• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I guess the rumour about the BTWB LA Date was false.

Let me pay dust to anymore ARTPOP rumours.

It isn't coming till after the tour

she even said that after the tour she needed some time off to recharge her batteries

itTGA6nwAKbaW.gif

royalan

Wow, her album really isn't coming up any time soon, is it?

I wonder if the noticeable change in Pop's climate (the resurgence of R&B and a return to real instrumentation in Pop) has her retooling some things to fit the trend. I mean, 2013 was supposed to be the year of ARTPOP, right? I don't keep a close eye on Gaga's movement these days, but from what I've read (and Marius' twitter meltdown) I've gathered that things are starting to seem a bit behind schedule.

I wonder if the noticeable change in Pop's climate (the resurgence of R&B and a return to real instrumentation in Pop) has her retooling some things to fit the trend. I mean, 2013 was supposed to be the year of ARTPOP, right? I don't keep a close eye on Gaga's movement these days, but from what I've read (and Marius' twitter meltdown) I've gathered that things are starting to seem a bit behind schedule.

Just how behind are we talking? I haven't followed the situation closely but I was still under the impression that it would come before this fall....

I will be very disappointed if it gets delayed beyond that.

Trigger

I don't think it's an issue of her being behind schedule so much as a combination of boredom/desperation on the part of fans and Gaga's own vagueness. I don't recall there being many hard dates on when stuff would start being rolled for this era.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

ARTPOP was suppose to come out during the fall of 2012 or perhaps just the single. During last summer she said that she had played the album for Interscope and we were set to get news on September. She revealed the album's name and started hyping, even playing music while driving around, then things got quiet....

aka the album obviously got delayed, now the reasons why are unknown but just to speculate:

-She started working with Zedd and Madeon who might have introduce her to a new sound
-Interscope might have advice her to make a more commercial album (Princess Die is no longer being played at her concert btw) and she hinted at the idea of releasing 2 volumes which now she has scrapped because apparently all the songs are commercial.
-She might have gotten more ideas such the ARTPOP app and needed more time
-And of course she might have just decided it was best to wait till after the tour has ended to properly focus on ARTPOP

It could be a combination of this, but I dont think the current climate in music has influenced a delay

Bladenic

I mean, it only makes sense for it to come out after the tour. Why release a new album while touring with old material?

Either way I'm kind of looking forward to it. Patiently of course.

ni_no_clooney.jpg

royalan

I mean, it only makes sense for it to come out after the tour. Why release a new album while touring with old material?

Either way I'm kind of looking forward to it. Patiently of course.

ni_no_clooney.jpg

But that's pretty much what Gaga has done for her last two albums. For both The Fame Monster and Born This Way wasn't she in the middle of touring the previous album's material when she debuted those eras?

ARTPOP was suppose to come out during the fall of 2012 or perhaps just the single. During last summer she said that she had played the album for Interscope and we were set to get news on September. She revealed the album's name and started hyping, even playing music while driving around, then things got quiet....

aka the album obviously got delayed, now the reasons why are unknown but just to speculate:

-She started working with Zedd and Madeon who might have introduce her to a new sound
-Interscope might have advice her to make a more commercial album (Princess Die is no longer being played at her concert btw) and she hinted at the idea of releasing 2 volumes which now she has scrapped because apparently all the songs are commercial.

-She might have gotten more ideas such the ARTPOP app and needed more time
-And of course she might have just decided it was best to wait till after the tour has ended to properly focus on ARTPOP

It could be a combination of this, but I dont think the current climate in music has influenced a delay

I would guess that the first two options are the most likely, based on the little I know.

Nemesis_

If she didn't start talking about it as long back as fucking JULY I would cut her some slack.

BUT NO

EDIT: Because this went down SO WELL last time, here's some promo shots from the music video for Nicole's next single.

Ora2_1658561a.jpg

SNF21NIC2---_1658294a.jpg

SNF21NIC1---_1658295a.jpg

royalan

.....I'm not being shady, but isn't that dress the same one Xsphincta wears in the Your Body clip?

It is (not the same pattern but the same style and designer), and I won't deny that Nicole looks much better in it. It's a dress designed for slim women...which Xtina is not.

I just think the style itself is ghastly. The pattern does all sorts of strange things to the silhouette. Nicole looks like she has a FUPA in the second picture.

Also, kiiiiiiiiiiiii @ how worn she looks in the face in the last photo. She really ought to switch her image up. "Basic sexy" has done nothing for her all this time and I don't see why she thinks it's going to do anything now.

Kyon

Banned
Not her stealing the Star Spangled Banner Sheet Music that she can't even read for her next album inspiration.

Or is she going to the Prez thing lol

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Is that Nicole Scherzinger?! Completely devoid of personality.

I'd hope Gaga isn't retooling to suit current trends and instead preparing to TRAILBLAZE.
Unlikely.

Is that Nicole Scherzinger?! Completely devoid of personality.

I'd hope Gaga isn't retooling to suit current trends and instead preparing to TRAILBLAZE.
Unlikely.

Don't we all?

Really the info coming about ARTPOP so far has been so all over the map and confusing that it is impossible to make any predictions. Which is scary and exciting at the same time.

Trailblazing is good and all....but it doesn't matter if the music isn't good.

“The result was a convoluted, disjointed exercise in excess that was far less enjoyable than Gaga’s previous road show, the Monster Ball Tour. What a major disappointment.” He added: ”a tour that delivers much flash and little else. (…) She went through costume changes, storylines, theatrics, dance routines and special effects at breakneck speed, to the point where the only constant was change itself.”

“If I was to summarize and paraphrase everything Gaga said to the crowd during the course of the evening, it would go something like this, “Me, me, me, me. I’m special. Very special. Me, me, me. Look at me.

ibqmxfEckLgdUp.gif

Nemesis_

'She said that she's creating new technology with NASA, Apple, etc... & it's all for ARTPOP. She said it'll be worth the wait.'

'Gaga told us that ARTPOP is gonna be completely different than any of her previous albums. & she told us that she doesn't wanna release any new music now because she wouldn't be able to promote it properly. So basically new music will be coming after the tour ends.'

i5ImUbMkhLOoC.gif

Quotes from people who went backstage at the Staples Center.

Also, Azealia at the BTWB. I think she looks cute tbh.

BBHoFJPCUAAIBtw.jpg

irOkYiAKAFj7R.gif

Fey

Banned
If she didn't start talking about it as long back as fucking JULY I would cut her some slack.

yesyeysyses this is why i'm so bitter about ARTPOP already, she began talking about it so early and, again, released the album title faaar too early

the wait time between born this way being revealed as the title and born this way single release is going to be shorter than the wait between ARTPOP being revealed and the lead single being released
that's just sad ;_;

Partition

Banned
The first single for ARTPOP was supposed to drop in October or late September.

She teased stuff like "White Roses" for months, which makes me suspect that was going to be the title of the single. The whole album was possibly going to revolve around the concept of the decay of celebrity, the horrors of fame, etc. She was going to announce the single on August 31st (the day Diana died) and release ARTPOP on Feb 22 (the day Warhol died). Princess Die was very likely part of the album at one point.

Obviously things changed completely. I'm going to say that the full responsibility for the delay belongs to Zedd. Gaga played ARTPOP for her label in the summer, so they must of not liked what they heard. Which is why they introduced Zedd to Gaga, who is on the same label now.
Zedd said in an interview:

Bild.de: At the moment you are the favourite of Lady Gaga. How was the working together?

Zedd: "I remember one situation there, which is characteristic for our relationship: I was the first time in the studio with her, and it was about the hit-potential of a specific song. Then I said, the boy from Kaiserslautern, to this big star "This is not a hit for me".

She didn't say anything, but was thankful afterwards towards me for it, then she didn't know, that someone criticises her music so directly. I once said to myself to always say my opinion - if it is towards my best friend or an important business partner. And in the case of Gaga this openness is the reason, why her next album will be extraordinary!"

Which makes it clear it is Zedd who basically went in and took charge of re-vamping the album. He will probably end up being the main producer, changing the album's sound from something more 60's inspired to EDM.

I think the reason we are now hearing nothing at all from Gaga is that she simply has nothing to tease. They don't know what the lead single will be, and probably only have a few tracks done for the record.

As for a timeframe, the most likely time for an announcement is ironically Feb 22 or 23, her Madison Square Garden dates. I wouldn't expect a single until April at the earliest, and the album will probably release in July or in the fall. Unfortunately there is the possibility it can be pushed all the way to 2014.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
nnnnng, I remember White Roses and how it was being teased everywhere, especially in her instagram photos

ibhiF14KcRrAu8.gif

Edit: She has an ARTPOP release date set tho, so now its just waiting for the tour to end

Trigger

Kellegend about to slay.

As for a timeframe, the most likely time for an announcement is ironically Feb 22 or 23, her Madison Square Garden dates. I wouldn't expect a single until April at the earliest, and the album will probably release in July or in the fall. Unfortunately there is the possibility it can be pushed all the way to 2014.

nULmZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom