• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

He's gonna get so much puss now.

tumblr_m781c9ltEx1r4pk8t.gif

LOL

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The thing I cannot stand with Spiderman 2 (which for some reason is regarded to be the best) is how halfway through everything stops to focus on the relationship between the DORK and the GRANDMA. It was just so jarring and unnecessary. I also hate them both as actors.
You mean when it took the time out to make its characters more than just two dimensional muscled lumps? That's precisely what made Spider-man 2 so good.

Agree on Doc Oc tho. Inspired casting, masterful acting.

I WILL NOT DIE A MONSTER

Bladenic

Spider-Man 3 wasn't nearly as bad as people think.

apShJ.gif

Yeah, I do.

It wasn't as bad as people thought... It was worse

tumblr_m6vjkf1Ymg1qc9x3h.gif

Bless Andrew Godfield and Goddess Stone for breathing life to a franchise ruined by a horrific third installment and ugly and bad actors with no chemistry to make their romance plausible.

I haven't actually seen the film yet, but I'm certain I will love it.

Nemesis_

You will Chris sis. Like I said before, villain is a bit weak but everything else is great. Particularly love the character development and the overarching story they are setting up for the trilogy

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'll probably try and see Spider-man tomorrow but given the characters in this thread who are praising it to high heaven I'll keep my expectations suitably lowered.

Bladenic

Chris why do you always seem ... so angry?
iWEbX0pB95tNz.gif

tumblr_m572nwm0pP1qhjrp9o2_250.gif

I exagerrate lol i'm actually very hard to upset irl and I'm usually happy smiling and cheerful. So I like to have fun and play it up on here. Not sure why you thought I was angry anyway though.

And godel, likewise. After your shade against Dark Knight I trust not anything you like. Actually wait... I already didn't LOL.

laugh.gif

Am I the only one in here who doesn't care about Batman or Spiderman? Don't see the appeal

Bro... Icant tbh

tumblr_m6u70k8dCS1r5rvd6.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
http://www.wwd.com/media-news/fashion-memopad/hms-torch-song-duet-6083284?src=rss/media/20120717

. Speculation about indie chanteuse Lana Del Rey fronting H&M’s fall fashion campaign reached a fever pitch in June, but the Swedish retailer has remained mum on the subject. Until now. H&M on Monday confirmed to WWD that Del Rey will indeed be the global face of H&M’s fall advertising — with a second campaign planned for winter. Del Rey’s retro look —Sixties-inspired minidresses and long “ironed” hair has invited comparisons to Priscilla Presley’s early days with Elvis. It has not gone unnoticed by the fashion industry. Mulberry named a handbag after the singer and she was signed in January by Next modeling agency; Del Rey landed on the cover of Vogue in March. The H&M gig is her first modeling job.

Lana and my fave store <3

Mau ®

For anyone interested...

NO DOUBT - Settle Down: 5.515

Pretty good debut. I feel it will hit a wall tho. The song really doesn't know its format. I dont see pop stations picking it up. Maybe Rythmic will...

There arent many rock ska stations either lol

NICKI MINAJ - Pound The Alarm: 5.128 (+ 0.086)

Wasnt it sent to radio yesterday or something?

If she flops on pop it'll be the end of ha. Urban hates her.

Nemesis_

They are US figures right? Not that I am a huge fan of her, but she's doing quite well here.

Her music isn't what I would call a masterpiece, that's true. But it IS mindless fun club banger kind of music ;_;

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't recall every having said not being popular was a sign of quality. I said that I quite like the fact that Robyn plays small venues means that I can get a cheap ticket and get close to the front easily.

That's quite aside from the fact that none of my faves are exactly tiny obscure acts. Kylie is one of the biggest pop stars in the world, Girls Aloud have a World Record in testament to their success, and Scissor Sisters have had number one albums and singles*. I know that theyre not in the league of embarking on world stadium tours but none of this screams 'obscure and indie'.

Once again the pressed lessers of the thread are trying to snatch a wig that's so far out of their grasp that even Icarus would warn them against overreaching.

*In the UK, which as anyone knows is the TASTEMAKER of the world.

Mau ®

They are US figures right? Not that I am a huge fan of her, but she's doing quite well here.

Her music isn't what I would call a masterpiece, that's true. But it IS mindless fun club banger kind of music ;_;

Yep US airplay updates.

Usually if something is a hit in Australia it'll be a hit WW. Aussie Lands seem to be the main testing ground for singles :p

I like Pound The Alarm actually. But radio is not picking it up and its not breaking the itunes 100 despite good promo so far.

Nemesis_

Usually if something is a hit in Australia it'll be a hit WW. Aussie Lands seem to be the main testing ground for singles :p

EcSNx.gif

I like Pound The Alarm actually. But radio is not picking it up and its not breaking the itunes 100 despite good promo so far.

Ahh, right. We only have five radio stations here - two pop, one "classics", another "all rounder" and an indie channel.

I usually listen to one of the pops or the indie one, and whenever I'm in the car, at least ONCE per trip Pound the Alarm will play. It must be doing really well.

The public reaction to Starships when I was last out was RIDICULOUSLY ENTHUSIASTIC. It's also when I became a fan *.*

Majmun

I'm actually glad it's a ballad. Xtina really shines in those.

I really hope it's true. Bee & Xtina...don't think I can handle. It will be so epic

ibkN4ubNzKFm4m.gif

Mau ®

Shakira is banging Pique. She won at the game called LIFE.

Also she's working with LMFAO, Afrojack, RedOne, Skrillex for her next english album.

Ch..

EDIT: The track with Pitbull FLOPPED so hard. Im shocked at just how bad. Like wow.

Bladenic

Shakira is banging Pique. She won at the game called LIFE.

Also she's working with LMFAO, Afrojack, RedOne, Skrillex for her next english album.

Ch..

Gross. Besides RedOne. Sigh, flop incoming. Oh well, Sale el Sol was flawless so i suppose it's only natural to follow up with a flop album aimed at the American audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom