• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
You need to not get permabanned before we arrive.

iwb07CTRghPHz.gif

I was wondering why that hadn't happened yet, but apparently the system wasn't as simple as I thought.

you can get normal warning points for things like shading an artist, those expire after a month. But if you do something really bad, you get a permanent warning point. And once you get 20 of those you will be permabannedT.

Why would someone be stupid for renouncing their Ameri -barf- can citizenship for a better country like Switzerland?

....because very few Americans in the real world (aka not gaf) have the "fuck American" attitude that is so prevalent here.

Plus she has aspirations to use her stardom for political causes. To renounce her citizenship would be the end of that because no one would take a word she said seriously on ANY issue in the states.

>_____>

Watchu tryna say about Ms. Turner?
Completely different situation. She isn't active in music, she LIVES there, and she really isn't in the public eye anymore.

Koodo

Banned
....because very few Americans in the real world (aka not gaf) have the "fuck American" attitude that is so prevalent here.

Plus she has aspirations to use her stardom for political causes. To renounce her citizenship would be the end of that because no one would take a word she said seriously on ANY issue.
Aside from tax evaders, no one renounces their citizenship just because. They have valid reasons that do not fall under any circumstance as stupid.

By the time Gaga, or anyone, is even eligible to become a citizen of another country, they would have already been living in that country for several years (if not decades). Hardly anyone will be batting an eyelash for what is a common sense decision: to become the citizen of your actual, current and future home, and not cling to the soil you happened to have sled out of a vagina.

No one really cares about citizenship swaps anyway aside from the obsessively patriotic; not to mention not all countries make you renounce your original citizenship. I would have renounced my original citizenship if Canada had asked me to do so, though (as do most people moving here).

lol I get that.

I was working under the hypothetical of Gaga renouncing her citizenship in the NEAR future. Considering she hasn't lived anywhere else it would be a big news story.....especially considering her political activities.

royalan

Here's what each of the four Voice judges will reportedly earn for their time on the hit singing competition, according to The Hollywood Reporter and TV Week. The per-episode numbers assume that Season 4 will have 32 episodes, like Season 3. Check back for updates.

Shakira: $12 million, or $375,000 per episode

Usher: $7 million, or $218,750 per episode

Blake Shelton: No salary update for Season 4 yet, but last season he made $6 million, or $187,500 per episode

Adam Levine: No salary update for Season 4 yet, but last season he made $6 million, or $187,500 per episode

And in case you're curious, here's what Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo made last season:

Christina: $10 million, or $312,500 per episode

Cee Lo: $6 million, or $187,500 per episode

Read more at http://www.latinospost.com/articles...uch-money-judges-make.htm#kioBlDHGxJPqa8h8.99

...Wut?

Honestly surprised Usher's not getting more than that, tho.

Trigger

Shakira sure is getting paid. I'm not sure I get the logic behind dropping that much cash on an artist who's not as huge locally. Shakira has global appeal, but I'm not sure how much middle America cares for her.

...Wut?

Honestly surprised Usher's not getting more than that, tho.

Seems excessive for Shakira..... I understand they are trying to appeal to certain demographics with their new judges but I would have thought that Idol and X Factor would have taught them that its GOOD judges and talent that matter. Not star power. I don't think either she OR Usher have huge mainstream appeal anyways.

(who knows maybe the two new judges will turn out well)

We will see I suppose.

Koodo

Banned
They're probably banking on Shakira's global influence to increase the presence of the show in foreign markets (much like how American Idol is a big deal even internationally), and for her pull with the latino segment; this segment might tune in to watch even if they're not a fan of her in particular just because the show will seem, and it will probably actually be, more latino friendly.

Even if they were only taking domestic relevance into account though, Usher in this day and age is about as relevant as Shakira in the US. It definitely ain't 2004 anymore for him.

DMeisterJ

Banned
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 40.152 (+ 1.049)

Thats how we ball out...

RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 3.038 (+0.551)

Stay getting play before the adds date. She's coming.

bort

Guess I'll post this

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/exclusive/miley-cyrus-march-cover

cos-miley-cyrus-cosmo-march-cover-mdn.jpg

Cosmo: You collaborate with many unexpected names on this record. Safe to say you have a new sound?
Miley: I wrote this song with Mary J. Blige, and Tyler the Creator heard it and said, "I am obsessed with this song, and I will guest on it if you promise me that you will keep it on the album." And he killed it! I really didn't want to make a hip-hop record, and I'm not trying at all to be a Rihanna or a Nicki [Minaj]....That's not my vibe. When I was growing up, my older brother would sneak me Nelly CDs, my dad had me listening to Dolly [Parton] and Johnny [Cash], and my mom is a complete metal head. So this record is a weird mixture of all that.

Cosmo: Unlike a lot of musicians, you celebrate your competition.
Miley: Katy Perry's been my friend for fucking five years, and I'm not ever gonna let our work get between that relationship. If Katy sticks with being Katy, and Ke$ha is Ke$ha, and Rihanna is Rihanna, and I'm me, there's room for everybody. The problem is when people look at Gaga and say, "Oh, that works; I'm going to be like that."

Mau ®

I know this cunt is banned but I promised to clock ha at every turn during the #Unapologetic era and Imma keep to dat shit!!!

Marius_ said:
Not the Navy clinging to the UK for receipts, poor dat

Lets see Stay even chart in the US or anywhere else

ibrz3Ydxd0sOuJ.gif

Stay continues to STAY TOP 5 in the UK and is TOP 15 in two major markets: France and Germany, where its growing fast (especially Germany, where Diamonds slayed for 8 weeks at #1 *.* )

Thats 3/5 of the biggest world markets *.*

No video, no official adds date, no promo (beyond the UK). Oh.

Shine bright bitch!!

tumblr_lqp5nfjpyH1qewmu6o1_500.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I know this cunt is banned but I promised to clock ha at every turn during the #Unapologetic era and Imma keep to dat shit!!!

Stay continues to STAY TOP 5 in the UK and is TOP 15 in two major markets: France and Germany, where its growing fast (especially Germany, where Diamonds slayed for 8 weeks at #1 *.* )

Thats 3/5 of the biggest world markets *.*

No video, no official adds date, no promo (beyond the UK). Oh.

Shine bright bitch!!

tumblr_lqp5nfjpyH1qewmu6o1_500.gif

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

#ClapBack #RightTypeOfCunt #WeBadUMad #NAVY #clockedT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom