• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wii U just clocked my life. I am DEAD.

Gp2xS.gif

I can't at royalan and DmJ: D Meister J trying to come for Nintendo because they release a new Mario Kart once on each system. When the last one sold 32 million, you'd expect them to make it annualized, but they don't. They make flawless, perfectly crafted experiences that don't get abandoned after 10 months for the next installment like.... basically every other AAA series out there.

Kindly fuck off
- Iwata​

Oops, double post. But you guys should be posting more anyways.

Kyon

Banned
It's usually the same game tho. That's what they are referring to. The franchise has barely evolved along with almost every Mario and Zelda game. I just want Majoras Mask HD not on the 3DS I want it to be a remake like WW. Otherwise we already knew 90% of those games announced were coming anyway.

How can you look at Mario 64 - Sunshine - Galaxy and say there's no evolution? Same thing with Mario Kart over the years. Nintendo games evolve a lot more than people give credit for.

Hell, DMC does a major change and people go nuts about it not being "real" or not being what they wanted. Meanwhile Nintendo changes the art style, controls, setting, presentation, weapons, items, progression, history - every damn thing - in Zelda: Skyward Sword and people cry because it's "more of the same". Hypocrisy. #StaySquareEnix Sony Ponies.

We knew those games were coming but we didn't know Wind Waker HD, release frame for Wonderful 101, X, SMT x Fire Emblem, Yoshi Land. That's more games from than any other single publisher.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I can't at royalan and DmJ: D Meister J trying to come for Nintendo because they release a new Mario Kart once on each system. When the last one sold 32 million, you'd expect them to make it annualized, but they don't. They make flawless, perfectly crafted experiences that don't get abandoned after 10 months for the next installment like.... basically every other AAA series out there.

Kindly fuck off
- Iwata​

Educate them on their flop opinions.

isVC8TI4M2byk.gif

Kyon

Banned
This has nothing to do with Square or Sony. Mario64 was different but since then nothing has changed. They were all essentially the same tired formula over and over with new weapons or whatever. NSMB was the same game every release too. They even addressed what they were doing wrong with the Zelda franchise so I have hope they will change things. Although they always say they will change but we never see it.

I am still getting these games yes but it doesn't make the facts disappear. I'm not a deluded Ninty Stan like 99% of you with your foggy ass nostalgia glasses.

royalan

Although I agree with the good sis DMJ, I wasn't making his argument. My point was that the Wii U is underperforming and Durango/Orbis hype is starting to get serious so Nintendo is rushing out some announcements to keep gamers from jumping ship. But these announcements have the possibility of ending up incredibly bloated...pretty much like every time Nintendo does this.

Wake me up when we have gameplay demoes and hard release dates. Until then, not getting excited for the Wii U over games we already knew were coming and might not actually show up until several years from now.

This has nothing to do with Square or Sony. Mario64 was different but since then nothing has changed. They were all essentially the same tired formula over and over with new weapons or whatever. NSMB was the same game every release too. They even addressed what they were doing wrong with the Zelda franchise so I have hope they will change things. Although they always say they will change but we never see it.

I am still getting these games yes but it doesn't make the facts disappear. I'm not a deluded Ninty Stan like 99% of you with your foggy ass nostalgia glasses.

If you think nothing has changed since Mario 64, then there's only one delusional person here...
:)

They only addressed the linearity issues in Zelda. They basically change everything else up every game.

Although I agree with the good sis DMJ, I wasn't making his argument. My point was that the Wii U is underperforming and Durango/Orbis hype is starting to get serious so Nintendo is rushing out some announcements to keep gamers from jumping ship. But these announcements have the possibility of ending up incredibly bloated...pretty much like every time Nintendo does this.

Wake me up when we have gameplay demoes and hard release dates. Until then, not getting excited for the Wii U over games we already knew were coming and might not actually show up until several years from now.

Nah, these games will be steadily released in the second half of 2013 and through 2014. Remember the time between announcement of Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros 2 and its release? They probably had a slow trickle of games ready, but when Wii U flopped, they turned up their output.

Kyon

Banned
If you think nothing has changed since Mario 64, then there's only one delusional person here...

They only addressed the linearity issues in Zelda. They basically change everything else up every game.

Nah, these games will be steadily released in the second half of 2013 and through 2014. Remember the time between announcement of Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros 2 and its release? They probably had a slow trickle of games ready, but when Wii U flopped, they turned up their output.

You of all people calling anyone delusional while you Stan HomeWreckers, Lightning and FFXIII is the biggest joke of the industry.

royalan

We'll see, sis. I want to believe, but Nintendo's Lotused me these last few years. ;______;

Anyway, bringing this thread back to music...has this Petula Clark lady been discussed?

I've never heard of her, despite the fact that she's 80 years old and has been in the game forever with over 68 million albums sold. However, several music blogs I follow have been making a stink about her new track "Cut Copy Me" and I finally listened to it...and I got to admit I'm a tiny bit slayed. There's something very beautiful and sentimental about it (which might be from knowing that she's 80 years old, but still). I'm getting "Lana Del Rey in 50 years" teas from it...I like.

royalan

Quoting myself because I don't want this to get lost ;_______;

Anyway, bringing this thread back to music...has this Petula Clark lady been discussed?

I've never heard of her, despite the fact that she's 80 years old and has been in the game forever with over 68 million albums sold. However, several music blogs I follow have been making a stink about her new track "Cut Copy Me" and I finally listened to it...and I got to admit I'm a tiny bit slayed. There's something very beautiful and sentimental about it (which might be from knowing that she's 80 years old, but still). I'm getting "Lana Del Rey in 50 years" teas from it...I like.

Sai-kun

Banned
Yeah, Now is growing on me. The drum and guitar mix is a little quiet still, but Hayley's vocals are pretty good as usual.

Man, brand new eyes was such an awesome album.

SaintZ

I don't know how I feel about Now. I feel that the production doesn't sound as polished or something, I don't know how to explain it (at least from the official stream). Hayley's vocals still slay tho.

Man, New Paramore and Avril this year *.* <3 Pop Rock.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Billboard Hot 100: #1 Thrift Shop | #2 Locked Out Of Heaven | #3 Ho Hey | #4 Suit & Tie | #5 I Knew You Were Trouble.

x

Billboard Hot 100: #6 Scream & Shout | #7 Don't You Worry Child | #8 Diamonds | #9 Beauty And A Beat | #10 Home.

x

Justin with that #4. And y'all keep trying to come for him. bye

iECo6O9SQR3TW.gif

Truefact: He wouldn't be in the top 10 without airplay payola.

Such a smash.....

is4GXLsrRltDg.gif

Just yesterday 25% of the radio airplay the song had was purged. Radio stations know its not worth playing his songs if they not getting that cash.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The rolling effect happened yesterday and today he clocked a 2.5 million update. Y'all can stay seething. Radio is here for him. Poor you.

Trigger

I see y'all trying to get banned for spamming the same gif.
wQZoHRz.gif

Also: I'm really liking Tegan & Sara. I've never gave them a fair listen, but they're old stuff is slaying me.

Fey

Banned
the only song in itunes top 10 right now that i wouldn't mind beating thrift shop is S&S.

ihEcKD8qgUMOF.gif

we are in a serious pop drought, where my pop girls at ;-;

Kyon

Banned
wQZoHRz.gif

Also: I'm really liking Tegan & Sara. I've never gave them a fair listen, but they're old stuff is slaying me.

See when you do that is when it starts. Snitch ass pressed teachers pet heaux. Stay Rob and Londa

iCSpGvdrEgCoP.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
wQZoHRz.gif

I'm not a huge fan of them, but Closer has been my everything for the past month. It's such a killer track, and v. appropriate for my life.

They ARE pretty awesome live, though! When I saw The Killers a couple weeks ago, T&S opened up for them and were awesome. They played Feel It In My Bones :3

Sai-kun

Banned
Man where the hell is Little Boots 2. That shit needs to drop like...now. I wonder if she'll top Hands. It certainly seems like it so far! (shake owns)

Trigger

I'm not a huge fan of them, but Closer has been my everything for the past month. It's such a killer track, and v. appropriate for my life.

They ARE pretty awesome live, though! When I saw The Killers a couple weeks ago, T&S opened up for them and were awesome. They played Feel It In My Bones :3

It's everything. I've had it on repeat for most of today.

See when you do that is when it starts. Snitch ass pressed teachers pet heaux. Stay Rob and Londa

iCSpGvdrEgCoP.gif

Not Rob and Londa. SCREAMING

i3t6tIPNkaCJa.gif

royalan

Aretha Franklin weighs in on the Beyonce Lip Syncing scandal of 2013:

"When I heard the news this evening that she was pre-recorded I really laughed," Franklin told ABC News. "I thought it was funny because the weather down there was about 46 or 44 degrees and for most singers that is just not good singing weather. When I heard that I just really cracked up. I thought it was really funny, but she did a beautiful job with the pre-record ... next time I'll probably do the same."

The 70-year-old Franklin sang at President Barack Obama's first inauguration in 2009.

"I think it's optional really, it's up to the artist," Franklin continued. "In 2009, I wanted everything to be live and on the real side for the moment as it actually happened. Those were my feelings for my performance, but having come face to face with 28, 22 degrees I am not surprised she pre-recorded. She wanted her performance to be what she wanted to be and she realized it wasn't going to be the way she wanted it to be or she was going to be running a risk. That's probably why she pre-recorded exactly how she wanted it to be heard."

I make the conscious decision to take this as more of the subliminal shade Aretha has been throwing at Beyonce for years. Beyonce hew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom