• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

State of Grace is an amazing trip that should last 10 minutes instead of 5

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

You come around and the armor falls
Pierce the room like a cannon ball
Now all we know is don't let go
We are alone, just you and me
Up in your room and our slates are clean
Just twin fire signs, four blue eyes

So you were never a saint
And I’ve loved in shades of wrong
We learn to live with the pain
Mosaic broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

Pfft...the production and build-up in the goddamn Lotus Intro is better than that overlong mess State of Grace.

The gorgeous tribal chant buildup, the pulsing and ever-present bassline, the triumphant eruption with the strings in the end...By the time you get to the end you feel like you've taken a journey, and the album hasn't even started yet. Lotus Intro achieves everything State of Disgrace tries to and in damn near half the time.

Ugh...seriously...the vocal layering and buildup in Lotus Intro is fucking genius. Listening again and I still can't.

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

I would agree Lotus Intro has a slight edge over State of Grace (though on second listen its not AS disappointing as it was when I was reviewing it......).

It is simply too long for what it is and that breaks the spell.

I don't give a shit how good or bad a song is......every song has its sweet spot length wise....and SOG misses it.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Stefan™;45767863 said:

So you were never a saint
And I’ve loved in shades of wrong
We learn to live with the pain
Mosaic broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild

This part right here and then again when its repeated below the last chorus

#heaven
is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

royalan

"I feel Dionne's voice is just that of an old negro. You know sometimes when she holds a note I hear the faint sizzling of a hotcomb..."

#DEAD

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I am getting back into C'Mon for the impending 2013 slayage

C'mon 'cause I know what I like
And you're looking just like my type
Let's go for it just for tonight
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon
Now don't even try to deny
We're both going home satisfied
Let's go for it just for tonight
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon

iJxLxDX0H9xgX.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Stay needs to be the next single since its already doing well. Then "Nobody's business". If they're still talking in a few months.

Actually I'm fine with NB first. A performance at the Grammys would slay.

royalan

Look at her: head lowered, walking dutifully behind him and graciously accepting his benevolent forgiveness of her past transgressions. She has seen the strong man that he is and the error of her foolish, feminine ways. She won't speak out of turn next time.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Look at her: head lowered, walking dutifully behind him and graciously accepting his benevolent forgiveness of her past transgressions. She has seen the strong man that he is and the error of her foolish, feminine ways. She won't speak out of turn next time.

I love reading your fan-fiction.

botty

Banned

I'm done.
i1cwsiF7Mfhxe.gif

lol Roy......your interpretations are hilarious. So unnecessarily ruthless.

iWkaQ45Nwf4br.gif

Never, ever, change.

Artemisia

Banned

bye

iohugytfghbjn

hiIM6.gif
Cant Be Tamed is my shit and yall will deal, such a flawless pop album

I C...

i3FPoQyP49JUd.gif

Honestly I never really listened to her albums so I can't comment. She has a few songs I enjoy though.

I C you inventing shade. Its better than your last Zayn and the Gaga that preceded it....nothing in my post said either of those avatars was bad.

Artemisia

Banned

royalan

It's not uncommon for up-and-comers to pick fights with established people in the industry to gain some cred. But Azealia STAYS picking on people who could legitimately block her. So damn stupid...

Get off twitter and get on your grind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom