• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

who the hell is Jessie Ware

excella-gionne_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

Nemesis_

2192719-madonna-tel-aviv-tour-performing-617-409.jpg

BOX OFFICE NUMBERS ARE IN

MADONNA
$49,545,712
May 31-July 4
Ramat Gan Stadium, Tel Aviv (1/1)
du Arena, Abu Dhabi (2/2)
Türk Telekom Arena, Istanbul (1/1)
Stadio Olimpico, Rome (1/1)
Stadio San Siro, Milan (1/1)
Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence (1/1)
Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona (2/2)
Estádio Cidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal (1/1)
O2 World, Berlin (2/2)
Parken Stadion, Copenhagen (1/1)
Ullevi Stadion, Gothenburg, Sweden (1/1)
417,448 (417,448)

2 LADY GAGA
$23,691,507
June 7-July 3
Vector Arena, Auckland (3/3)
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane (3/3)
Allphones Arena, Sydney (4/4)
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne (5/5)
180,498 (180,498)

http://www.billboard.com/news#/events/hot-tours-madonna-lady-gaga-cirque-du-soleil-1007586552.story

Trigger

Even failures can be entertaining tho.

Q9LHM.gif

Excited for the Dark Knight Rises. It's the light at the end of my summer school tunnel.

Styles

It supposedly sounds like Marvin's Room. #FlawlessnessIncoming

P.S. I actually feel kinda bad for your faves. They can do nothing in the face of the oncoming tidal wave. They're just gonna get swept up like everyone else.

bji8r.gif

She will be assassinating their favs under the radar.
c3ed7b23.gif

No impressions from the lucky people who got to hear her single?

Taylor is TRYING us.
ed2305b7.png

--

Sad that I wasn't there for OT1's farewells.
noparty.gif

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'm talking about some hardcore, batshit insane, catch-a-grenade stans. Or is she irrelevant?

Nemesis_

I'm talking about some hardcore, batshit insane, catch-a-grenade stans. Or is she irrelevant?

She kind of disappeared then judged The Voice UK. I guess that was enough for her to RETIRE. Pretty sure it flopped too, much like MOST versions of THE VOICE but I can't be too sure.

She might come back with a new album, but who knows when.

Bladenic

Irrelevant really. Which isn't to say that she hasn't had some hits though.

I do remember seeing someone call her Jesus J but I can't recall who or when or where.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That's a valid opinion. Although...

050412-the-avengers.jpg

And Dark Knight of course but you've made clear your distaste for that already.

The Avengers was great but I enjoyed Spider-man 2 more.

I would personally say my top 3 is

1. Spider-man 2
2. X-Men: First Class
3. Batman

Bladenic

The Avengers was great but I enjoyed Spider-man 2 more.

I would personally say my top 3 is

1. Spider-man 2
2. X-Men: First Class
3. Batman

Yet to see First Class STILL. Ugh need to get on that. The third film was so atrocious. But then again so was Spider-man 3.

Edit: UGH I NEED TO SEE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN UGH UGH UGH. Emma Stone is so amazing.

Though Nem you seem more interested in Andrew Garfield LOL #mancrush

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I haven't seen The Amazing Spider-man but my friend said that basically the only standout aspect is Andrew Garfield. I still really want to see it though.

First Class was excellent. Fassbender gets a lot of the nods from GAF but I thought that McAvoy turned in his equal as Xavier. Plus the whole thing was a bit campy and enormously entertaining.

Nemesis_

Edit: UGH I NEED TO SEE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN UGH UGH UGH. Emma Stone is so amazing.

Though Nem you seem more interested in Andrew Garfield LOL #mancrush

tumblr_m6wjm0zFz71raoa7po1_500.gif

yes tbh

Their chemistry is greater than what AWKWARD DORK and GRANDMA FACE gave us in the original trilogy. Let's hope it doesn't turn to shit. I will admit the villain was a bit plain but at the same time they had to keep things fresh from the original trilogy, so there wasn't much they could do (plus I'm sure we'll get some more reimaginings in future films anyway, if post-credits scene is anything to go by.)

tumblr_m763unSqRe1qmxbato1_500.gif

Yet to see First Class STILL. Ugh need to get on that. The third film was so atrocious. But then again so was Spider-man 3.

Yeah, don't associate any of the original trilogy with First Class, which is definitely in it's own league. I only wish they didn't use so many throwaway flop mutants, but I guess they had to mix things up a bit. I also cannot stand January Jones though I think we've had this argument before in the DJ Room =P I'm sure there are INFINITELY MORE BEAUTIFUL actresses that could've done Emma Frost justice tbh

the-18-different-acting-expressions-of-january-jo-29029-1288312809-116.jpg

Styles

Garfield and Stone's performance was the only thing that stood out from TASM, tbh. They had amazing chemistry(probably why they started dating). And apart from the OST, everything else about the film was mediocre to average at best.

P.S. They make such a cute couple IRL.

Bladenic

tumblr_m6wjm0zFz71raoa7po1_500.gif

yes tbh

Their chemistry is greater than what AWKWARD DORK and GRANDMA FACE gave us in the original trilogy. Let's hope it doesn't turn to shit. I will admit the villain was a bit plain but at the same time they had to keep things fresh from the original trilogy, so there wasn't much they could do (plus I'm sure we'll get some more reimaginings in future films anyway, if post-credits scene is anything to go by.)

tumblr_m763unSqRe1qmxbato1_500.gif

Yeah, don't associate any of the original trilogy with First Class, which is definitely in it's own league. I only wish they didn't use so many throwaway flop mutants, but I guess they had to mix things up a bit. I also cannot stand January Jones though I think we've had this argument before in the DJ Room =P I'm sure there are INFINITELY MORE BEAUTIFUL actresses that could've done Emma Frost justice tbh

the-18-different-acting-expressions-of-january-jo-29029-1288312809-116.jpg

It's okay, I did too after Social Network. Probably will again after this movie. I'm jealous he nabbed Goddess Stone though.

And I agree. Garfield and Stone are so much more interesting (and way better looking) than Tobey Maguire (whom I can't stand, the fact that he's Nick in Great Gatsby, just EW) and Kirsten Dunst (she simultaneously manages to both look extremely young and extremely old for her age).

Also I like January Jones. Incredibly beautiful. Although only movie of hers I seen was Unknown, which she seemed fine in tbh. And she was always perfect as Betty Draper, but that might be her star role. A clip I seen of her as Emma Frost was awful.

Nemesis_

I forgot about Unknown! I suppose she was OKAY in that though it kind of ruined the twist when you consider things about HER and WHO SHE IS MEANT TO BE WITH. Diane Kruger is much better looking tbh

SaintZ

January Jones is the only bad part about First Class. She looks the part but her acting sucked big time. I wonder if she's gonna return for the sequel with all the baby drama between her and the director. I liked The Amazing Spiderman waaaay better than any of the Raimi ones. Gwen is great, smart and useful unlike fucking MJ. How can Emma be any more perfect? Luv ha.

Nemesis_

January Jones is the only bad part about First Class. She looks the part but her acting sucked big time. I wonder if she's gonna return for the sequel with all the baby drama between her and the director. I liked The Amazing Spiderman waaaay better than any of the Raimi ones. Gwen is great, smart and useful unlike fucking MJ. How can Emma be any more perfect? Luv ha.

I see no lies.

ivKMjWh2PgFkM.gif

The thing I cannot stand with Spiderman 2 (which for some reason is regarded to be the best) is how halfway through everything stops to focus on the relationship between the DORK and the GRANDMA. It was just so jarring and unnecessary. I also hate them both as actors.

iuYwTGjbBlsOS.gif

Molina made a great Doc Ock, though.

3Ilfv.jpg

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
A Garfield-Stone sex scene would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom