• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Wafflecakes! :) Maybe your return will mean good music will finally start releasing this year.

iWkaQ45Nwf4br.gif

You do realize that all of what he said could be applied to Rihanna and the sheer volume of songs she releases right? How is an album a year any different than releasing a bloated album every couple years?

Well except the part of "too many ideas"......but we can replace that with "her management has too many ideas"

didn't 1D release 2 albums within a year tho?

iUk5pS4qdrsCf.gif

Welcome back Wafflecakes! :) Maybe your return will mean good music will finally start releasing this year.

Thanks sis! Missed you.

<3

Hopefully People Like Us is released soon. I had heard it had a release date in early feb but it got pushed back because of CMB's painfully slow climb up the charts.

didn't 1D release 2 albums within a year tho?

iUk5pS4qdrsCf.gif
In the US. It was released in the Uk the year before though so it doesn't really count.

I don't really have a problem with yearly releases......its just hypocritical to call out Gaga for bloat yet stan Rihanna who does the same thing essentially.

Edit:Dammit dp :(

Thanks sis! Missed you.

<3

Hopefully People Like Us is released soon. I had heard it had a release date in early feb but it got pushed back because of CMB's painfully slow climb up the charts.
You're welcome. OMG, I missed you too! <3

Oh, I agree, I want PLU on the radio now! Just the thought of it blaring through the speakers in the car, ah, it would be pure bliss.

Also, I finally heard Ke$ha's "C'Mon" on the radio today. Smash!

You're welcome. OMG, I missed you too! <3

Oh, I agree, I want PLU on the radio now! Just the thought of it blaring through the speakers in the car, ah, it would be pure bliss.

Also, I finally heard Ke$ha's "C'Mon" on the radio today. Smash!

Its old release date was reportedly the 10th (same day as Grammy's).

Wouldn't it be amazing if she could use it to launch the song? Probably not going to happen but I can dream......

Not a big C'Mon fan personally. I like the song's chorus but not the opening.....usually I press skip on my Ipod before I make it to the good part.

moulels

Ikr... I'm vomiting.

Stop vomiting and save your fave.

Super Bowl XLVII
Please do your part to help in saving our nation.

Before watching the biggest game of the football season, no one wants to endure the aural assault of Alicia Augello Cook. Think of the time that will be wasted mending injured eardrums, comforting crying children, and attempting to quiet hysterical house pets.

Instead, she should be replaced with Sissy Nobby, a renowned New Orleans bounce artist. As a native of the city of New Orleans and a world-class artist who is quite experienced in the art of getting a party started, it only seems fitting to afford him the opportunity to honor both his city and our nation on this monumental occasion.

Ask yourselves: who would we rather hear? A caged bird with lifelong laryngitis, or a local legend with a penchant for making booties clap like those bombs bursting in air?

I strongly urge you to prayerfully consider this change.

tumblr_m3kqgkSzSP1qe2rrbo6_250.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
She should have called the album First World Problems.
This instantly made me think about that song Madonna had on her last album about not being able to fly around in private jets and frolick on beaches in the French riviera. Or something.

botty

Banned
I never said Rihanna was ugly during Loud era. Rihanna is beautiful, and one of the prettiest girls in the game. However, one should not come for another girl looking like a clown, if said fave also has looked like one.

iUlgFIdmJIBbe.gif

Its old release date was reportedly the 10th (same day as Grammy's).

Wouldn't it be amazing if she could use it to launch the song? Probably not going to happen but I can dream......

Not a big C'Mon fan personally. I like the song's chorus but not the opening.....usually I press skip on my Ipod before I make it to the good part.
A Kelly Clarkson Grammy performance this year would be the best thing ever. I could just imagine her slaying people with her flawless vocals. A dream indeed.

Aww... that's sad that you don't like C'Mon, but I'll live, hehe.

DMeisterJ

Banned
A. Keys is doing the National Anthem? I guess Xtuna might not be the worst singer to do it in recent memory after she screeches her way through it. Maybe since she'll be in attendance, she'll do a part on the halftime show and perform "put it in a love song" with Bey.

Bladenic

I never said Rihanna was ugly during Loud era. Rihanna is beautiful, and one of the prettiest girls in the game. However, one should not come for another girl looking like a clown, if said fave also has looked like one.

iUlgFIdmJIBbe.gif

Mariah looks horrific in that gif.

A Kelly Clarkson Grammy performance this year would be the best thing ever. I could just imagine her slaying people with her flawless vocals. A dream indeed.

Aww... that's sad that you don't like C'Mon, but I'll live, hehe.

I am somewhat sure she is already confirmed to perform, though WHAT is in question.

Could be CMB, PLU, or something with another artist (rumors mention FUN.)

We will have to see.

Also Kelly at the inauguration this weekend! I am hyped.

Using fan petition receipts now? Lol, you might as well try to come for my faves with myspace blogs. It's cute that you spend your time trolling these petition websites. Maybe one day, you people will get Obama to release Mother 3.

I made that gif specifically because of how massive her breast look. And her ability to some how find wind everywhere she goes.

Even ignoring the breasts she looks like a whale with that styling.

Maybe its the hair? Kind if a triangle matching up with her shoulders...... She doesn't look nearly that big in the others.

botty

Banned
Even ignoring the breats she looks like a whale with that styling.

Maybe its the hair? Kind if a triangle matching up with her shoulders...... She doesn't look nearly that big in the others.

Becareful, Waffle. You just got unbanned, and you don't want to end up like the last girl who compared Mariah to a whale.

icGC0LlXVh2V3.gif

Using fan petition receipts now? Lol, you might as well try to come for my faves with myspace blogs. It's cute that you spend your time trolling these petition websites. Maybe one day, you people will get Obama to release Mother 3.

Lol you still have to admit. The possibility of a trainwreck is certainly there.

(Though unlike others I give her the benefit of the doubt and think that she could pull it off reasonably well.)

Not sure who else could have done it. Most of the really good singers have already had their shot....and I am not a fan of choosing hew's to do it.

Becareful, Waffle. You just got unbanned, and you don't want to end up like the last girl who compared Mariah to a whale.

icGC0LlXVh2V3.gif

I didn't compare her to a whale. I specifically pointed out that she normally doesn't look like that. That SPECIFIC gif/styling does make her look huge though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Worked for Dark Souls PC tho.

EDIT: PROJECT RAINFALL!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Speaking of Obama...

Lady Gaga & Inaugural Ball: Singer Reported To Perform

A person familiar with the inauguration tells The Associated Press that the pop star will perform at Tuesday's ball for White House staffers. The source spoke on condition of anonymity because that person wasn't authorized to publicly reveal the information.

The staff ball is typically a private affair. During the last inauguration festivities, Jay-Z reportedly performed for that event.

iLYKKPEOt32L.gif

He also called Nicki a rapping clown, yet praises Lil Kim:

The difference between Kim and Nicki is astronomical tho. Kim could spit. Kim didn't sound like she inhaled helium before she laid down a verse. Kim, whatever she is now, was a legit rapper. Nicki is nothing without her gimmicky look and silly flow. Had she stayed basic Nicki and not tried to be Lady Gaga 1.0.1.3.7, you kids with your "oooh look, shiny!!!!" mentality would have paid her (and Gaga ) dust. The dust they rightfully deserve.

and stans for Rihanna, despite her spending an entire era looking like she was ready to hand out happy meals:

kYpeozL.jpg
She might look like she was handing out happy meals, but your zaftig faves spend era's looking like they live at the Golden Corral.

i3RTJnW6L9Wqo.gif

What's the point if it's not going to be ARTPOP promo?

Yes, I'm still seething about that Skype chat.

Lol I think very few artists would turn down an inauguration (or related event) invitation to perform even if they had nothing to promote.

On your other note:
I found the whole Skype snafu to be hilarious.

One Direction are also rumored to attend for a concert for Obama's daughters

tumblr_inline_mgvurfx5MZ1rv1o6n.gif

waiting on more confirmation for this

Wouldn't be surprised.

They received a generic invitation to perform at the White House last year.

Would be amazing if true.

Performing for nobodies then? Seems fitting for her station.

I am pretty sure all the balls are televised nationally. (though that one would be on cable)

Lol I think very few artists would turn down an inauguration (or related event) invitation to perform even if they had nothing to promote.

On your other note:
I found the whole Skype snafu to be hilarious.
Yeah, I understand that. I just don't know what song GaGa would choose to sing. I only checked out Kelly's performance last time, and let's just say I hope she doesn't wear the same dress again. :x

That Skype chat would have been hilarious to me too if I wasn't so thirsty from something ARTPOP related.

Bye.

and I can't at you thinking people like Nicki because of how she dresses.

I am starting to like Nicki, and Super Bass is a great song.

...but lets not pretend she would be where she is now without her random, all over the place, styling that she has become known for.

Yeah, I understand that. I just don't know what song GaGa would choose to sing. I only checked out Kelly's performance last time, and let's just say I hope she doesn't wear the same dress again. :x

That Skype chat would have been hilarious to me too if I wasn't so thirsty from something ARTPOP related.

I am very laid back about ARTPOP. I refuse to be excited or get hyped. I don't even listen to the links Marius posts (though I am not sure how much they are related to what will actually be on the album). I am just going to let it happen, and if its good great. If not........meh I wasn't invested to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom