• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaanndd?

Most major artists have had a flop album. You can't deny this fact.

It's just that Bey's biggest flop still managed to sell 3mnl units. It even outsold Born This Way last year...

Of course.

My point was that Bey's career at this moment isn't the healthiest out there.

Not sure what the Born This Way comment was about. Neither was released last year and neither managed to pass 1 million units world wide for the whole year. In total it is still 6 million vs 2.1 ....... not really a fight.

(Not sure where your 3 million units # is coming from.)

Nemesis_

what a wonderful post

ifWmlArClPRe4.gif

Stefan™;47263617 said:
Bey sold that much with no hit single? :O

Yeah I was surprised. Checking the charts the total number of albums sold is probably between 2.1 - 3 million. Though 3 million would be a maximum and I think its much closer to the lower end.

She sold about 1 million in the first month so it had fairly decent legs.

It is important to note that her first two singles actually did fairly well in the UK. Which no doubt helped her sales.

Majmun

Stefan™;47263617 said:
Bey sold that much with no hit single? :O

I think there's a receipts thread over at atrl.

Total 4 sales only in Uk & Us are 1.9mln

I'm sure that if you'd count the sales in the other countries you'd be adding at least 500k sales for sure.

I think there's a receipts thread over at atrl.

Total 4 sales only in Uk & Us are 1.9mln

I'm sure that if you'd count the sales in the other countries you'd be adding at least 500k sales for sure.

Probably. it was 2.1 million WW at the end of the year in 2011.

It has probably sold a couple hundred thousand since then. I am skeptical that it could have gotten up to 3 million though.

Kyon

Banned
NAWT my hypocrite flop opinionated family getting MAD when they heard singing in the Taco Bell commercial thinkin they were missing BEY. I KNEW she would SLAY the non believers. The PLANET is checking for her.

Majmun

Probably. it was 2.1 million WW at the end of the year in 2011.

It has probably sold a couple hundred thousand since then. I am skeptical that it could have gotten up to 3 million though.

2,1 mln ww by the end of 2011. And we know that she sold almost 300k albums last year in NA . So that's 2,4mln ww for sure. That's not even including the other countires in 2012. And the album seems to have great legs. I'm sure the album will peak at 3mln tho.

And I really hope she'll be debuting new material during the half-time.

Majmun

Damnn, how long does a football match last? And I always thought that watching a 90minute soccer match was a DRAG

2,1 mln ww by the end of 2011. And we know that she sold almost 300k albums last year in NA . So that's 2,4mln ww for sure. That's not even including the other countires in 2012. And the album seems to have great legs. I'm sure the album will peak at 3mln tho.

And I really hope she'll be debuting new material during the half-time.

Receipts thread says 2.4-2.6 million WW depending on which tracker you use.

http://atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137516

I agree. She better debut some new material or I will rage lol.

Only reason I am watching is the possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom