumblr_m7rkgomb1R1rxn5ajo2_400.png

9Kthh.png

most importantly

AyuFaRgCMAAdkNu.jpg

she also said she likes Ke$ha and that she got her lips done and the effects last 5 months

Nemesis_

Apparently a member of the press must have snuck the BTW reference into the show then.

cherhairshadeactualslunub0.gif

They did a great job designing and loading the video backdrops for that performance as well, as well as choosing She's Not Me for the setlist following that.

THANK FUCK. I wish it would come soon but of course, it won't come until the tour closes, right?

I'll believe it when I see it. Also wow at the comment under it about Iran ;_;

Interesting to know her thoughts, I guess.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They did a great job designing and loading the video backdrops for that performance as well, as well as choosing She's Not Me for the setlist following that.

I'm just amazed that Madonna didn't notice it, since she's annoyed at journalists making constant comparisons between herself and Gaga.

Nemesis_

I'm just amazed that Madonna didn't notice it, since she's annoyed at journalists making constant comparisons between herself and Gaga.

I would be annoyed too, I mean Born This Way (the single) was released in February, 2011. Then the MDNA Tour started over a year later, April 2012.

How annoying for that comparison to be brought back up by the media when the MDNA tour started that long after it all happened. I'm sure Madonna was over it by then and those journalists just ruined everything.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Kylie is in an indie film playing a lesbian.

206631-kylie-minogue.jpg

#SaviourOfTheHeaumeauxRace

Someone tell us how CRJ is doing more for gay rights since the Stonewall riots again pls. I need a good laugh.

Nemesis_

Gaga just confirmed on her site that she will be returning to Australia in 2013.

I wonder when Madonna will come to Australia.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Some #Minajesty news

I’m releasing a fragrance in November. I’m working on my clothing line. And I’m working on some new music. I’ll be able to tell people more about that in August.

all of my faves seem to be coming hard this fall
iwWBptYt4UyWf.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Fragrance? I'm guessing the scent will be Lil' Wayne's body sweat.
Clothing Line? Designed for cement-filled asses everywhere.
Music? Let me not bring Rihanna up in this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom