• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
kelly? beyonce?

2EA1Ln2.gif

surprised hewriah and st!nk weren't there since the theme seems to be boring and forgettable.

O.

A new opposing opinion. Never seen someone not like those 4 all at once. This will be fun
z63MU.gif

i won't deny that their voices are good (assuming you're referring to mariah+kelly, waffle)

but the problem is their songs suck.

Naw Bey and Kelly have the best two voices in pop....period.

This is not Mariah shade. She is just past her prime.

Your opinions on their music suck as well lol. Bey and Kelly are goddesses.

royalan

(I haven't heard them. I have been at work all day, and I haven't really had access to my computer since I'm helping train someone and they've been on!)

I hate training. Zero patience.

Removing my pressedtness, Bey's rendition was good. Clean and safe. Very reminiscent of the version she sang at the Superbowl, but a bit less ambitious.
REAL divas take it up the octave and dare the lessers to hate

Fey

Banned
Naw Bey and Kelly have the best two voices in pop....period.

This is not Mariah shade. She is just past her prime.

Your opinions on their music suck as well lol. Bey and Kelly are goddesses.

oh, beyonce's a smidge above the others in terms of songs, imo. i can at least name you 5 songs by beyonce.

i like to see artists try different things out, experiment. kelly could have released, say, since u been gone on her last album and it wouldn't feel out of place. i have seen zero change from what she releases now compared to what she released from her first album.

oh, beyonce's a smidge above the others in terms of songs, imo. i can at least name you 5 songs by beyonce.

i like to see artists try different things out, experiment. kelly could have released, say, since u been gone on her last album and it wouldn't feel out of place. i have seen zero change from what she releases now compared to what she released from her first album.

igc25YSKk5cO5.gif

O__O

I'm really judging Fey right now

Coming for Bey, Mariah, and Kelly in one post..

Was thinking the same thing lol. Good sis Fey has NO survival skills.

Artemisia

Banned

in4DgNxeI3Yit.jpg

did you lie though?

Please.

Her first album was tepid Mariah knockoff balladry pap (plus Miss Independent).

Her second album was the pop/rock album of the decade. No big deal.

Her third album was grungy, confessional, low-fi/acoustic soulful realness.

Her fourth album was a glorious embrace of bubblegum pop.

Her fifth album (which is where I suspect this opinion of yours stems from) is an amalgamation of all her previous albums in a better produced, more strongly sung package.

You might as well say "Britney has been releasing dance music since 2001, when will she evolve?" A damn mess.

...Your criticism certainly applies to O!nk, though.

Koodo

Banned
Ooooh, Beyoka's national anthem was quite good. Silky smooth.

Michelle's bangs were completely distracting though. Now gworl...

Artemisia

Banned
OMG if Michelle ever rocked a fro (hell, ANY natural style) I would DIE at the Fox News (and, lbr, black community) MELTDOWNS.

The black community was vicious against Gabby Douglas and she's only a child/teenager.

I can't imagine how far they would go in on the good sis Michelle.

Fey

Banned
Please.

Her first album was tepid Mariah knockoff balladry pap (plus Miss Independent).

Her second album was the pop/rock album of the decade. No big deal.

Her third album was grungy, confessional, low-fi/acoustic soulful realness.

Her fourth album was a glorious embrace of bubblegum pop.

Her fifth album (which is where I suspect this opinion of yours stems from) is an amalgamation of all her previous albums in a better produced, more strongly sung package.

You might as well say "Britney has been releasing dance music since 2001, when will she evolve?" A damn mess.

...Your criticism certainly applies to O!nk, though.

my opinion stems from kelly clarkson songs i hear on the radio. i heard catch my breath yesterday for the first time and thought it was one of her old songs. little did i realize it was her latest song. maybe her albums each explore different genres, but right now i'm going through songs of hers i recognize on wikipedia, and they're really all the same. none explore unseen areas. pink's problem is the same, but she's worse because at least kelly has a good voice to back her up.

my overall opinion is ... kelly's just bleh. she's boring. her songs are boring. five albums and not a single song has made me go "whoa!"

and britney is bad example, and "dance" is pretty broad. britney's songs today don't sound the same as her songs from the early 2000s. slave 4 u? piece of me? hold it against me? all could be said to be dance songs, but would you say these songs sound the same? britney (or her team, anyways) definitely like to try new things.

journey doesnt even have a platinum trophy. what is the point, even? thanks a lot, sitch
omg the level where you slide down the sand hills during sunset is just... omg...

Koodo

Banned
OMG if Michelle ever rocked a fro (hell, ANY natural style) I would DIE at the Fox News (and, lbr, black community) MELTDOWNS.
The black community was vicious against Gabby Douglas and she's only a child/teenager.

I can't imagine how far they would go in on the good sis Michelle.
Musings that would unbother Her. Michellesus resides on a higher plane than this crusty ball of rock.

A true Occuria.

my opinion stems from kelly clarkson songs i hear on the radio. i heard catch my breath yesterday for the first time and thought it was one of her old songs. little did i realize it was her latest song. maybe her albums each explore different genres, but right now i'm going through songs of hers i recognize on wikipedia, and they're really all the same. none explore unseen areas. pink's problem is the same, but she's worse because at least kelly has a good voice to back her up.

my overall opinion is ... kelly's just bleh. she's boring. her songs are boring. five albums and not a single song has made me go "whoa!"

and britney is bad example, and "dance" is pretty broad. britney's songs today don't sound the same as her songs from the early 2000s. slave 4 u? piece of me? hold it against me? all could be said to be dance songs, but would you say these songs sound the same? britney (or her team, anyways) definitely like to try new things.
Not buying this anymore. Ain't no way that Breakaway, Already Gone, Never Again, My Life Would Suck Without You, Dark Side, Because of You, or even Catch My Breath sound like clones of each other. The strongest argument one could make is noting the similarities between SUBG/MLWSWY, but those are obviously intentional.

The point about Britney I was trying to make is that it would be ignorant for someone to say all Britney songs sounds the same just like it's ignorant for someone to say the same about Kelly.
flirt.gif

Not buying this anymore. Ain't no way that Breakaway, Already Gone, Never Again, My Life Would Suck Without You, Dark Side, Because of You, or even Catch My Breath sound like clones of each other. The strongest argument one could make is noting the similarities between SUBG/MLWSWY, but those are obviously intentional.

The point about Britney I was trying to make is that it would be ignorant for someone to say all Britney songs sounds the same just like it's ignorant for someone to say the same about Kelly.
flirt.gif

Well said. You are a flawless Kelly stan Crumpet.

iE5I7AG0lQm7W.gif

Fey

Banned

flirt.gif

i see no growth in any of those songs.
IJqDbnt.gif
you could lump them all into the same album and i wouldn't be like "hey, this one doesn't fit with the rest!"

obviously it's not as serious as taylor's situation, but it's pretty bad.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
We can't all have the lyrical depth of a Pour It Up or a Cockiness (Love It), now can we?
flirt.gif

Lets go with lyrical depth.

It's not even my birthday (my birthday)
But he wanna lick the icing off. (icing off)
I know you want it in the worst way. (the worst way)
Can't wait to blow my candles out.
He want that cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake (Bet ya wanna put your name on it)
Uh, baby I like it,
It's so excited.
Don't try to hide it,
Imma make you my b*tch.
Cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake (bet you wanna put your name on it)

obviously it's not as serious as taylor's situation, but it's pretty bad.

So essentially your position is that all pop girls are shit?
Pop hags are not included

So far you have come for Kelly, Beyonce, Taylor, Mariah, and P!nk in the space of two pages.......

Do you just secretly hate music?

iG9306jNPitO2.gif

Fey

Banned
So essentially your position is that all pop girls are shit?

So far you have come for Kelly, Beyonce, Taylor, Mariah, and P!nk in the space of two pages.......

Do you just secretly hate music?

i didn't realize music only comprised of the works of those 5 women.

iNR4HL8vAWAKz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom