• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally Marius would post this but...... yeah.....

1D (Louis this time) keeps up their terrible taste in tattoo's.

V9Aa5Nt.jpg

Looks like a fish to me.

He is still flawless though.

i89VYOM1QhtQ6.gif

botty

Banned
Slaying Germany and France? ch.... Reverse local like Lana?

Lana is far more local, and doesn't sell as much as Rihanna. Then again, Lana's music is like a steak, and Rihanna's music is like a cheeseburger... a McDonald's cheeseburger.

Mau ®

Slaying Germany and France? ch.... Reverse local like Lana?

They're in the top 5 of the world's biggest music markets (as is the UK). Whats fake about that?

Its not like Im hyping up irrelevant music markets like Phillipines and or *cries* Spain. So please take a seat and remain pressed at Rih's success.

I would never eat at McDonalds, so I am not sure how it taste. I was mostly referring to something selling a lot, but being of the lowest quality... and potentially causing health problems.

Though its the fries and soft drink that are what do you in health wise.....but thats beside the point.

From what I've read, she's nowhere near 180 million records. Do you have receipts?

Trying to find. Pretty sure its legit.

Since records are singles + albums world wide and she has 7 albums and 45 singles (according to wiki if you include features) that would work out to be an average of 3.5 million each to reach 180 million.

Probably doable.

botty

Banned
Rihanna has about 23 top 10 singles, and is the biggest digital artist ever. That number doesn't even seem farfetched when you realize how much selling power she has, and the fact that it specifically says "records."

Mumei

Right, but: Receipts?

I mean, I remember seeing good receipts for ~100m in 2011; she's going to be well over that by 2013 but I'm rather skeptical about 180m even with new and catalog sales combined.

This strikes me as the sort of inflation that led to that silly Pepsi-Beyonce 'fact' sheet claiming Beyonce had over 100 million in album sales.

Hasn't Japan overtaken the US as the biggest music market? I could have sworn I read something about that very recently...

There was an article I read about it on ATRL and it is possible. It was bigger for a year a few years ago as well apparently. I am rather skeptical of the claim though considering Japans aging populace.

Another thing to consider is that their music tends to focus more on local artists rather than international megastars. So even if it is the biggest it has very little practical impact.

Fey

Banned
i don't blame xtincta for wanting to channel madonna considering that, unlike xtina, madonna's still able to produce #1 albums + top 10 hits.

Bless the Queens of Robopop for reigniting the Japanese music market. The Godtendo of music, tbh.

we have the same taste in everything tbh

iSSaVQmq2dOuW.gif

royalan

Roy, is that you in your pic?

I had a dream with a dude like that. We was at the club.
Yep, it's me. :)

And was it on a Tuesday night? That's usually when I'm in the club. lol

Oh lord...
VjvlV.gif

Our queen needs to stay away from channeling that primordial ooze.

Um, have you heard this mess: Just a Fool - Demo

I have...I'm amazed at the skills Christina holds to be able to have created such a great song from such a heinous demo.
VjvlV.gif

Musicalitina Artistlera

Who knew M.I.A. was older than me? Neat.

That Sri Lankan don't crack.

botty

Banned
i don't blame xtincta for wanting to channel madonna considering that, unlike xtina, madonna's still able to produce #1 albums + top 10 hits.

We all know Madonna just has her 8 decades of stans that purchased her music in bulk when it was first released. The subsequent record breaking drop in album sales, and the inability for "Flop Gone Wild" to have any impact were proof of her inability to be nothing more than a "greatest hits" touring artist. If Xtina needs to channel someone, it's Gaga... with that great fan/artist connection.

And it's a good thing we have Lady Gaga, because we definitely don't need Madonna anymore.

3phemeral

I have...I'm amazed at the skills Christina holds to be able to have created such a great song from such a heinous demo.
VjvlV.gif

Musicalitina Artistlera

Sounds pretty much the same, lick for lick, other than Christina and Blake's voice. I was expecting for the vocal arrangement to be different with that kind of comment. Seems Christina treated the demo the same way she sang Nicole's version of Beautiful People, which is exactly the same.

In other news, I didn't realize Claude did Toni's Melt. Love that song. :)

royalan

Sounds pretty much the same, lick for lick, other than Christina and Blake's voice. I was expecting for the vocal arrangement to be different with that kind of comment. Seems Christina treated the demo the same way she sang Nicole's version of Beautiful People, which is exactly the same.

In other news, I didn't realize Claude did Toni's Melt. Love that song. :)

Silly, you didn't hear how Christina changed the line from "I waited and waited so long" to "and I, waited and waited so long"? Fucking genius,

iKh491Yam20MW.gif

royalan

This is how Beyonce gets her writing credits.

4p0Y7.gif

Right!?

Although, as we heard with the original Sia version of Blank Page, Christina is very much capable of putting her own spin on a demo. I love Sia's version, but I can honestly say that I still love Xtina's version, too. She made it a completely different song. Our fave, Botty...she's jusT...;____;

Shakira The Voice salary - 12 million

Xtina - 10 million

iVQ1sSxAcMtkA.gif

Oh hush. 12 is not THAT much more than 10. And, considering Shakira is only locked in (and likely) to do one season of the show, and Christina did 2 seasons in the span of one year, Christina still will have earned more than any other judge by FAR.

To me, the big surprise with Shakira's pay was:

A) That she was getting paid so much. Although, I do agree with Koodo's reasoning for it. It's a gamble, but Shakira could be a huge draw with the Latino audience.

B) That she is getting paid so much MORE than the guys. If I were Blake or Adam, I'd be a little pissed right now. Then again, considering that their actual careers have profited from being on The Voice, that's probably enough for them to keep their traps shut about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom