• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sis, we can't win. CaCa has had SMASH singles (less than RiRi, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift), SMASH albums (sold at 99 cents) and INCREDIBLE CULTURAL IMPACT (using a blueprint copy of a true cultural icon).

Madonna Says She'll Share a Stage with Lady Gaga

Showsec-at-MDNA-UK-Tour-Hyde-Park.jpg

QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82sDljZCnrnlxT2_-Qiv-K1wjwC5iLqkvlPFAu0DtUkpUZPpIKYzpsVS8mcoAhMEeuOL1rIrroNAMiL_364v8rSVAJtU9VBn-oIR1g1iAmxiS-DLm126AsXRwQ.jpg

Sharing is caring.

Hahahahahaha

She should've stuck with the Sticky & Sweet stage she "borrowed" for her car park show. They're probably just using Madonna's custom-built XL stage so they can lower the capacity of her venues.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Sis, we can't win. CaCa has had SMASH singles (less than RiRi, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift), SMASH albums (sold at 99 cents) and INCREDIBLE CULTURAL IMPACT (using the blueprint copy of a true cultural icon).

Madonna Says She'll Share a Stage with Lady Gaga

Showsec-at-MDNA-UK-Tour-Hyde-Park.jpg

QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82sDljZCnrnlxT2_-Qiv-K1wjwC5iLqkvlPFAu0DtUkpUZPpIKYzpsVS8mcoAhMEeuOL1rIrroNAMiL_364v8rSVAJtU9VBn-oIR1g1iAmxiS-DLm126AsXRwQ.jpg

Sharing is caring.

Who saw the Lady Gaga concert in Brazil will notice the similarity between the stage she and Madonna are dividing in Latin America. Madge fans came to insinuate that she would borrow the structure to rival, but Jake Barry, director of the tour "MDNA" clarifies that about 384 tons of steel "is not neither." "It belongs to the company Stage Co. Neither Live Nation [producer of the show and 'mistress' Madonna] has money to have a structure of these" jokes.

According to him, the choice for sharing the structure was aimed at reducing the costs of production of the two tours, and logistics issues. "We have four stages traveling the world aboard four Boeing 747.'s The River is going to Porto Alegre. And this one will go to Buenos Aires.

http://musica.uol.com.br/noticias/r...em-de-lady-gaga-diz-diretor-da-turne-mdna.htm

Keep trying it with the unreliable receipts hun

ibqCGgdQZAZBpC.gif

He tried to fight it early on :3

Bless ha for becoming one of us

Was Waffles always this adorable and hilarious? :3

Bless you <3

Also bless hag stans. Their ability to ignore Mumei's smack down is truly awe inspiring. Also explains how they managed to ignore their fav's fall into musical irrelevancy whose only claim to fame is selling tickets to her traveling circus.....

Poor dears.
i2tEqNxgPbPOw.gif

Here it is for those that missed it.
The tour receipts argument is indeed weak. Madonna should have significantly better touring numbers given her history as a touring act, her deep discography, her pop culture status, and her larger international success. This is why other legacy acts who are not relevant to today's musical scene also do incredibly well when they go on tour, though none are quite as big as Madonna.

But it doesn't mean that she is more relevant to today's musical scene than Lady Gaga, and no amount of unflattering pictures will change that fact. And no, a platinum album riding off of the success of her status and Super Bowl performance does not make her relevant, no more than Whitney was relevant in 2009 when I Look to You went platinum.

Oh, if they didnt like Gaga's concert imagine what they thought about the hag's
iGbrctk0TGFKc.gif

I see this selective quoting...

But if we are going to talk about content, it is similar. Gaga hardly says anything Madonna didn't say 25 years ago.

Freedom, bravery and sex=Good. Freedom, bravery and sex between two people of the same sex= if possible even better. Not-freedom and religious dogmas= Ugh!

These are easy things to agree with, but Madonna said the same things with more, and less tacky, hits in her catalog.

But I have a feeling that she is a less interesting pop-artist than many of us had hoped for. Lady Gaga so often praised for being “original”, is mostly very un-original.
iNfLPy1cd3z5r.gif

The XL stage was initially developed for Madonna, who performed in Hyde Park as part of her MDNA World tour two days after Hard Rock Calling. With these tight time constraints in mind Stageco installed the XL stage into Hyde Park for use by both Hard Rock Calling and Wireless Festival. Stageco’s logistical team provided reconfigurations and alterations to ensure the stage was best suited for the festivals, audiences and the artists performing.

As Pho mentioned, GaGa's South American leg was such a money sinker than they had to borrow stages and parking lots as they went along.

Nemesis_

Can young ppl afford to go see Madonna, or do they just wait, frothing at the mouth, for cell phone recorded concerts to hit youtube? Anyone who frequents the DJ room knows the answer to this.

Well to be fair I would've attended if she made a stop in Australia. Just so I could see it.

I'm going to Rih and Pink too kiiiiiiii (if they come)

I wish Rocket would put a bit more effort into her shade then she wouldn't embarrass herself.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Can young ppl afford to go see Madonna, or do they just wait for cell phone recorded concerts to hit youtube? Anyone who frequents the DJ room knows the answer to this.

I don't think young people CARE for Madonna.
i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif

I mean, it's pretty obvious that her current career is running on complete nostalgia.
i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif

MDNA certainly could not have attracted that many people to her tour shows.
i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif

Koodo

Banned
Perhaps pulling out a receipt that has STICKY GARBAJ's gargantuan visage plastered across the screens was not a good idea to PROVE A POINT, as its gluteoplastic digital presence mere feet from Mad-onna is an accurate representation of how the Hag's artistic integrity was left to rot in the Cretaceous period.

i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif
They do, IDK how many times we watched the opening of the MDNA tour in the plug room. Or how many times ppl got force skipped or removed from the booth every time they found a new angle, or a longer/clearer cut.

i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif
Maybe its more about being a proven act that puts on consistently good shows. Even the folks who tout Gaga as the 2nd coming here, play Madonna in the plug room more than her.

i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif

I mean, it's pretty obvious that her current career is running on complete nostalgia.
i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif

i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif

Shhhh remember tour receipts is the last leg Madge stans have to stand on :(

I mean its not like they can talk about her music success, her awards, or her radio presence anymore. If touring goes all they will have left to live for is posting ugly pics of other artists to show that in fact, it is possible for someone to look worse than Madonna.

Well that and finding creative ways of rhyming curse words with artists names....but that can only keep them entertained for well....8 or so hours a day.

What shall they do with the other 16 hours?
UZbae.gif

A tragedy in the making.

Nemesis_

They do, IDK how many times we watched the opening of the MDNA tour in the plug room. Or how many times ppl got force skipped or removed from the booth every time they found a new angle, or a longer/clearer cut.

JgX1t.gif

Your point is that nobody wants to pay money for MDNA.

wVBbT.gif

I don't know why you're arguing against yourself.

pscZ1.gif

This feels like home :3 I really missed u sluts.

Dragging aside,does anyone know how to fix gifs on chrome? I'd be here more often if I could see the gif/shades working properly.

Why do people think only old people go to Madge concerts?

Do you really think it's grannies with their cellphones who post her concert vids on Youtube?
i2nuLpPWmsWbV.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

I mean its not like they can talk about her music success, her awards, or he radio presence anymore. If touring goes all they will have left to live for is posting ugly pics of other artists to show that in fact, it is possible for someone to look worse than Madonna.

Well that and finding creative ways of rhyming curse words with artists names....but that can only keep them entertained for well....8 or so hours a day.

UZbae.gif

A tragedy in the making.

your posts are killing me

ibeOBLGZW1X8zw.gif

I mean its not like they can talk about her music success, her awards, or he radio presence anymore. If touring goes all they will have left to live for is posting ugly pics of other artists to show that in fact, it is possible for someone to look worse than Madonna.

Tours don't matter, apparently. Remind me to file that away for future reference.

Oh.

madonna-vs-elton-01-golden-globes-2012.gif

madonna-vs-elton-golden-globes-2012.gif

Nostalgia act!

tumblr_mf5bwlLNYU1r9hlymo2_500.jpg

No music success!

We could sit here all day discussing Madonna's myriad of achievements in 2012. Could we do the same for Taylor Swift? Inoffensive white girl peddling middle-of-the-road tosh sold a shit load in its first week, but nobody will remember in 5 years.

Diamonds on the other hand. TIMELESS CLASSIC.

Trigger

A tragedy in the making.

Read them their rights.
civf1.gif

Your point is that nobody wants to pay money for MDNA.
I don't know why you're arguing against yourself.
ibu4gNxoZLAsmT.gif

How is that my point when its the #1 tour?
My point was that maybe young people can't afford the tickets, but are still clamoring to see it. You all stan for Gaga because its a fiscally viable choice.

iJhFgDZtsbiAO.gif

Nemesis_

ibu4gNxoZLAsmT.gif

How is that my point when its the #1 tour?
My point was that maybe young people can't afford the tickets, but are still clamoring to see it. You all stan for Gaga because its a fiscally viable choice.

iJhFgDZtsbiAO.gif

Are people actually attending the MDNA tour for songs from MDNA though? Let's be honest. She closes with Like A Prayer and Celebration.

Do you actually think I choose who I stan for based on whether or not I could afford to see them on tour?

There are no words or GIFs

Tours don't matter, apparently. Remind me to file that away for future reference.

Oh.

Nostalgia act!

No music success!

Just because people are willing to pay to see something doesn't make it a success.

People also line up and pay to see this....Artistic success?

Its actually an apt comparison me thinks. There is more than a passing resemblance.

Wafflecakes has inspired me

let me go back to Zayn as my avi
iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

until Gaga announces something

<3

Nemesis_

I was writing a response and then died at the file name: "assets-2012_80_year_old_Cecilia_Gimenez_wasn___t_happy_with_how_long_it_was_taking_to_restore____Ecce_Homo____in_her_church_in_Spain__so_she_took_out_her_brush_and_went_to_work._374620986.jpg

I was writing a response and then died at the file name: "assets-2012_80_year_old_Cecilia_Gimenez_wasn___t_happy_with_how_long_it_was_taking_to_restore____Ecce_Homo____in_her_church_in_Spain__so_she_took_out_her_brush_and_went_to_work._374620986.jpg

Cecilia Gimenez, Queen of Pop.

I cannot reconcile all these highfalutin ideals.... and One Direction stanning. Like you talk a good game, and it's kinda easy to see where you're coming from. But.. One Direction...

ibgAK1aSNKI08o.gif

The 1D stanning is positively nauseating D:

So one note. I mean....even Madge can hit 4/5 notes in tune when performing live. Her stans need some vocal training.

May I remind you:
The tour receipts argument is indeed weak. Madonna should have significantly better touring numbers given her history as a touring act, her deep discography, her pop culture status, and her larger international success. This is why other legacy acts who are not relevant to today's musical scene also do incredibly well when they go on tour, though none are quite as big as Madonna.

But it doesn't mean that she is more relevant to today's musical scene than Lady Gaga, and no amount of unflattering pictures will change that fact. And no, a platinum album riding off of the success of her status and Super Bowl performance does not make her relevant, no more than Whitney was relevant in 2009 when I Look to You went platinum.

The authority has already found your tour receipts inadmissible in court.

i7qjTO44AsXKX.gif

Your need MORE evidence kind sir!

So one note. I mean....even Madge can hit 4/5 notes in tune when performing live. Her stans need some vocal training.

May I remind you:

The authority has already found your tour receipts inadmissible in court.

Your need MORE evidence kind sir!

Who is Mumei tho? Just a hooker with a red name. lol.

ibiMwNDV2bq93G.gif

Yes run and hide behind the illusion that your fav's are less disposable or more talented than mine. I know when an argument is won and the opposition is cornered. Do not think I don't notice that whenever faced with even slight opposition Madge fans run and hide behind paper thin tour receipts already shone to have little impact on whether or not an artist is relevant.

There are no frail legs left to stand on.

I am here. I am ready. I am waiting.
ib0DUVNTxCAQWr.gif

LOL Mods can be horribly wrong too.
Evilore

Thanks NemSis. I CAN SEE THE GIFS *o*

I like your spirit Waffles, you're ok in my book.

Mumei

I support this anti-1D motion, and apparently according to one of their stans this now means that it is Pop-GAF law that they are odious.

Splendid.

I support this anti-1D motion, and apparently according to one of their stans this now means that it is Pop-GAF law that they are odious.

Splendid.

Poor poor modmei.

If we only were allowed to discuss acts you liked in this thread.........we would still be in OT1. As has already been well established.....you have some sort of mutant allergy which causes you to beak into hives at the sight of a relevant artist. I feel for you I really do.

...but you must accept this and move on.

ibdbKO9fa9dPqP.gif

It will be hard, but we will make it through this, together.

Your reaction to 1D is encouraging.....if you are THIS averse to them.....they must be more relevant than ever. Thank you Mumei.....you have put my mind at ease

Yes run and hide behind the illusion that your fav's are less disposable or more talented than mine.

Is it an illusion though? They were literally formed on a Reality TV competition they weren't going to win. Madonna can be all the old irrelevant bitches you want her to be. But she won't have those facts attached to her resume. I'm glad you have Mumei on your side of the tour receipt debate. But I ask you, what better metric to measure relevancy that the direct transfer of currency from fan to artist? If more people come to see me than you, and in turn give me more money than they give you, wouldn't that make me more relevant than you are?

ibgjcpNJBmDkdo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom