• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

"British pop at its worst is worse than US pop"

"It's overall better"

Did he fucking lie?

3uKyjJF.gif

The Top Ten Best Hit Songs of 2012

he has strange tastes...

I CAN'T @ #9 omfg
eh, it's a blandbop, won't change the station on it on the radio

MENTION OF ANNIE MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

super weird list, #1 is flawless tho

This led me to watch his top 10 worst for the year. TOTALLY worth it (even though he hates some of my fav's). If you have a sense of humor you should watch it........

(Yes he drags 1D.... I am ok with that though.)

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...g-reviews-the-top-ten-worst-hit-songs-of-2012

TOP 20
2. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 171.422 (+ 1.224)
4. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 134.268 (+ 1.182)
6. PINK – Try: 120.157 (+ 1.069)
9. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 100.360 (+ 3.803) ▲
12. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 94.600 (+ 2.333) ▲
13. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 93.249 (+ 0.825) ▼
14. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 87.682 (+ 2.878) ▲
16. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 76.525 (+ 1.414) ▲
18. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 75.195 (+ 1.761) ▲

KE$HA – C’mon: 57.898 (+ 0.553)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 45.551 (+ 0.648)
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 43.770 (+ 1.752)

Curiosidades:
BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 17.447 (+ 0.712)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 4.611 (+ 0.704)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 4.033 (+ 0.580)
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 0.103

Kelly still has her momentum. So slow....... I am not going to get People Like Us till summer am I?

Not that I expect huge things from Kiss You, but it goes for adds tomorrow so it should be interesting.

Aguila

#ICONIC
My first single is actually not going 2 be Miss Amor / Miss Camaraderie. It's goin 2 be a song called "YUNG RAPUNXEL" prod. By @LILINTERNET
"YUNG RAPUNXEL" will be released February 12, 2013.

She changed the first single in the span of one day, and it looks like the album has been pushed back.

i1aL8GwVJxm24.gif

Trigger

What's going on?

Chris Brown was involved in an all-out brawl with Frank Ocean Sunday night, and sources connected with Chris insist Ocean started it.

Chris was at Westlake Studio in the L.A. area listening one of of the artists he represents. The sources say as Chris went to leave, Frank Ocean and his crew blocked Chris from leaving. The sources say Frank said, "This is my studio, this is my parking spot."

We're told Chris went to shake Frank's hand ... and that's when one of Frank's people attacked Chris. Sources connected with Chris say one of Chris' friends jumped in front and hit Frank's friend.

Sources connected with Chris say Frank then came at Chris ... Chris pushed him away and they started brawling.

The police were called and are one scene now.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/27/chris-brown-frank-ocean-fight-westlake-studio/

iTzq7pYu5f7WW.gif

royalan

What's going on?

Sis, where have U been!?

Chris and Frank got into a brawl at the studio last night. Chris is saying Frank started it, Frank is saying Chris started it.

I don't really care HEW started it. Chris is going to take heat either way because of his reputation. Deservedly.

botty

Banned
Apparently neither of them are going to press charges. With the injury Frank sustained during the "brawl," I expect an even worse performance during the grammys than at the VMAs. However, the confirmation of a performance pretty much means he will win some grammys that night.

I guess all the fake Francis stans will have something to celebrate after all.

7RMd1.gif

What's with the hate for Frank Ocean? Not that it's the first time that the gays needlessly hated on gay celebrities for no reason. It still counts as homophobia gworls.

cory64

I knew about the airplay rule change, but I didn't know about this side effect:
In the mid 90s, many songs were commercially released as singles after airplay was given a chance to grow to its maximum potential. This allowed songs to enter the Hot 100 at the top, a feat unheard of before 1995. Ten songs were able to do this, but after this change to the Hot 100, only ten singles (from four American Idol participants, Britney Spears, Eminem, Kesha, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry) have debuted at number one since.
#1 debuts
Michael Jackson — "You Are Not Alone" (September 2, 1995)
Mariah Carey — "Fantasy" (September 30, 1995)
Whitney Houston — "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" (November 25, 1995)
Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men — "One Sweet Day" (December 2, 1995)
Puff Daddy and Faith Evans featuring 112 — "I'll Be Missing You" (June 14, 1997)
Mariah Carey — "Honey" (September 13, 1997)
Elton John — "Candle in the Wind 1997" / "Something About the Way You Look Tonight" (October 11, 1997)
Céline Dion — "My Heart Will Go On" (February 28, 1998)
Aerosmith — "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" (September 5, 1998)
Lauryn Hill — "Doo Wop (That Thing)" (November 14, 1998)

So while that wouldn't work under today's rules, the strategy could still be used to propel a song to a higher peak than it would naturally attain (RCA, are you taking notes?).
Though it would result in a slight loss of overall sales.

With the rise of digital sales and streaming now being a part of the formula I think debut's at #1 are going to become far more common for established acts.

Adding singles sales to the formula was rather controversial at the time because it involved buying a single disc with only a song or two or three on it. Now that singles are SO dominant the system makes far more sense.

SaintZ

Omg, apparently Lana is back in the studio recording her new album. She's working with Rick Nowels, the man who produced American, Body Electric, Cola and some others.

cory64

I don't understand... wouldn't they still chart regardless of them not being commercially released as singles?

Before December 1998, a song couldn't chart on the Hot 100 unless a physical single was released.
"Don't Speak," "Lovefool," "Torn," "Iris," "Men In Black," probably missed out on #1s because of this, and a few others missed the top 5/10.

Of course, labels are still having problems getting the most out of the current ruleset by not releasing songs for streaming. (IKYWT)

royalan

What's with the hate for Frank Ocean? Not that it's the first time that the gays needlessly hated on gay celebrities for no reason. It still counts as homophobia gworls.

I just think he's overrated, his album overhyped, and that he gets a lot of undue press for using his come-out for promo. I also think that this has allowed the media to portray the urban community as more savage towards the gay community than it actually is (not to say that there isn't work to be done bringing the urban community up to speed, but the "poor brave Francis for coming out in such a violent community" articles were a bit much).

That being said ............he could still smash.

Kyon

Banned
I just think he's overrated, his album overhyped, and that he gets a lot of undue press for using his come-out for promo. I also think that this has allowed the media to portray the urban community as more savage towards the gay community than it actually is (not to say that there isn't work to be done bringing the urban community up to speed, but the "poor brave Francis for coming out in such a violent community" articles were a bit much).

That being said ............he could still smash.

Smash what exactly?
z63MU.gif

royalan

Quick, sistrens, I need an album to listen to at work. I'm really bored with my own playlist at the moment. ;______;

It needs to not-so-explicit.

Preferably R&B and/or Rhythmic Pop.

Mumei

Quick, sistrens, I need an album to listen to at work. I'm really bored with my own playlist at the moment. ;______;

You could be sensible and visit me in my Plug.dj room more often.

Listen to I'm Your Baby Tonight again

DMeisterJ

Banned

Justified
Aaliyah
Ashanti
Beyonce
OGq50.gif

Maxwell
TLC

Albums by any of these artists should suit you

cory64

1/2 chance that artp0p will be mostly anti-dynamic edmpop
1/4 chance that arTpop will be better than Born This Way
1/30 chance that a&rtpop will make me put my stan card back in my wallet again
1/1000 chance that artpoPp will come out before the 2-year anniversary of Gaga having a top 10 hit in the US.

Fey

Banned
1/2 chance that artp0p will be mostly anti-dynamic edmpop
1/4 chance that arTpop will be better than Born This Way
1/30 chance that a&rtpop will make me put my stan card back in my wallet again
1/1000 chance that artpoPp will come out before the 2-year anniversary of Gaga having a top 10 hit in the US.

only 1/4 chance it'll be better than born this way? did we get bad news recently??

speaking of which, gaga said she will "take over the world with ARTPOP." bold statement, but doesn't sound AS pretentious as "best album of the decade"

only 1/4 chance it'll be better than born this way? did we get bad news recently??

speaking of which, gaga said she will "take over the world with ARTPOP." bold statement, but doesn't sound AS pretentious as "best album of the decade"

Remember "Voice of a generation"?

Lowering her standards, just like her stans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom