• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marius was banned?

I was about to clock him on the #Unapologetic era.

Oh well...

okaye9fqag.gif

Marius was self banned apparently. His story is that he is paying penance for wearing a Britney avatar.

Don't normally come this way, but figured you guys would get a kick out of it. This girl's voice is amazing, true talent. Really well made cover.

David Guetta ft. Sia - Titanium (A Cappella cover)

Yeah I am really hyped about Sia. I have NO idea what her new solo album will sound like but I loved her two tracks with Guetta and I don't like many dance tracks.

ATRL is back "up".

..and laggier than ever. What a flop site.

Koodo

Banned
Not y'all paying that essay I posted absolute DUST. ;____;
I just read it. *.*

They raise a good point in regards to the unintended positioning of an artist; should Donna be expected to cater and rejoice in the gay scene if she never wanted to become a gay icon to begin with?

That being said, the article mentions that she frequently performed in the (gay?) club disco scene, which would be an acknowledgement of the gay demographic, if not downright pandering. In that case, then she should be completely called out on her remarks; not just because they were bigoted, but also because she was taking advantage of the gay scene and is only being a hypocrite by abandoning and disparaging the fanbase once she found another market to sell to.

Whatever the case though, she does seem to deserve a tribute by Xtigmata.
ibif838z4mrADf.gif

Majmun

No it's not sis.

And...ummm...Real Pic January isn't over.

But it seems that she sang it live. She just used a pre-recorded version of hers to guide her through it. But the pre-recorded song eventually hindered her, that's why shd removed the ear piece.

So yeah, everything was live. Except for the band? *.*

too lazy to change avi's, love

royalan

I just read it. *.*

They raise a good point in regards to the unintended positioning of an artist; should Donna be expected to cater and rejoice in the gay scene if she never wanted to become a gay icon to begin with?

That being said, the article mentions that she frequently performed in the (gay?) club disco scene, which would be an acknowledgement of the gay demographic, if not downright pandering. In that case, then she should be completely called out on her remarks; not just because they were bigoted, but also because she was taking advantage of the gay scene and is only being a hypocrite by abandoning and disparaging the fanbase once she found another market to sell to.

Whatever the case though, she does seem to deserve a tribute by Xtigmata.
ibif838z4mrADf.gif

I agree. I was actually really disappointed, because I discovered Donna Summer and stanned her music before I learned about her comments. Her greatest hits disc "The Journey: The Very Best of Donna Summer" is just immaculate. Fucking immaculate. ;___;

And there's no denying there's a certain something about her music that called to the gays. And, well, when you're the Queen of Disco and the club scene, it's kind of hard to believe that you would be unaware of the fact that a large portion of your fans are homosexual. So I don't buy that excuse at all. Whether or not she started her journey with the intent of becoming a "Queen" doesn't matter (one of the first Queens, in fact. Diva worship had been around forever, of course. But Donna Summer was one of the first to bring the culture of "Diva" and "Queen" to popular music). It that doesn't change the fact the she ultimately did become a Queen, and that she knowingly profited from it.

But it's strange, because as much as I feel that she DID mean her negative comments on the gay community (at least at the time she made them), I ALSO believe that she was a friend of the gays.

The more I read about Donna Summer's gay fiasco, the more it reminds me of what happened recently with Fantasia Barrino and her comments on the gays. Now, there's no denying that Fantasia's comments were meant to be negative, and there's no excuse that will change that. But, it's also true that a lot of Fantasia's close friends and business associates are gay. Her friend and manager is openly gay. And she has performed at many gay prides throughout her career. One could say she had all the makings of a gay icon until she made those comments. So why the disparity? I think religion and the way it's interpreted in the black community could be to blame. In the black community, especially among black celebrities, there's always been this idea of having a personal self and social self - the idea that you have these personal beliefs and social beliefs, and that the two are both completely separate AND totally equal. It's why you have this weird phenomenon of rappers rapping about killing, stealing, and glorifying violence, but then praising Jesus during an award acceptance speech. It could be that Fantasia believes that gays are both totally awesome AND totally wrong, and that she sees no real issue with these conflicting beliefs. It's also believable that Donna felt the same way...especially since her comments against gays came after she became a born again Christian.

Not that I'm arguing that that makes it right or even ok. I don't know. But nonetheless I'm sad, because I love Donna's music...;_______;

Bladenic

Not sure how I feel about this. For some reason I liked "Leavin" 4/5 years ago...

...but I can't remember any of his other songs. Didn't make much of an impression.

LOL death at you thinking this is recording a song. He's recording voices for KH 1.5, probably for the redone 358/2 cutscenes.

Kyon

Banned
Well it was meant more as a joke post. Because who is checking for him anyways? Altho that one song of his was a bop.

I don't wanna another pretty face, I don't want just anyone to hold, I don't want my love to go to waste. I want you and your beatiful soul, youre the one i wanna chase, youre the one i wanna hold, i wont let another minute go to waste, I want you and your beautiful SOOUUUULLLLLL!!!!! YOUR BEAUTIFUUUUUUUUL SOOOUUULLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

He was my JB
iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom