• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
I like how Jennifer can never get a gig singing her own songs. She always has to sing something from someone else. Poor flop.

ibhfzaXoKCW9rV.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Yes, that was live

So much screeching.

I WILL NOT STAND FOR HOMEWRECKERS BEING REWARDED FOR LYING ABOUT THEIR BASTARD CHILDREN'S PATERNAL FATHERS. WHORES SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO BE SEEN IN PUBLIC EYE.

Cute.

I WILL NOT STAND FOR HOMEWRECKERS BEING REWARDED FOR LYING ABOUT THEIR BASTARD CHILDREN'S PATERNAL FATHERS. WHORES SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO BE SEEN IN PUBLIC EYE.

B- Overall.

I actually liked the approach, but it was poorly executed at times. Doesn't measure up to Jhud/Carrie/Kelly in recent years (let alone Whitney but no one expects anyone to live up to that).

Nemesis_

With today (or yesterday I guess) being BEY DAY, I thought I would pay homage to one of her most iconic inspired character - Ariel Alderman from Nip/Tuck (Season 3).

When Ariel expressed anger over a nativity scene display on school grounds featuring black characters, Matt helped her return later that night to steal the statues. They painted the "skin" of the figures pure white and returned them. While they were painting the figures, Ariel confided in Matt that she learned she had 1/16 African blood in her. She learned about her black ancestry after trying to make a family tree as part of a school project. She became fearful of her skin gradually becoming darker and eventually leading to her father finding out and no longer loving her. She convinced Matt to steal some skin bleaching cream from Julia's spa. Although he stole the cream, Matt eventually decided not to give it to her and instead suggested a counselor for image problems that his grandmother had recommended.

Ariel refused and took the cream from Matt's bag. After applying the cream, which burnt her face, Matt took her to Christian for help. Matt also called Mr. Alderman and asked him to come to McNamara/Troy. Matt told him the truth about Ariel's ancestry, but Ariel denied it and claimed the face cream she used was Matt's idea to "try to lighten her freckles". After choosing to believe that Matt was lying about the ancestry, Mr. Alderman exchanged words with Christian and left with Ariel.

Ariel later encounters Matt at a department store shopping for makeup for Cherry Peck, and rips on him for hanging out with Cherry (while Matt makes Nazi jokes against her), then threatening him before walking away. Before she leaves, the viewer sees her talking to her father, but it is not heard.

i4m6ZKuK49cTY.gif

Bey, her influence.

royalan

B- Overall.

I actually liked the approach, but it was poorly executed at times. Doesn't measure up to Jhud/Carrie/Kelly in recent years (let alone Whitney but no one expects anyone to live up to that).

I agree with this. I really enjoyed the jazzy rendition. It was very classy.

The funny thing about that performance is that it was all of Alicia's LOW NOTES that were pitchy. It was like she was preparing so much for the belts that she was prepared to come down from them. Ultimately, that's what killed the rendition for me. Jazz lives and thrives in the mid to lower registers. If she was going to go that route she could have dodged the belting all together and gave us something really subtle and sultry.

Majmun

I'm sure Bey's performance was inspired by something.

You guys don't understand how this works. Artist get inspired by things all the time. Look at Gaga. She'd probably be irrelevant if it weren't for Madonna's impact. And no one wants to give out uninspired performances like Kelly does.

botty

Banned

You guys don't understand how this works. Artist get inspired by things all the time. Look at Gaga. She'd probably be irrelevant if it weren't for Madonna's impact. And no one wants to give out uninspired performances like Kelly does.

oop

WKKIz.gif

The lashing out at other artists unnecessarily.

#MESS

ibsI1S6x5Osfzp.gif

Kyon

Banned
*.*

I never drink soda tbh. Only water and lipton green tea for me. I just can't stand the taste of soda somehow.

But I'm going to buy the Pepcé cans, if they'll ever get released here.

The ones they got don't have her face on it tho :( oh well I'll pretend it's still promo

royalan

You are absolutely right. Bless Bey. *.*

Mumei

I agree with this. I really enjoyed the jazzy rendition. It was very classy.

The funny thing about that performance is that it was all of Alicia's LOW NOTES that were pitchy. It was like she was preparing so much for the belts that she was prepared to come down from them. Ultimately, that's what killed the rendition for me. Jazz lives and thrives in the mid to lower registers. If she was going to go that route she could have dodged the belting all together and gave us something really subtle and sultry.

Not you acting like it wasn't flat-out terrible.

I'm likng this new you even more *.*

I just hope that your Bey stanning won't be the kiss of death for her carreer, like it was for Lotus and Xtina. lol :p

lol.....Bey's career has been following the Lotus path for a while without his help.

iboyJrJ8MEK8RS.gif

"Z" album is supposedly amazing but had disappointing sales and flop singles.

I don't think anyone could tell whether it is Bey's 4 or Xtina's Lotus that is being talked about in that hypothetical sentence.

Majmun

Hasn't 4 sold more than most Kelly albums?

All I know is that it has sold like 3mln units ww. While Bionic and Lotus have reached 1/10 of that success with a lot of hardship

Hasn't 4 sold more than most Kelly albums?

It has sold better than two of her albums.

It outsold Stronger in the US but WW they are about tied.

Doesn't change the fact that Kelly had a #1 single and her album sold more than her last. Whereas "4" sold less than 1/3 of what Bey's previous album did.

Majmun

It has sold better than two of her albums.

It outsold Stronger in the US but WW they are about tied.

Doesn't change the fact that Kelly had a #1 single and her album sold more than her last. Whereas "4" sold less than 1/3 of what Bey's previous album did.

Aaaanndd?

Most major artists have had a flop album. Or even more than just one. You can't deny this fact.

It's just that Bey's biggest flop still managed to sell 3mln units. It even outsold Born This Way last year...

Fey

Banned

what a wonderful post

go bey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom