• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly has confirmed that she is performing at the Grammy's, though she didn't mention what she would be singing. The way she talks about it makes it seem like it is still up in the air.

I guess my pessimism was unjustified.

https://soundcloud.com/wooferson3/saturday-night-online-2-2

Also talks about inauguration, grammy awards themselves, etc.

iQRbZw8JAv75l.gif

Botty, that Red Sin ad has to be old. Red Sin isn't her new fragrance; it came out years ago.

In my eyes there was no Lotus promotion. What little we got was so mismanaged and ill-timed that she might as well have not even bothered.

Only one radio interview all era.

No performance of the lead single.

Spending what few television appearances she did give this era gushing about The Voice, her "Big Bro Blake" and how the contestants motivated her to embrace her "pop stariness"...

No performances period until album release week, and even then NONE of the performances were of singles.

No payola or video for Just a Fool.

No visibility whatsoever.

If she's trying to send the message that Lotus was never an album she wanted to make, she's sending it loud and clear. I just wish she wouldn't keep putting out albums that she has no intention of properly promoting; It's DESTROYING her brand. At this point, Xtina's brand in music is weaker than it would be if Back To Basics, from over 7 years ago, were still her most recent album.

Whatever. The era is over and I'm over iT. For the time being, I'm stanning Vitamin C.
Gworl my fave is spending the next week in Switzerland doing god knows what when she has a UK tour in about five minutes and a US release to, you know, start thinking about maybe.

(´ー`)┌

Trigger

RE Leona: I really love parts of Glassheart. This album doesn't deserve to flop. ;_;

Whatever. The era is over and I'm over iT. For the time being, I'm stanning Vitamin C.

GRADUATION SONG NOW AVAILABLE ON ITUNES!

I'm sure the flu is seething.
bhuHH.gif

Kelly has confirmed that she is performing at the Grammy's, though she didn't mention what she would be singing. The way she talks about it makes it seem like it is still up in the air.

I guess my pessimism was unjustified.

https://soundcloud.com/wooferson3/saturday-night-online-2-2

Also talks about inauguration, grammy awards themselves, etc.

But we still don't know the song right? I hope it's PLU.

But we still don't know the song right? I hope it's PLU.

Me too.

They are in an awkward spot though. I don't think anyone expected CMB to keep rising as long as it has. So if they go with PLU they could be cutting off CMB well before it peaks.

I wouldn't mind though. At BEST Catch My Breath will peak around 10-15 on hot 100.

Trigger

iFFSDq0NYUzYU.gif

I approve of this new Haus Collection.

Me too.

They are in an awkward spot though. I don't think anyone expected CMB to keep rising as long as it has. So if they go with PLU they could be cutting off CMB well before it peaks.

I wouldn't mind though. At BEST Catch My Breath will peak around 10-15 on hot 100.

Yeah, it happens to everyone at some point.

botty

Banned
Botty, that Red Sin ad has to be old. Red Sin isn't her new fragrance; it came out years ago.

Xtina retweeted this 2 days ago:

searsStyle ‏@searsStyle
Today's @searsStyle #searsBeauty giveaway features @TheRealXtina's newest fragrance, #RedSin. Join us at 4pm ET! pic.twitter.com/iD40hghb

This picture was attached:

Which correlates with her previous tweet about doing a photo shoot for a new fragrance. I honestly don't know what is going on. I can't with this confusing mess.

iy6WwRMUNgIHn.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I see the Xtuna stans are putting as much effort into stanning as their fave did during her last "era".

You periods should stan for some hard workers who actually tour and promote their product rather than sit on spinning chairs claiming their albums are beyond people's comprehension.

cory64

This is a sad moment, just because I know she's capable of being a good force in the music industry.
She will be missed.

Bladenic

I see the Xtuna stans are putting as much effort into stanning as their fave did during her last "era".

You periods should stan for some hard workers who actually tour and promote their product rather than sit on spinning chairs claiming their albums are beyond people's comprehension.

I legit laughed. But not a lie was detected.

I know I kept saying final nail and stuff jokingly. But if there is no Lotus Tour, then that will be the true final nail, all joking aside.

botty

Banned

So we should stan for Gaga?

Trigger

So she's promoting an old fragrance with new photos and promotion and not her album?

iMSzm2WzQ0cdo.gif

Maybe she's just not into charting and making successful albums anymore?

botty

Banned
I'm just going to assume her career has taken on a life of its own, assuming there is no success in the future, and is now time traveling to the past where she had major success.

We might have to sit through another Bionic and Back to Basics era, but in a few years she'll be Strippedtina again. Yeah, I'll just go with that for now.

iy6WwRMUNgIHn.gif

Nemesis_

I thought Blackberry were supposedly more secure than other phones, hence why quite a few celebrities and business people seem to have them.

>_>

I thought Blackberry were supposedly more secure than other phones, hence why quite a few celebrities and business people seem to have them.

>_>

For a long time that was the case and many corporations/government agencies used them as a result.

As of late the other systems have closed the gap though.

SaintZ

botty said:
edit: Do you think Lana will reinvent herself for the next era?
I doubt Lana will reinvent herself, sadly. She is still working with Justin Parker (Video Games, Born To Die) and Rick Nowels (Dark Paradise, Without You) but it's nice to see that she's working with some new people too. Who knows for sure though, she might surprise us.

I hope she works with Rick Rubin again *.* Ride still slays.

botty

Banned
I doubt Lana will reinvent herself, sadly. She is still working with Justin Parker (Video Games, Born To Die) and Rick Nowels (Dark Paradise, Without You) but it's nice to see that she's working with some new people too. Who knows for sure though, she might surprise us.

I hope she works with Rick Rubin again *.* Ride still slays.

Her opening monologue for Ride is still one of 2012's highlights.

Nemesis_

I'm so thankful that I was late to the Monster Pit (not the line, but the pit itself) but was like, third row back. *.* Except for Starlight. But who cares about that.

royalan

iOgv9srir8sm7.gif

The Worst Stans Ever Award still go to the few people who were checking for Ke$ha in this thread...wherever they went. At least the #Fighters rode dirty for a bit. Ke$hit's stans ducked out before the first week sales were even finished drying. Just sad.

Xtina's still a badder bitch than most of yall's faves...
she's just over it ;______;

Styles

Wonderstruck13 ‏@SwiftyAngel
@ScottBorchetta are you excited for Grammys??? D

Scott Borchetta ‏@ScottBorchetta
@SwiftyAngel YES - TAYLOR'S PERFORMANCE IS GOING TO BE SICK!!!!! MAKE SURE YOU ARE WATCHING THE SHOW FROM THE VERY BEGINNING..

LOOKS LIKE TAYLOR WILL BE OPENING THE GRAMMYS AS HINTED BY SCOTT BORSHITTA

Gettin' lost upstate ‏@13TSxFearless13
@ScottBorchetta is Taylor going I sing All Too Well at the Grammy's?

Scott Borchetta ‏@ScottBorchetta
@13TSxFearless13 NOPE

!!!!
MIGHT AS WELL GIVE THE PERFORMANCE SLOT TO XTINCTA IF SHE PERFORMS WANEFLOP AGAIN
i3ShOaI73K9hM.gif

LOOKS LIKE BORSHITTA'S CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN

Styles

Her off-key performances are usually the memorable ones, so I will be happy if she does indeed fucks it up.

e5033329.jpg

I think she intentionally sings off-key.

iEXZgaJIAUgjC.gif

Radio:

TOP 10

1. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 193.627 (- 2.217)
2. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 183.576 (+ 2.197)
3. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 152.614 (- 2.661)
4. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 134.052 (- 0.559)
5. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 129.729 (+ 3.038)
6. PINK – Try: 124.799 (+ 0.408)
7. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 121.224 (+ 1.962)
8. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 112.051 (+ 3.280)
9. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 99.760 (- 3.707)
10. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 99.155 (- 1.058)

FILA

11. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 94.374 (- 0.205)
12. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 91.413 (- 1.198)
13. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 89.010 (- 0.008)
14. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 86.300 (+ 2.100) ▲
15. FLO RIDA – I Cry: 84.728 (- 2.138) ▼
16.KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 82.772 (+ 1.178)
17. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 81.166 (+ 0.815)
18. ED SHEERAN – The A Team: 78.909 (- 0.703)
19. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 74.929 (- 0.558)
20. FUN. – Some Nights: 73.721 (- 0.621)

OUTRAS

JASON ALDEAN – The Only Way I Know: 68.262 (+ 0.131)
GARY ALLAN – Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain): 66.841 (- 1.039)
A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 65.306 (+ 1.028)
KE$HA – C’mon: 60.203 (+ 0.206)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 57.311 (+ 1.338)
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 55.236 (+ 1.758)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 53.816 (+ 0.414)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 46.749 (- 0.002)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 38.174 (+ 0.815)
BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 32.274 (+ 2.338)
MUSE – Madness: 28.902 (+ 0.456)
FUN. – Carry On: 26.011 (+ 0.411)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 23.353 (+ 0.832)

Curiosidades:

PITBULL – Feel This Moment: 19.180 (+ 1.352)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 18.265 (+ 1.754)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 9.490 (+ 1.394)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 9.426 (+ 0.856)
BON JOVI – Because We Can: 9.196 (+ 0.793)
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 0.191

With so many songs faltering a top 10 for Kelly suddenly seems possible.

Alicia's second wave on radio seems to have run out of steam.

I also take GREAT pleasure in Ed Sheeran failing to make top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom