• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

This one in particular. Probably my favorite Xtina performance (though it has its issues) AND song.

ibkqTOKNA8hyMg.gif

Shame I dislike almost all of her upbeat tracks.

royalan

Religious controversy? That gif is literally the extent of the religious part of the 'opening' for her hosting gig. When I think religious controversy, I think Madonna, Gaga, and Nicki's grammy performance. That costume was used for less than a minute.

VjvlV.gif

RIGHT!?

This is coming from the guy who stans GAGA - a woman who has made PATHETIC and TRYHARD religious shock tactics a major part of her young career. #iCANT

royalan

botty

Banned
Apparently Single Ladies is on the Beyonce setlist for her Superbowl performance. I wonder if she will avoid 4 all together, and just sing her hits.

royalan

Apparently Single Ladies is on the Beyonce setlist for her Superbowl performance. I wonder if she will avoid 4 all together, and just sing her hits.

!!!!!!!!! This reminds me!

So, what did I spend today doing? A friend of mine roped me into helping him cater a brunch for one of the local and well-to-do Episcopal churches here in Philly. LAWD, these religious folk know how to party.

I was near-drunk by 2PM because all the guests kept sneaking "the help" glasses of wine.

I'd never been assaulted by so many penis jokes in my ENTIRE LIFE.

But the highlight came when this British woman who had to be in her 70s STARTED a conversation with me about how she loved my hair because it reminded her of Solange Knowles, "who is always just so much more stylish than her big sister, Beyonce."

I was DEAD.

The TRUTH is the CHURCH.

botty

Banned
Probably for the best. Single Ladies would fit for the type of event it is.

I imagine the ratings would also suffer a severe decline if Black Britney Spears subjected viewers at home to one of those awful 4 songs. The performance will probably be very safe: lipsync to some old hits, then transition into a song off of the new album.

!!!!!!!!! This reminds me!

So, what did I spend today doing? A friend of mine roped me into helping him cater a brunch for one of the local and well-to-do Episcopal churches here in Philly. LAWD, these religious folk know how to party.

I was near-drunk by 2PM because all the guests kept sneaking "the help" glasses of wine.

I'd never been assaulted by so many penis jokes in my ENTIRE LIFE.

But the highlight came when this British woman who had to be in her 70s STARTED a conversation with me about how she loved my hair because it reminded her of Solange Knowles, "who is always just so much more stylish than her big sister, Beyonce."

I was DEAD.

The TRUTH is the CHURCH.

Did she lie?

tumblr_mfyjhbcG3f1rqgjz2o1_500.jpg

Looking like a white Yoko Ono.

4p0Y7.gif

Artemisia

Banned
#oop

But yeah, itstillapplies.gif

Anyhew...Taylor sure is diving in to this Diet Coke "partnership".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LyoTb3fxEnU#!

The way she's describing it, it sounds exactly like the "creative partnership" Beyoncétan has going with Pepsi. At least Taylor didn't have to compromise herself to shell out for a big corporation, tho.

Indeed. She's stated before that diet coke is her favorite drink so I don't know why people are acting like she's suddenly started to support it.

When will Befraudcé?

Nemesis_

We only just started getting Cherry Zero over here.

All I can say is *O* and I don't even drink this kind of stuff usually.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I like how we're acting like Diet Soda is better than regular soda. They're both not good for you, and if Bey should be ashamed, so should Taylor.

Did I lie?

I like how we're acting like Diet Soda is better than regular soda. They're both not good for you, and if Bey should be ashamed, so should Taylor.

Did I lie?

Yes 100%.

There is 0 actual scientific evidence supporting the supposed negative health effects of the artificial sweeteners in Diet sodas when we are talking the quantities that it is practical to consume. They are FAR better for you that the calorie heavy sugared soda's.

To be able to damage yourself with artificial sweeteners you would have to be actively TRYING to hurt yourself because of the massive quantities you would have to consume (same as anything else consumed in massive quantities).

*leaves soapbox*

lol sorry.... this has been discussed so many times in weight loss gaf that it drives me nuts.

Of course water is best though.

Nemesis_

Did I lie?

Yes.

Most of the published and peer-reviewed literature has tested on rats in amounts that the normal human being wouldn't consume during an average day.

I don't drink it much at all, but if I want to have something besides water I will have a diet "soda"

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of carbonated sugar water that causes health problems.

7be5c36a.gif

I don't drink like Xtina does so my health will remain good :3

royalan

Did I lie?

Did Taylor Swift play a major role in a national campaign, spearheaded by the FLOTUS haself, to combat childhood obesity?

No?

Bladenic

I stopped drinking soda (again) but lord I could never submit myself to such torture as to drink nasty Diet sodas. I suppose that the point of diet soda is to taste dumbed down, basic, and gross, but I cannot see how so many others stand it.

Official RCA ad posted to billboard's website this week.

I can't believe that RCAncient is NOW trying it with JAF...over it

Yeah they having been planning a re-release and new push on top 40 and country for a while now. It was discussed a few days ago I believe. (I think the official relaunch date is a week or so from now)

Though I think its an exercise in futility.

Nemesis_

Chris Brown was involved in an all-out brawl with Frank Ocean Sunday night, and sources connected with Chris insist Ocean started it.

Chris was at Westlake Studio in the L.A. area listening one of of the artists he represents. The sources say as Chris went to leave, Frank Ocean and his crew blocked Chris from leaving. The sources say Frank said, "This is my studio, this is my parking spot."

We're told Chris went to shake Frank's hand ... and that's when one of Frank's people attacked Chris. Sources connected with Chris say one of Chris' friends jumped in front and hit Frank's friend.

Sources connected with Chris say Frank then came at Chris ... Chris pushed him away and they started brawling.

The police were called and are one scene now.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/27/chris-brown-frank-ocean-fight-westlake-studio/

iTzq7pYu5f7WW.gif

royalan

Yeah they having been planning a re-release and new push on top 40 and country for a while now. It was discussed a few days ago I believe. (I think the official relaunch date is a week or so from now)

Though I think its an exercise in futility.

Wait...

WUT?

Receipts? Because I would love that. *.*

I just hope RCA realizes that it's going to take a real push to make ANY Christina work on radio. Her relationship with radio is practically BELOW non-existent at this point, and they're not just going to play her music with no support or push from Xtina and/or her label. The proof of that was Your Body flopping, despite so many people initially stanning for it (STILL the best "comeback song" of the last two years, imo). She needs to rebuild, and that's going to require a calculated push from RCA...and calculated moves is something they've screwed up this entire era.

Wait...

WUT?

Receipts? Because I would love that. *.*

I just hope RCA realizes that it's going to take a real push to make ANY Christina work on radio. Her relationship with radio is practically BELOW non-existent at this point, and they're not just going to play her music with no support or push from Xtina and/or her label. The proof of that was Your Body flopping, despite so many people initially stanning for it (STILL the best "comeback song" of the last two years, imo). She needs to rebuild, and that's going to require a calculated push from RCA...and calculated moves is something they've screwed up this entire era.

Uhhh lol.

I am not 100% sure where I read it. I found it while looking for something else.

Will attempt to locate it again. It may have been Wikipedia meaning it could end up being complete BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom