• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

?

Anticipating (as I understand it) just means you expect it to come, or you are predicting it. Which is fair. I expect it as well eventually.

Not the same as looking forward to it, or wanting it to happen. Which would be vile.

I don't think anyone wants it to happen.

Artemisia

Banned
so does chris tbh

Omfg you're back
swwBo.png

B-Dex

Not that we should be surprised at B-Pressed's odd desire for bad things to happen to Rih.

Anticipation:

1. a prior action that takes into account or forestalls a later action

2. visualization of a future event or state

3. the act of looking forward

royalan

Only took her 2 albums and an Oprah special dedicated to him to convince him to take her back. I'm glad Chris finally listened to her copious begging and decided to give her another chance.

The pressure she has some people under always gives me a kii. Successful and happy. Poor bothered people.
Not exactly surprising that people would react with detached horror after seeing a woman back in the arms of the man who mercilessly pummeled her face.

She's pretty again, so the impact seems diminished compared to if he had used a knife or something and mutilated her appearance. But it's pretty sad if the world's collective groan at their "relationship" makes you "kii" tbh. Even non-pressed non-stans hate Bruises' guts.

Mau ®

Pretty sure the world couldnt give two fucks about they going back together. These photos were non-news even at Rihanna forums and even the "shocking" Birthday Cake remix went #1 on urban.

But they're not even together together. He's been going out with Kukaracha too and she keeps tweeting or instagraming shit about being single.

B-Dex

And as per here comes the #Navy with some kind of personal vendetta against me over a sarcastic remark.

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif
NEWSFLASH
animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

The battleship already sunk. I am just going to assume the #Navy's supply of dictionaries and thesauri also went down with it. Not to mention their sense of humour.

Y'all are the pressedt ones latching on to every word I post about your fav. Fitting your attitudes are just like rih's cunty tweets to her fans.

Merry
fucking
Christmas! I guess I should be grateful the #Navy was thinking of me this holiday season.

itEfnJuU4zwYz.gif

Only took her 2 albums and an Oprah special dedicated to him to convince him to take her back. I'm glad Chris finally listened to her copious begging and decided to give her another chance.

CLOCKEDT

Thought I would post the projected sales #'s for this week because I need my sales age, and final numbers have been delayed because of Xmas.

WHAT'S SELLING FOR CHRISTMAS: In lieu of a full chart, here is this week's projected Top 20. Please expect a greater than usual margin of error. The big winners? Not unexpectedly, Taylor Swift and One Direction top this week's tally, with T.I. the leading debut.

Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 285-290k
One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 180-185k
Bruno Mars (Atlantic) 165-170k
*T. I. (Grand Hustle/Atlantic) 165-170k
Michael Buble (Reprise) 135-140k
Rod Stewart (Verve) 110-115k
Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 95-100k
Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 95-100k
*12/12/12: The Concert for Sandy Relief (Columbia) 80-85k
Alicia Keys (RCA) 75-80k
Now 44 (Capitol) 75-80k
P!nk (RCA) 75-80k
Adele (Columbia) 70-75k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville) 70-75k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 70-75k
Essential Now That's What I Call Christmas (Capitol) 70-75k
Little Big Town (Capitol Nashville) 70-75k
Jason Aldean (Broken Bow) 70-75k
Led Zeppelin (Atlantic) 65-70k
Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 65-70k
Blake Shelton (Warner Bros. Nashville) 65-70k

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thought I would post the projected sales #'s for this week because I need my sales age, and final numbers have been delayed because of Xmas.

WHAT'S SELLING FOR CHRISTMAS: In lieu of a full chart, here is this week's projected Top 20. Please expect a greater than usual margin of error. The big winners? Not unexpectedly, Taylor Swift and One Direction top this week's tally, with T.I. the leading debut.

Damn! They won't stop.

Mumei

The pressure she has some people under always gives me a kii. Successful and happy. Poor bothered people.

... I don't get why you - as a fan - are happy about this. Correct me if I am wrong, but she did not seem unhappy in their relationship before he beat and choked her, so I don't know why you appear to think that seeing them happy in that moment is somehow evidence that everything is going to be copacetic. Has he really changed?

This situation reads like pretty classic batterer-victim relationship stuff, and I don't see any reason to be happy about it. She could do better, and going back to the man who beat and choked her, who was swiftly forgiven for her assault in the public eye - complete with triumphal return to the Grammy's - while she was blamed for her own battering, as many battered women are, is not it.

I wouldn't pretend to be a fan of hers, and I don't make any predictions about what will happen. But Chris Brown is a sack of shit, and seeing anyone with him - let alone the woman who he beat like that - shouldn't make anyone happy.

Pretty sure the world couldnt give two fucks about they going back together. These photos were non-news even at Rihanna forums and even the "shocking" Birthday Cake remix went #1 on urban.

But they're not even together together. He's been going out with Kukaracha too and she keeps tweeting or instagraming shit about being single.

Well praise baby Jesus, then.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Not exactly surprising that people would react with detached horror after seeing a woman back in the arms of the man who mercilessly pummeled her face.

She's pretty again, so the impact seems diminished compared to if he had used a knife or something and mutilated her appearance. But it's pretty sad if the world's collective groan at their "relationship" makes you "kii" tbh. Even non-pressed non-stans hate Bruises' guts.

I don't get the detached horror 10 months after the BC remix. If this was back in February, then I'd get it. It's been almost a year since we've known they've been back in contact (and to our knowledge, that's all we know for a fact), and anytime a pic gets posted it's the same posters with the same detached horror and the same thinly-veiled 'concern' about a pop star they don't even like. The people that stan for her are unbothered, and not acting in horror because *shock* she is a grown woman, and is clearly happy. She is able to make her own decisions and is doing so. The ones who aren't her fans are acting in horror in order to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and drag her about something that happened 4 years ago. It's pretty transparent, and if you can't see it, you should get your eyes checked.

... I don't get why you - as a fan - are happy about this. Correct me if I am wrong, but she did not seem unhappy in their relationship before he beat and choked her, so I don't know why you appear to think that seeing them happy in that moment is somehow evidence that everything is going to be copacetic. Has he really changed?

This situation reads like pretty classic batterer-victim relationship stuff, and I don't see any reason to be happy about it. She could do better, and going back to the man who beat and choked her, who was swiftly forgiven for her assault in the public eye - complete with triumphal return to the Grammy's - while she was blamed for her own battering, as many battered women are, is not it.

I wouldn't pretend to be a fan of hers, and I don't make any predictions about what will happen. But Chris Brown is a sack of shit, and seeing anyone with him - let alone the woman who he beat like that - shouldn't make anyone happy.

I'm not happy about this (I feel like you're assuming that I'm happy about this, and if you are, you can kindly point me to a post where I say that), I'm happy for her that she's happy. Happiness is a great thing to experience, and if she's truly happy with him, more power to her. Of course it'd be nice if she wasn't with the guy who abused her, but she is. That's something that no one except for her can change, and clearly she doesn't want to, so as a discussion point, it's worthless.

I agRIH that he is a sack of shit, but I can agree with that and be happy for her in the same breath without contradicting myself.

Vazra

I don't get the detached horror 10 months after the BC remix. If this was back in February, then I'd get it. It's been almost a year since we've known they've been back in contact (and to our knowledge, that's all we know for a fact), and anytime a pic gets posted it's the same posters with the same detached horror and the same thinly-veiled 'concern' about a pop star they don't even like. The people that stan for her are unbothered, and not acting in horror because *shock* she is a grown woman, and is clearly happy. She is able to make her own decisions and is doing so. The ones who aren't her fans are acting in horror in order to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and drag her about something that happened 4 years ago. It's pretty transparent, and if you can't see it, you should get your eyes checked.

So caring even when she isnt a favorite its a wrong thing? She might be a grown woman and all to make her own decisions but when those decisions might lead her to a destructive situation (even if nothing has happened after all this time) it will concern people. Its normal behavior to see someone who beat up a woman as a sack of shit even if he maybe isn't one. Right now I aint even dragging but caring about her well being which who knows with time something might happen again.(Hopefully nothing happens) You have your right to dislike the comments of everyone if you like but some are genuinely concerned about her because even if some aren't far of her music they don't wanna see her be hurt again or maybe even killed by going back with him if she actually ends up going back with him. If people genuinely are concerned about Rihanna IDK how is that a bad thing even if you dislike it, they are showing some humanity even when they might not like her work.

Mau ®

I've made it clear that I dont like Bruises at all. What he did to her was vile and I don't agree with her even being in contact with him.

But guess what? Its not my life. If she wants to go out/fuck/marry/get impregnated with Bruises then she's free to do whatever the fuck she wants. I'll have to just SMH and deal.

Yas @ the bolded. The faux concern is what gets me. Some folks look for ANY opportunity to bring up the abuse. It's obvious they think it's funny, and an easy way to get a laugh.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Yas @ the bolded. The faux concern is what gets me. Some folks look for ANY opportunity to bring up the abuse. It's obvious they think it's funny, and an easy way to get a laugh.

It's so obvious too. Especially when people who don't really post in this thread come running when it's time to drag Rih and always bring up the abuse, or people who really only drag Rih out of all the pop-stars. I just don't get why she has them so bothered.

It's sad really.

botty

Banned
It's so obvious too. Especially when people who don't really post in this thread come running when it's time to drag Rih and always bring up the abuse, or people who really only drag Rih out of all the pop-stars. I just don't get why she has them so bothered.

It's sad really.

Who?

#RightTypeOfCunt

iX7AUHJWq8PST.gif

Mumei

I'm not happy about this (I feel like you're assuming that I'm happy about this, and if you are, you can kindly point me to a post where I say that), I'm happy for her that she's happy. Happiness is a great thing to experience, and if she's truly happy with him, more power to her. Of course it'd be nice if she wasn't with the guy who abused her, but she is. That's something that no one except for her can change, and clearly she doesn't want to, so as a discussion point, it's worthless.

I agRIH that he is a sack of shit, but I can agree with that and be happy for her in the same breath without contradicting myself.

I've made it clear that I dont like Bruises at all. What he did to her was vile and I don't agree with her even being in contact with him.

But guess what? Its not my life. If she wants to go out/fuck/marry/get impregnated with Bruises then she's free to do whatever the fuck she wants. I'll have to just SMH and deal.

Here's what I don't get:

On the one hand, I see "true love" and "successful and happy; people who don't like this are just pressed," insinuations that because I don't like her that means... what, that I'm just pressed that she's happy and not because I don't think seeing a battered woman back with her batterer is something to cheer about?, and comments to the effect of "This makes people who don't like her pressed, therefore kiii."

On the other hand, when someone suggests that he is disgusting and there's nothing to cheer about, then suddenly the song changes to, "Oh, I'm not happy about this or anything - I think it is disgusting! But she's a grown woman and I just have to deal with it." Until these two posts, there was no evidence of disapproval or even an eyebrow raised from either of you.

It comes across as inconsistent.

B-Dex

I always name names.

He does normally post in here... but he also posted a picture of her battered face to make a cheap point or shade or something, which was ... crass.

Delio

Bruno Mars (Atlantic) 165-170k
*T. I. (Grand Hustle/Atlantic) 165-170k
Michael Buble (Reprise) 135-140k
Rod Stewart (Verve) 110-115k
Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 95-100k
Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 95-100k
*12/12/12: The Concert for Sandy Relief (Columbia) 80-85k
Alicia Keys (RCA) 75-80k
Now 44 (Capitol) 75-80k
P!nk (RCA) 75-80k
Adele (Columbia) 70-75k
Lady Antebellum (Capitol Nashville) 70-75k
Justin Bieber (Island/IDJ) 70-75k
Essential Now That's What I Call Christmas (Capitol) 70-75k
Little Big Town (Capitol Nashville) 70-75k
Jason Aldean (Broken Bow) 70-75k
Led Zeppelin (Atlantic) 65-70k
Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 65-70k
Blake Shelton (Warner Bros. Nashville) 65-70k

Our boys leading the charts hardcore.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Here's what I don't get:

On the one hand, I see "true love" and "successful and happy; people who don't like this are just pressed," insinuations that because I don't like her that means... what, that I'm just pressed that she's happy and not because I don't think seeing a battered woman back with her batterer is something to cheer about?, and comments to the effect of "This makes people who don't like her pressed, therefore kiii."

On the other hand, when someone suggests that he is disgusting and there's nothing to cheer about, then suddenly the song changes to, "Oh, I'm not happy about this or anything - I think it is disgusting! But she's a grown woman and I just have to deal with it." Until these two posts, there was no evidence of disapproval or even an eyebrow raised from either of you.

It's not inconsistent. It's that I don't need to explain ad infinium that I dislike him and think he's vile. I've made that known on multiple occasions, and I don't need to come for Chris every time he's brought up in this thread because I'd be repeating myself all the time. You're not pressed if you dislike her, you're pressed if it's always the same stale dragging about the abuse that some (read: B-dex and pupi) bring up all the time in the thread.

Again I agRIH that she shouldn't be with him, but she is grown, and if she is happy, more power to her. And to me, it reads as pressed if you are so bothered by her happiness you bring up an event that happened 4 years ago.

Vazra

It's not inconsistent. It's that I don't need to explain ad infinium that I dislike him and think he's vile. I've made that known on multiple occasions, and I don't need to come for Chris every time he's brought up in this thread because I'd be repeating myself all the time. You're not pressed if you dislike her, you're pressed if it's always the same stale dragging about the abuse that some (read: B-dex and pupi) bring up all the time in the thread.

Calling me out when I mostly call Rihanna bajan goat, mediocre albums (Which I called Apologetic and not necessarily the rest of her music). I might have brought it up 1 or 2 times the abused talk but I aint bringing it up any opportunity that pops up. So keep trying to drag me out when you can't actually back everything out. We never got along but don't start throwing lies to make yourself look better. Just saying. We may never get along but you seem to simply like to call me out any chance you get. (I dont remember taking chances to call you out any chance I get and believe me I might have had a few chances and I didnt) Its getting tiredsome and you are being pretty pressed about me disliking Rihanna. Live and let live tbh.

Mau ®

Here's what I don't get:

UM I have made posts about not being on board with this relationship. Not just on this thread but on other OTs and threads.

I've come to terms with it and Im not gonna keep saying I hate him just because. It wont change things.

There's nothing inconsistent about that.

Again I agRIH that she shouldn't be with him, but she is grown, and if she is happy, more power to her. And to me, it reads as pressed if you are so bothered by her happiness you bring up an event that happened 4 years ago.

ileLIO3rEC3cF.gif

I get that everything in Popgaf is exaggerated, but the notion that everyone be super pressed about Chris Brown is laughable. I cannot give Chris any extra thought than I do any other celebrity that does something vile.

I think the constant reference's to Rihanna getting her ass whooped are at best silly, and worse the lowest thing possible. I shouldn't be surprised though, from a group who likes to make crashing airplane gifs, and giggle about Aaliyah dying.

Calling me out when I mostly call Rihanna bajan goat, mediocre albums (Which I called Apologetic and not necessarily the rest of her music). I might have brought it up 1 or 2 times the abused talk but I aint bringing it up any opportunity that pops up. So keep trying to drag me out when you can't actually back everything out. We never got along but don't start throwing lies to make yourself look better. Just saying. We may never get along but you seem to simply like to call me out any chance you get. (I dont remember taking chances to call you out any chance I get and believe me I might have had a few chances and I didnt) Its getting tiredsome and you are being pretty pressed about me disliking Rihanna. Live and let live tbh.

Didn't you post pics of Rihanna's bashed in face or was that B-Dex?

Vazra

Didn't you post pics of Rihanna's bashed in face or was that B-Dex?

It wasnt me. Again if I called her something it was mostly for her lifeless performances I've seen (not all of them are) and Bajan Goat which a lot of people have called her that before me. I know I probably show my dislike for the music constantly but I havent been doing anything against DMeisterJ or dragging him/her around. DMeisterJ has been calling my name multiple times when I havent been direct at her. I do say it is getting tiresome of calling me mess and now putting things that are simply not true when if I said the abuse stuff it hasnt been all the time like he tries to say it is. Heck I haven't been saying anything about Rihanna in a while and I feel its simply gasping for straws.

Very common issue.

@DMJ. I think some of the problem is you tend to paint with a very wide brush. You just assume everyone who says anything negative about Rihanna is pressed about her looks, success, happiness, etc, etc , etc. Someone who comes for Chris Brown (and Rih by extension) gets blowback for shading her music when such shade never actually occurred (This has happened to me multiple times. I rarely say anything negative about her music in general).....and people who legit don't like her music are accused of being pressed over her success/happiness. You don't seem to determine what they are coming for, or who you are speaking to, at all before you just throw out random phrases about how pressed and jealous everyone else is.

Satch

Banned
the harmonies on Sex For Breakfast
swwBo.png

Bionictina Slowjamuilera take me awaaaaaaaaaaay
swwBo.png

why do we hate Bionic again
swwBo.png

Sex For Breakfast shits
swwBo.png

im #crie
swwBo.png

Sex for Breakfast and the accompanying Morning Dessert intro are the only good things about Bionic tho

Oh and the live version of Lift Me Up.

Vazra

Wanna give a shot at explaining to me what you see in State of Grace?

I am willing to give it another shot but I want to go into it with a different mindset to make sure I am giving it a fair chance.

Might be a slow burner. Give it a few more listens to see if it grows and if not you tried. I don't dislike the song but I don't love it either.

royalan

State of Grace is a #TryHard attempt to replicate The Cranberries, but it lacks the subtle brilliance of their sound and goes on way too damn long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom