• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
This is fucking awesome

ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

This song is jusT

Bladenic

I can't believe Usher is getting paid 7 mil starting honestly. I can see Blake's salary being the smallest, but I am surprised at Adam's. Well and Cee Lo's being so high.

I can't believe Usher is getting paid 7 mil starting honestly. I can see Blake's salary being the smallest, but I am surprised at Adam's. Well and Cee Lo's being so high.

Cee Lo should be paid dust. The public isn't really aware of his work in Gnarls Barkley..... and outside of that he really has only been a one hit wonder solo.

I agree. They'll more than likely regret it.

Though to be fair I also thought I'd hate Nicki as a judge and she's slaying so far.

Eh I was optimistic about Nicki in that I watched some interviews before hand and she was earnest and relatively sharp. While also not being too concerned about being liked.

I am not sure Shakira can be critical which is a must to be a good judge.

What point are you proving? That you can reiterate stuff that Royalan has already posted?

ibbOB8cGj4i6my.gif

botty

Banned
Right!?

Although, as we heard with the original Sia version of Blank Page, Christina is very much capable of putting her own spin on a demo. I love Sia's version, but I can honestly say that I still love Xtina's version, too. She made it a completely different song. Our fave, Botty...she's jusT...;____;

Bless *.*

But going back to Beyonce's "writing credits," I was listening to some interviews earlier, and in this interview Ne-Yo talks on how artist steal writing credits. Ne-Yo also spills some tea on how Beyoncé got her credits on Irreplaceable.

It's a rare glimpse behind the curtain of the industry that I think everyone wouldn't mind hearing.

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Bless *.*

But going back to Beyonce's "writing credits," I was listening to some interviews earlier, and in this interview Ne-Yo talks on how artist steal writing credits. Ne-Yo also spills some tea on how Beyoncé got her credits on Irreplaceable.

It's a rare glimpse behind the curtain of the industry that I think everyone wouldn't mind hearing.

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

I thought we already knew this is how a lot of 'writers' got credit for writing their tracks. You can write a word or two or change a few words of what was originally given to you and be credited as a writer.

Mumei

Bless *.*

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

Does Beyoncé have any legitimate writing credited to her name? I've always had the impression that her writing credits were more technicalities than genuine. And by "legitimate", I mean that she wrote the lyrics and was intimately involved in the arrangement, composition, and production of the song.

Bey stans?

botty

Banned
I thought we already knew this is how a lot of 'writers' got credit for writing their tracks. You can write a word or two or change a few words of what was originally given to you and be credited as a writer.

Well, if anyone didn't know, and want to hear it from the horse's mouth... it's available.

iO5DbdgI8LyNP.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Does Beyoncé have any legitimate writing credited to her name? I've always had the impression that her writing credits were more technicalities than genuine. And by "legitimate", I mean that she wrote the lyrics and was intimately involved in the arrangement, composition, and production of the song.

Bey stans?

I thought the Destiny's Child stuff was mostly hers, but as she grew into a solo artist, and as the pressure of having a hit grew, so did the pressure of showing that you can still write.

DMeisterJ

Banned
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

Did she really start stealing writing credits as early as DC? I mean, I had always thought that at least from Survivor on she had taken control of writing/production since she wrote and produced every song save for one on that album. I kinda understand the writing credits could be iffy, but her getting lead writer and producer on each song makes it hard to believe they aren't legit.

botty

Banned
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

Did she really start stealing writing credits as early as DC? I mean, I had always thought that at least from Survivor on she had taken control of writing/production since she wrote and produced every song save for one on that album. I kinda understand the writing credits could be iffy, but her getting lead writer and producer on each song makes it hard to believe they aren't legit.

Beyoncé's parents have had her on a leash since she began her career. That voodoo witch Miss Tina even has writing credits on "Dangerously In Love"

b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Well so much for that theory, then.

lbr, the theory isn't flopping yet since the only replies are from people who aren't her biggest fans. I want to be clocked, but there are no receipts being posted by them.

Beyoncé's parents have had her on a leash since she began her career. That voodoo witch Miss Tina even has writing credits on "Dangerously In Love"

b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif
b3d79dc8.gif

omg
No way.

Bless *.*

ibrZwa42vmLFPm.gif

lol pretty hilarious....but its fairly standard stuff from what little I know of the process.

Glad I am a Kelly stan. She got offered writing credits for Stronger (if you listen to the demo she made some significant changes), but felt like it would be wrong and turned them down. Which essentially cost her a grammy nomination since the song is up for Record of the Year.

botty

Banned
lbr, the theory isn't flopping yet since the only replies are from people who aren't her biggest fans. I want to be clocked, but there are no receipts being posted by them.

omg
No way.

I used to stan for beyonce, prior to the 4lop era, and hardest during B'day era. I do remember seeing a Beyincé on the writing credits of a few Dangerously in Love tracks. And if I recall, that was Miss Tina's name before marriage.

I should double check.

edit: waiT... it's not even her mom, it's her cousin... "Angela Beyince"

Miss Tina keeping it in the family, bless.
b3d79dc8.gif

Glad I am a Kelly stan. She got offered writing credits for Stronger (if you listen to the demo she made some significant changes), but felt like it would be wrong and turned them down. Which essentially cost her a grammy nomination since the song is up for Record of the Year.
I wonder if Friedrich Nietzsche has any Grammys yet?

royalan

I used to stan for beyonce, prior to the 4lop era, and hardest during B'day era.

OMG sis, this is my EXACT progression!

Nobody believes me, but I used to stan HARD for Bey.

I guess I'm the Beyonce version of 3pheMeraLmiX: I hate so hard because I used to love her so much. ;____;

But those days are gooooone....

DMeisterJ

Banned
I used to stan for beyonce, prior to the 4lop era, and hardest during B'day era. I do remember seeing a Beyincé on the writing credits of a few Dangerously in Love tracks. And if I recall, that was Miss Tina's name before marriage.

I should double check.

edit: waiT... it's not even her mom, it's her cousin... "Angela Beyince"

Miss Tina keeping it in the family, bless.
b3d79dc8.gif

Angela Beyince is a writer, and has written a bunch of Bey's stuff. Who knows if she's part of the payroll tho.

----

Anyway, I'm glad my fave allows writers to shine and doesn't steal writing credits. Rihanna actually gave Sia and Calvin Harris their first trips to the summit of the Hot 100 as writers. She's so giving.

royalan

Anyway, I'm glad my fave allows writers to shine and doesn't steal writing credits. Rihanna actually gave Sia and Calvin Harris their first trips to the summit of the Hot 100 as writers. She's so giving.

Well, yeah. Only the immensely delusional would believe that Rihanna hasn't clocked Beyonce yet when it comes to sales, importance, integrity, impact, looks, trend-setting, not-giving-a-fuck, creativity, general celebrity...

botty

Banned
This was evident, though. Did you see the outfits they used to make her wear?
nnnnnnnnnn

Hew could forget?

OMG sis, this is my EXACT progression!

Nobody believes me, but I used to stan HARD for Bey.

I guess I'm the Beyonce version of 3pheMeraLmiX: I hate so hard because I used to love her so much. ;____;

But those days are gooooone....

If only she can go back to those itchy roots, and give us another B'day *.*

royalan

Ch...#neaux1curr about what Aussie nobody that fur-laden child is experimenting on with his penis.

LOOK AT HOW UGLY ADAM LEVINE IS IN THIS PICTURE

He looks like the troll that he is. I am SATISFIED.

Kyon

Banned
OMFGGGGGGG
Leaked Lobotney pics from S&S Remix

GODNEYYYYYYY IS COMING AGAINNNN

YAS SERVE DAT LIFELESS ROBOT TEA

BBjdJmkCUAA08mK.jpg

BS CHILE ALWAYS GETS TESE EXCLUSIVES SOMEHOW.

botty

Banned
Well, some artists can what others can't

Not all artists are equally talented.

I can't at a 19 year old Beyonce being a far more developed writer and producer than a 30 year old beyonce.

Bless.
ab6d3f1c.gif

OMFGGGGGGG
Leaked Lobotney pics from S&S Remix

GODNEYYYYYYY IS COMING AGAINNNN

YAS SERVE DAT LIFELESS ROBOT TEA

BBjdJmkCUAA08mK.jpg

BS CHILE ALWAYS GETS TESE EXCLUSIVES SOMEHOW.

Britney's parts in the video will be the only gem in the putrid trash that will be surrounding her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom