• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

As much as the Xtina stan enjoyed that interview when it aired. Part of me felt bad for Britney. She had to eat a LOT of crow during that interview.

But hey, at least she took her licks and ate it *cough*Gaga*cough*.

Zutroy

My top 10 Britney (too hard to put in order)
Born to Make You Happy
Get Naked
Before the Goodbye
Unusual You
Inside Out
You Drive Me Crazy
Breathe On Me
Shadow
Everytime
Stronger

I've ended up with most of her ballady songs (just because I prefer those songs in general) but my initial list was about 25, it was really hard to knock songs off the list.
Never listened to her first four albums. Only know the singles. That's why my lists is mostly Blackout/Circus/Femme Fatale material

Good thing she released Blackout, otherwise I'd still ignore her. And that would be such a shame.
Although her first two albums only had a couple of good songs outside of the singles, the Britney album, and especially In The Zone are excellent. You should give them a listen.

Mau ®

Yeah i know im just talking about the one that made the cut. Which she does have say which songs go on her albums.Which song writer was the one that talked about brit not taking co writing credit? Cant pull the quote im on mobile #flop

That would be Heather Bright (Trouble for Me). Here's part of the quote

The media is talking trash about how Britney didn’t write any of the songs on her album… HELLO! Wake up everybody! NONE OF THESE ARTISTS WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS!!!!!! (there are a few exceptions… lady gaga, will.i.am/BEP, chris brown is starting to write a lot of his own stuff…ummmm… and now I’m running out of artists). Anyway… here’s my thing… and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me, like all these other A-list artists, and said…

“Hey, you wanna be on my album? I’m gonna need writing credit for that song AND part of your publishing even though I didn’t write anything! And then I’m gonna go on tour and gross $150 million in ticket sales and not give you any of that, even though I’m performing your song!”

I could rattle off a laundry list of artists who I’ve had that conversation with! And I’m on the other end like… “Oh okay… so you wanna rape me, but just with the tip?!” *Prince side eye* Britney’s one of the few artists I’ve worked with who didn’t try to take something that wasn’t hers. In my experience, from a business standpoint, her entire team is nothing less than a bonafide class act! If I ever have another song that she wants and another artist happens to want the same song… Britney will get it EVERYTIME! Why? Because she’s honest! And she treats her writers and producers with respect and dignity. An artist is nothing without a hit song… and a hit song is nothing without the right artist. It looks like the question I posed earlier just found its answer… maybe this is why 12 years later she’s STILL at the top!

royalan

That would be Heather Bright (Trouble for Me). Here's part of the quote

I remember reading this quote as part of a larger piece featuring several producers speaking on this. Funny thing is MOST of it was direct/indirect Beyonce shade, who is allegedly one of the ABSOLUTE WORST when it comes to this.

EDIT: Although, you can't really call it "rape." In the type of "transaction" that Heater describes, the writers had to knowingly and willingly enter into these types of agreements with the singers. So they can't really complain about it after the fact. Not only did she, and the other writers, get money for their work, they got to work their way up the industry ladder to the point where now they CAN write songs and get credit for them.

Think of it like an internship.

Majmun

I remember reading this quote as part of a larger piece featuring several producers speaking on this. Funny thing is MOST of it was direct/indirect Beyonce shade, who is allegedly one of the ABSOLUTE WORST when it comes to this.

iYYrWve3H7nlE.gif

She needs to become less sloppy, though.

Although her first two albums only had a couple of good songs outside of the singles, the Britney album, and especially In The Zone are excellent. You should give them a listen.

I will :)

Cynosure

Britney was always the better performer, though. Especially during her peak.

Different type of performers.
When Christina does what she does best and just sing, she gets featured in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame among other legends

B1wVS.jpg

But when Christina tries to put on theatrical show, then I'll say Britney does a better job at that.

britney-spears-dvd-of-old-appearances-2d09d.jpg

Iconic.

If that Britney had witnessed what she is today....

iB7f7OIC0wKQS.gif

I barely post here, but I'll do some top tens.

BEYONCE

1) Get Me Bodied (Extended Mix)
2) End Of Time
3) I Miss You
4) Suga Mama
5) Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
6) Party
7) Countdown
8) Halo
9) Green Light
10) Listen

LADY GAGA

1) The Edge of Glory
2) Hair
3) Bad Romance
4) Scheiße
5) Judas
6) Born This Way
7) Americano
8) Monster
9) You and I
10) Marry The Night

CHRISTINA AGUILERA

1) Mercy On Me
2) Beautiful
3) Hurt
4) Show Me How You Burlesque
5) Not Myself Tonight
6) Candyman
7) Come On Over
8) Fighter
9) A Voice Within
10) I Am

BRITNEY SPEARS

1) Gimme More
2) Till The World Ends
3) Toxic
4) Get Naked (I Got A Plan)
5) How I Roll
6) Phonography
7) Kill The Lights
8) Trip To Your Heart
9) Stronger
10) I Wanna Go

RIHANNA

1) Russian Roulette
2) We Found Love
3) Te Amo
4) Umbrella
5) Only Girl (In The World)
6) S&M
7) Where Have You Been
8) Shut Up And Drive
9) Man Down
10) Cheers

I may have grown up in a war zone and all, but compiling that Beyonce list was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. lol

Mumei

You know, I laugh when people say that everything she does is stolen from someone.... but then...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What happened to that cycling medal you were supposed to win this morning godel? :p

What happened to that Tour de France we won earlier in the week, so nobody cares?

Oh, right.

How's Lance Armstrong doing, still doped up to his eyeballs?

Oh, right.

SaintZ

This thread moves too fast ;__;
Um. Hew is this????
I heard this from her: Sky Ferreira - Lost In My Bedroom
and I really like it.
She has an album coming out. Does anyone here know about her and, if so, can you please recommend me some more songs of hers before I go diving through YouTube.
The only thing I know about her is that she tried to cover Blue Jeans.

Also I wanna join in and list my favorite Britney Top 10 (I'm not sure about the positions tho)

Britney Spears
Break The Ice
Til The World Ends
I Wanna Go
Piece of Me
Anticipating
Toxic
Amnesia
Hot As Ice
Gimme More
Lucky

botty

Banned
Kyon, how good are you at resisting spoilers?

Dark Knight Rises Spoilers:
There are no spoilers here, this is only a text.

I like catwoman, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom