• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my Gosh, I'm so late to the new OT. Bless Aguila <3

And omg @ my avvy standing tall over you hoes in the OP. I see five or six of you's coming for my wig soon so I better start pumping out more dissertations.

I had a "top 50 favorite pop albums" thing planned but that'll have to take more work. lol

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Girls Aloud were on Graham Norton. They played their flawless smash single 'Love Machine'.

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/12/girls-aloud-perform-love-machine-on-the-graham-norton-show.html/

Flawless, as per.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VDbIe81CaOs#!

What do you think, gerls, could their faves?

tumblr_mf2ir3lVLq1qb50lco2_r1_500-1.gif

Another day, another round of slaying your faves.

aloud32.gif

Nemesis_

I think it's high time I use my first post to introduce something.

Ca425.png

INTRODUCING the POPGAF USER SCRIPT.

• Jump to your latest unread post in PopGAF OT4
  • Easy and quick access to the (new) Plug.DJ room
  • STYLISH LOOK to match NeoGAF
  • Compatible with FireFox, Safari and Chrome
To install: UserScripts.org

To install on FireFox: You need to install GreaseMonkey first, then install the script from UserScripts
To install on Chrome: You can either install TamperMonkey or manually drag and drop it to the extensions window.
ie. Save the script to your computer, navigate to Menu -> Tools -> Extensions and then drag and drop the saved script to the extensions menu.​
To install on Safari: You have to follow a weird process that you can find at SimpleHelp.net

If you have Internet Explorer you don't deserve to use this tbh, sorry.

Platinum star deserved tbh

NOTE: This is only going to work for OT4. I will update as each new OT comes along.

QUOTED FOR THE LATE.

Also, Adam Lambert did a cover of RAY OF LIGHT

I can't find it though >_>

SaintZ

This thread GOD! It grows too fast, jesus.

Late but congratulations ITZ! ñ_ñ

Girls Aloud were on Graham Norton. They played their flawless smash single 'Love Machine'.

http://www.muumuse.com/2012/12/girls-aloud-perform-love-machine-on-the-graham-norton-show.html/

Flawless, as per.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VDbIe81CaOs#!

What do you think, gerls, could their faves?

Another day, another round of slaying your faves.
Pretty good performance. Also, she's not my favorite but Nadine was looking so fucking fierce in that dress *.*

Oh, and I think that Aguila sis should add Nem's script to the OP.

royalan

HOW DID THIS THREAD GROW DAMN NEAR 7 PAGES AS I SLEPT!?!? MESS!!!

Tell them

Rise up 1DGaf, rise. This is the beginning
iclbIYADH4zbm.gif

The Lotus Intro is just so good *.*

It's far better than it has any business being.

Actually Just A Fool has grown on me so much, I even heard it on the radio today *.*

it deserves to smash

I, I had my heart set on you
But nothing else hurts like you do
Who knew that love was so cruel (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And I waited and waited so long
For someone who'll never come home
It's my fault to think you'll be true (yeah, yeah)
I'm just a fool

i1Hd3icet7yiW.gif

Yes. Stan.

Mumei

HOW DID THIS THREAD GROW DAMN NEAR 7 PAGES AS I SLEPT!?!? MESS!!!

I started reading this singing book with quotes from old singing theorists and teachers and whatnot. I need to actually get a copy of this; the shade is so good.

"For the forced voice, being defective, always offends; and if by chance the melody goes so high that the singer cannot sing it comfortably, he should not shout as madmen or those bedeviled. It is better to omit those tones than offer the ear something strange and unpleasant. Similarly when singing piano on high notes, if one cannot reach them comfortably, they should be sung in falsetto rather than sung badly." (Zacconi)

And I'm learning a ton, too. :)

royalan

I started reading this singing book with quotes from old singing theorists and teachers and whatnot. I need to actually get a copy of this; the shade is so good.

"For the forced voice, being defective, always offends; and if by chance the melody goes so high that the singer cannot sing it comfortably, he should not shout as madmen or those bedeviled. It is better to omit those tones than offer the ear something strange and unpleasant. Similarly when singing piano on high notes, if one cannot reach them comfortably, they should be sung in falsetto rather than sung badly." (Zacconi)

Hmmmm...one wonders why you chose this particular passage to share...

3phemeral

ix1yL4u5FRVdj.gif

royalan

not the entire musical academia coming out to shade xtincta

They're shading Xtina because they couldn't even be bothered to pay attention to most of your faves. Kinda like the rest of the world.

EDIT: "Those Bedeviled" should be the title of the next album, tbh...

Nemesis_

If Rihanna or Britney had done "Your Body" it would have been a smash I don't understand how it flopped....

She's gross and obnoxious. I think it was evident when she started blurting out that crap about her SHITTEST ALBUM to date and then released something even more lacklustre.

also kiiiiii Chris

Will Ke$ha have a new album tho?

Ke$ha's lead performed considerably well tbh

Should we really compare the albums?

Also he's moved on from Ke$ha I thought this was obvious >_>

royalan

She's gross and obnoxious. I think it was evident when she started blurting out that crap about her SHITTEST ALBUM to date and then released something even more lacklustre.

also kiiiiii Chris

You're a Gaga stan. Let's not talk Gross and Obnoxious.

Nemesis_

You're a Gaga stan. Let's not talk Gross and Obnoxious.

Poor you. You are so pressed. Maybe one day Christina will garner another hit. It's clear that even though Your Body was a somewhat well put together song that it underperformed.

I won't hold it against you though, stanning for mediocrity and the underdog must be hard

While we're talking about hits and obesity, Chris Brown is being clever on social media again.

Wherever social media networks go, an ill-advised rant from Chris Brown is sure to follow. Having had his fill of swearing at people on Twitter (at least for now), the ever-volatile singer has focused his wrath on his Instagram followers &#8212; particularly the &#8220;super obese&#8221; ones.

It all started innocently enough, with a number of Brown&#8217;s fans expressing concern over his apparent recent weight drop. No doubt thinking of the Bible verse from Matthew 7:5 that reads &#8220;Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother&#8217;s eye,&#8221; Brown decided to smite his non-believers, pointing out, &#8220;The funniest s&#8212; is the comments on me being too skinny! Half of y&#8217;all b&#8212;-es are super obese and fat as f&#8212;!&#8221;

Having illustrated the rampant hypocrisy he&#8217;s continually forced to deal with from haters who always be hating, Brown thoughtfully shared a few health tips, saying, &#8220;I dance and workout constantly! It&#8217;s called being healthy. Some need stop running their mouth and get that fat a&#8211; on a treadmill. I can hear u wheezing on my comments.&#8221;

So let that be a lesson to you, America &#8212; the next time you feel like running your mouth, get on a treadmill instead, because all of your wheezing is distracting Chris Brown while he&#8217;s trying to perfect his pose for Instagram photos. You think it&#8217;s easy to flex and scowl like that in front of an ATV?

http://popcrush.com/chris-brown-instagram-rant-overweight-fans/

Mumei

I think you just answered your own question :)

Indeed!

And as royalan has pointed out himself, part of the problem was that Christina was acting like she was in their wheelhouse: A singer whose current successes almost guarantees at least strong initial radio play for a new single.

But instead she was coming off a flop album with her last truly successful era almost six years ago. She needed to do more and apparently she didn't think it worth doing or she didn't think it was necessary.

Nemesis_

But instead she was coming off a flop album with her last truly successful era almost six years ago. She needed to do more and apparently she didn't think it worth doing or she didn't think it was necessary.

Only makes sense that Xtincta is as deluded as her fans.

7vldu.gif

Maybe it's time to fast track production of another film so she can have another excuse for when she 're-schedules' her LOTUS tour

ibiRMW5DpRlEM6.gif

Artemisia

Banned
I mean at least my irrelevant faves can deliver musically...

Why Stan Xtincta in 2012 when she is putting out trash like Lotus?

iX7AUHJWq8PST.gif

Trigger

Indeed!

And as royalan has pointed out himself, part of the problem was that Christina was acting like she was in their wheelhouse: A singer whose current successes almost guarantees at least strong initial radio play for a new single.

I imagine she also overestimated how much her tenure on the Voice would help her sales. Maroon 5 has been dominating the charts lately.

Nemesis_

Something for botty:

1355249083_hilary-duff-lg.jpg

Hilary Duff posted a new picture of herself on Twitter.

She looks nice, didn't realise she was a MUM NOW THOUGH ;_;

I imagine she also overestimated how much her tenure on the Voice would help her sales. Maroon 5 has been dominating the charts lately.

Yeah I am not sure reality TV judging really helps sales of artists in any significant way. I really think Maroon 5 would have had their success with or without the shows promo. X Factor doesn't seem to be helping Demi much either.

I mean the paychecks are obviously nice, but its obvious that judging is no substitute for writing good material and doing actual promo.

Nemesis_

And yet, this SHIT hits the airwaves and does really well.

Will.i.am_-_Scream_%26_Shout_%28Alternate%29.jpg

Poor Xtina. Her reality TV and her attitude can't save her now.

royalan

Indeed!

I'm starting to think she just didn't see it as worthwhile compared to staying in LA with her son. She hasn't done the type of promo necessary to really support an album and I think even she is aware of it at this point. I mean, she's only left LA once to promote Lotus, and that was just a 3-day stint in NY. As I recall, she didn't even do radio while she was there. She's always saying in interviews how she prefers to focus on one thing at a time, so maybe now that The Voice is a done deal she'll be bored enough to actually promote. :( I mean, the fact that we have a confirmed performance in January is something. By THIS point in the Bionic era promotion was DONE.

I mean at least my irrelevant faves can deliver musically...

Why Stan Xtincta in 2012 when she is putting out trash like Lotus?

iX7AUHJWq8PST.gif

Because that trash is still better than half the shit you stan. *.*

And yet, this SHIT hits the airwaves and does really well.

Will.i.am_-_Scream_%26_Shout_%28Alternate%29.jpg

Poor Xtina. Her reality TV and her attitude can't save her now.

Its still WAY too early to say that.....its had solid gains but its still sitting at around 37 million AI (compared to the top song which is 188). Will be interesting to see where it ends up....could easily still miss the top 10.

or it could smash...... but lets not go there

Trigger

Yeah I am not sure reality TV judging really helps sales of artists in any significant way. I really think Maroon 5 would have had their success with or without the shows promo. X Factor doesn't seem to be helping Demi much either.

I mean the paychecks are obviously nice, but its obvious that judging is no substitute for writing good material and doing actual promo.

That's true. lol, I haven't liked any of Maroon 5's latest work so I'm probably not giving them enough credit for their success.

That's true. lol, I haven't liked any of Maroon 5's latest work so I'm probably not giving them enough credit for their success.

lol yeah.....I have never really liked anything they put out. Obviously the public see's something I don't.

My recent hate for them stems mostly from the fact that I despised Moves Like Jagger (other two singles were ok) to the point that I stopped listening to the radio because it was on so much.

Nemesis_

Moves Like Jagger really is a fucking vile song.

Today I had to buy Nicki's fragrance for a friend. She really wanted it for Christmas.

A mess =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom