• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
tgfcH.jpg

Christmastina Mommylera
Xulnq.gif

Bless her.

ec20fb7f.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
State of Grace is a #TryHard attempt to replicate The Cranberries, but it lacks the subtle brilliance of their sound and goes on way too damn long.

The Cranberries slayed and even the last album which isnt the strongest was good *.*

State of Grace is a #TryHard attempt to replicate The Cranberries, but it lacks the subtle brilliance of their sound and goes on way too damn long.

I had a similar impression.

I found it funny how hard people came for my review.....yours was far more critical overall.

My reviews are always as honest as possible if nothing else. Though obviously they are opinions.

Bladenic

ileLIO3rEC3cF.gif

I get that everything in Popgaf is exaggerated, but the notion that everyone be super pressed about Chris Brown is laughable. I cannot give Chris any extra thought than I do any other celebrity that does something vile.

I think the constant reference's to Rihanna getting her ass whooped are at best silly, and worse the lowest thing possible. I shouldn't be surprised though, from a group who likes to make crashing airplane gifs, and giggle about Aaliyah dying.

Wait... Who giggled about Aaliyah's death?

Vazra

I need to Review Red and Glassheart but I want a new format for my reviews so I guess I'll skip them until I come up with my new format.

Satch

Banned
Sex for Breakfast and the accompanying Morning Dessert intro are the only good things about Bionic tho

Oh and the live version of Lift Me Up.

could you imagine a whole xtina alberm like Morning Dessert and Sex For Breakfast
swwBo.png

the harmonies
swwBo.png

i cant
swwBo.png

and people dont like Desnudate? bye

botty

Banned
could you imagine a whole xtina alberm like Morning Dessert and Sex For Breakfast
swwBo.png

the harmonies
swwBo.png

i cant
swwBo.png

and people dont like Desnudate? bye

It really is a shame that the severely pressed have prevented The Legend's music from reaching more ears.

But it's always good to see more people being blessed by her music.

iwWBptYt4UyWf.gif

Mau ®

I didnt like Sex for Breakfast or Morning Dessert but this line (dont know which song it comes from) had me LOLing so hard when I first hear it in my car:

And when the morning comes
I know that I will too

kiiiii

Vazra

I didnt like Sex for Breakfast or Morning Dessert but this line (dont know which song it comes from) had me LOLing so hard when I first hear it in my car:

And when the morning comes
I know that I will too

kiiiii

Cheers to dat Xtina.

Artemisia

Banned
Wanna give an attempt at explaining to me what you see in State of Grace?

I am willing to give it another shot but I want to go into it with a different mindset to make sure I am giving it a fair chance.

State of Grace is absolutely flawless.

The mid tempo drums that start the song off immediately catch and hold your interest the whole way though. The extended breaks between the verses only add to the triumphant and grand mood of the song. The subtlety she adds in the song is outstanding as well. Everything quiets down as she sings "we are alone just you and me, up in your room and our slates are clean" emphasizes the intimacy she wants to evoke. There's also the 'whoa oh' chants in the background of the second and final explosive chorus. The final lines of the song are so powerful and touching too "Love is a ruthless game Unless you play it good and right..." Just gushing about the song makes me want to listen to it on repeat ;_;

ZHx6h.gif

Just when everyone thought that Taylor Swift was regressing to basic catchy pop tunes, she drops this incredible track, further confirming that she's capable of astronomical heights when she puts her mind to it. State of Grace firmly plants Swift on a musical plane much higher than her contemporaries, and certainly higher than One Direction and Christina Aguilera.

Bye
RED on iTunes.

isTkkITR40RoS.gif

It only happens in the plug room. You'd ask them girls that collect pastebins for later use.
I don't know why anyone would shade Aaliyah to be honest. Except for you, no one here likely had any real exposure to her music when she was still alive.

I just can't think of anything bad to say about her, really.

Mumei

It's not inconsistent. It's that I don't need to explain ad infinium that I dislike him and think he's vile. I've made that known on multiple occasions, and I don't need to come for Chris every time he's brought up in this thread because I'd be repeating myself all the time. You're not pressed if you dislike her, you're pressed if it's always the same stale dragging about the abuse that some (read: B-dex and pupi) bring up all the time in the thread.

UM I have made posts about not being on board with this relationship. Not just on this thread but on other OTs and threads.

I've come to terms with it and Im not gonna keep saying I hate him just because. It wont change things.

There's nothing inconsistent about that.

I guess there is a thin line between being happy that she seems happy and being happy that she's with him, when the two seem conflated in these circumstances. And until these posts, I really couldn't tell that you don't approve; it seemed like you do.

the harmonies on Sex For Breakfast
swwBo.png

Bionictina Slowjamuilera take me awaaaaaaaaaaay
swwBo.png

why do we hate Bionic again
swwBo.png

Sex For Breakfast shits
swwBo.png

im #crie
swwBo.png

Christina is great when she sings stuff like that.

Mau ®

The mid tempo drums that start the song off immediately catch and hold your interest the whole way though. The extended breaks between the verses only add to the triumphant and grand mood of the song. The subtlety she adds in the song is outstanding as well. Everything quiets down as she sings "we are alone just you and me, up in your room and our slates are clean" emphasizes the intimacy she wants to evoke. There's also the 'whoa oh' chants in the background of the second and final explosive chorus. The final lines of the song are so powerful and touching too "Love is a ruthless game Unless you play it good and right..." Just gushing about the song makes me want to listen to it on repeat ;_;

ZHx6h.gif

Just when everyone thought that Taylor Swift was regressing to basic catchy pop tunes, she drops this incredible track, further confirming that she's capable of astronomical heights when she puts her mind to it. State of Grace firmly plants Swift on a musical plane much higher than her contemporaries, and certainly higher than One Direction and Christina Aguilera.

Bye
RED on iTunes.

isTkkITR40RoS.gif

YASSS ARTE!!

Tell them how it is!!

ZHx6h.gif

Christopher

I heard all I want for Christmas us You like 50 times today Collect that check Mariah!

Playing wii u with my son best Christmas ever :)

Aguila

#ICONIC

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

Let me go listen to it for 200th time.

Satch

Banned
um except State of Disgrace is boring, overly derivative tripe where she brings nothing new to the table aside from her spectacular brand of wonderbread-isms that simply serve to further water down production that would be average at best

let's talk about how good Desnudate is instead xoxoxo
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

OH QUITATE

OH LA ROPA

OH LIBRASE

OH AHORA

iZnO3tfwmiJPk.gif

royalan

Pfft...the production and build-up in the goddamn Lotus Intro is better than that overlong mess State of Grace.

The gorgeous tribal chant buildup, the pulsing and ever-present bassline, the triumphant eruption with the strings in the end...By the time you get to the end you feel like you've taken a journey, and the album hasn't even started yet. Lotus Intro achieves everything State of Disgrace tries to and in damn near half the time.

Ugh...seriously...the vocal layering and buildup in Lotus Intro is fucking genius. Listening again and I still can't.

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

botty

Banned
I think the lyrics to state of grace mixed with the pacing make it quite epic.

ipJT86RNel3zy.gif

Though I would never put it above the queen's music.

8BGPK.gif

royalan

To the sky
I rise
Spread my wings
And fly
I leave the past behind
Say goodbye to the scared child inside
I sing for freedom, and for love
I look at my Reflection
Embrace the woman I've become
The unbreakable Lotus in me
I now set free

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

Jilltina Scottlera *.*

royalan

Army of Me's bridge is perfect.

So how does it feel?
To know that I beat you
That I can defeat you
Oh, how does it feel?
'Cause it sure feels sweeter
It sure feels sweeter to me!

So #Triumphant. #GayAnthem waiting to happen.

is2v0PQSIUXh8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom