• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

I was never a Batman fan. Batman Begins and Dark Knight are a bit overrated imo. I do love the Batman Rocksteady games though. Those are awesome. Still have to buy the Catwoman DLC.

botty

Banned
The legion of cos-players won. The game was sold out.

tumblr_lyyfzyvHQC1qix84s.gif

Going to see TDKR in a few minutes, though.

ibzHFkezr0AY7a.gif

Nemesis_

You couldn't understand Bain? Weird.

Whichever scene where he says something along the lines of I AM GOTHAM'S RECKONING I almost could not hear a thing. Everyone around me was asking each other what he said.

I thought it was initially I AM GOTHAM'S RED HERRING

I was like ummm

As I said, a lot of scenes I understood the gist but I couldn't talk about what he said word for word.

The legion of cos-players won. The game was sold out.

tumblr_lyyfzyvHQC1qix84s.gif

Did you pose with the Keyblade? =3

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Whichever scene where he says something along the lines of I AM GOTHAM'S RECKONING I almost could not hear a thing. Everyone around me was asking each other what he said.

I thought it was initially I AM GOTHAM'S RED HERRING

I was like ummm

Huh. I didn't have any trouble with it. But it was a weird accent he was doing, sort of...plummy.

Nemesis_

Huh. I didn't have any trouble with it. But it was a weird accent he was doing, sort of...plummy.

The accent was weird too, I was not expecting it, I was expecting more gruff and grittier. Though Hardy himself said he made the accent like that on purpose.

A terrorist leader intent on destroying Gotham City. The character was chosen by Christopher Nolan because of his desire to see Batman tested on both a physical and mental level.[14] Bane has been described as "a terrorist in both thought and action"[14] and is "florid in his speech, [with] the physicality of a gorilla".[15] Hardy stated that he intended to portray the character as "more menacing" than Robert Swenson's version of the character in Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin and that in order to do so, his portrayal entailed creating a contradiction between the voice and the body. Hardy gained 30 pounds (14 kg) for the role,[19] increasing his weight to 198 pounds (90 kg).[19] Hardy based the character's voice on several influences, which include his intellect, Caribbean heritage, and Bartley Gorman.[20][21]

I also liked that Catwoman was more Catwoman-y than I was expecting. She had me from her first scene *O*

Mau ®

She already did...in 2006

Its not even the same. Have you even seen the TTT booklet? Its SUPER different from Bday's more natural approach, while TTT is more urban.

Untitled-1-copy.jpg

rihanna-talk-that-talk-standard-edition-booklet.gif

Sorry gurl but Bey has never tried that style. And she shouldnt since she's more restrained & elegant.

Blonde hair doesn't look good on Rih, tbh

I disagree.

227173-rihanna-blonde.jpg

Rihanna-Blonde-Curly-Hairstyles.jpg

rihanna-rubia-001.jpg

Rihanna-hairstyle-Blonde-trends-2012-fashion-haircut.jpg

Rih should go back to her redhead look. Her best look to date, imo

Yeah but she probably wont do red for a while. She's gonna keep her dark hair or maybe dye it blue since she's teased about it before.

Majmun

Best blonde:

iSj2ueE3r76db.jpg

Best red:

ixEv4iqFddtLw.jpg

I still think that blonde hair doesn't fit her. Her face looks so lost in it. But she nails it when it's short.

Cynosure

xxTnQ.png

Gaga Top 10:

1. Summerboy
2. Heavy Metal Lover
3. Electric Chapel
4. The Queen
5. Bad Romance
6. Bloody Mary
7. Americano
8. Poker face
9. Paparazzi
10.Retro, Dance, Freak

iiQSH6PrVF9qT.gif

Mau ®

Since everyone did top tens, here goes mine. They're not in any order tbh.

Christina Aguilera

1.- Save Me From Myself
2.- Mercy on Me
3.- Welcome
4.- I Am
5.- Birds of Prey
6.- Walk Away
7.- Keep on singing my song
8.- Monday Morning
9.- Without You
10.- Genie 2.0

GaGa

1.- Heavy Metal Lover
2.- Dance in the Dark
3.- Papparazzi
4.- Bad Romance
5.- You & I
6.- Edge of Glory
7.- Fashion of his love
8.- Bad Kids
9.- Telephone
10.- Schiesse

Britney Spears

1.- Early Mornin'
2.- Breathe On Me
3.- Everytime
4.- Born to make you happy
5.- Piece of Me
6.- Get Naked
7.- I wanna go
8.- Touch of my hand
9.- Unusual You
10.- Till The World Ends

Rihanna

1.- We Found Love (FAV SONG EVER TBH)
2.- Cold Case Love
3.- Good Girl Gone Bad
4.- Man Down
5.- What's My Name
6.- Talk That Talk
7.- Only Girl
8.- Birthday Cake
9.- Hard
10.- G4L

Bladenic

Talk that Talk at six? Here for it. Love that song. Wished it would've smashed.

Also I know I'm late but I was reading the last few pages and I noticed Koodo trying to defend Gaga getting her lips done and saying Born This Way wasn't about appearance except skin color but otherwise the personage. Ummm, yeah the title says it all. Obviously the message was you should be happy with how you were BORN and not try to change or worry about how you look. Gaga should really follow her message.

*Born this Way was also a terrible hammy and narm filled song with incredibly overbearing lyrics that beat you over the head with a fucking tree with the "message." It's a good thing the song was otherwise catchy else I wouldn't have put up with that shit.

Please let Gaga go back to Fame/Monster ways, not this new hypocritical "Mother" shit.

Kyon

Banned
I'm gonna start stanning. Sorry Carrie. I CANT I'M LITERALLY CRYING.

FUCK! Britney wrote such a beautiful song and composed such a great melody.

Majmun

Never knew Britney wrote songs before you posted that long response full of receipts.

Brit's a pretty talented songwriter, yes.

ioAueIvz4Y6y1.gif

Kyon

Banned
It's good people know. Such underrated talent. She did write every song on Britney except 2. And same with ITZ PLUS she was executive producer.

Artistney needs to make her return.

ioAueIvz4Y6y1.gif

Not here for her only writing one song
on Femme Fatale. (though writing songs doesn't exactly matter and shouldn't matter but ITZ remains the best album and era/tour because she was in complete artistic control) "Scary" is great. Thank God I imported the Japan deluxe version of FF just so I can have it

ioAueIvz4Y6y1.gif

Majmun

Time for my Britney top 10:

01. Phonography
02. Gimme More
03. Break the Ice
04. Get Naked
05. Perfect Lover
06. Big Fat Bass
07. Slave 4 you
08. Everytime
09. Born to make you happy
10. Toy Soldier

Never listened to her first four albums. Only know the singles. That's why my lists is mostly Blackout/Circus/Femme Fatale material

Good thing she released Blackout, otherwise I'd still ignore her. And that would be such a shame.

ioAueIvz4Y6y1.gif

Mau ®

She wrote more than one song on FF but she doesnt ask for credit unless she took a big part in the songwriting process.

Our fave is so humble, Kyon.

ioAueIvz4Y6y1.gif

Majmun

I think she looks cute when she's crying. Leave her alone

ivMSKRMQ62Slc.gif

And I'm liking this Everytime moment we're having. Thanks for reminding us, Lardson

ibpJoLSTtCBx52.gif

Kyon

Banned
She wrote more than one song on FF but she doesnt ask for credit unless she took a big part in the songwriting process.

Our fave is so humble, Kyon.

ioAueIvz4Y6y1.gif

Yeah i know im just talking about the one that made the cut. Which she does have say which songs go on her albums.Which song writer was the one that talked about brit not taking co writing credit? Cant pull the quote im on mobile #flop

Majmun

Top 10 Xtina

01. Hurt
02. Walk Away
03. A Voice Within
04. Beautiful
05. F.U.S.S.
06. Back in the Day
07. Without You
08. Understand
09. Oh Mother
10. You Lost Me

Yeah, I'm basically only a fan of her ballads/slower songs. She ABSOLUTELY NAILS those.

Top 10 Gaga

01. Paparazzi
02. Telephone
03. Reloaded
04. Bloody Mary
05. Lovegame
06. Just Dance
07. Poker Face
08. Sheisse
09. Heavy Metal Lover
10. Electric Chapel

Cynosure

Summerboy, The Queen.... come here

tumblr_lt6iq5ouyc1qds1uqo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_lhjmsmyT621qz9t7yo1_500.gif
fQQbK.png

She looks bad in that gif though lol

vJAtg.jpg

VewvR.png

The gift that keeps on giving!

http://youtu.be/sG-qH-4oUKY

I don't like it, tbh. It's a little too slow. I like Britney's version better
gSBUm.png

bBt Kelly's voice is sublime there. I love that song and it's really nice hearing a singer's take on it
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

my fav Britney ballad would have been this hidden diamond of a jem that was never released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBPg2p4Jp9M

the lyrics, the melody....

ioAueIvz4Y6y1.gif

Majmun

Don't think she's delusional. Xtina has the better voice. No one can deny that.

Britney was always the better performer, though. Especially during her peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom