• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Saw Ellie Goulding last night. I have some problems with the way she performs some of her songs, and the first half of the setlist was pretty disappointing/boring, but she really kicked ass for the last 8 or 9 songs, and I left the venue super pumped up and happy with the show.

Figure 8 live = disappointing as fuck

Without Your Love, Halcyon, and I Need Your Love = awesome as fuck

Also, when she played Lights, about 3/4 of the way through the song it transitioned to the Bassnectar (wubwubwub) remix, which I didn't know about, and it blew my mind. Amaaaazing.

Bright Lights is stil >>>>>>>> Halcyon.

Majmun

Y'all are so ratchet. <3<3<3

bIB2C0R.gif

iUs97nePgvOqS.gif

Poor Michelle. Everyone is making fun of her. She's still cute, though

Wasn't this also one of the shittest match ups this year in terms of Superbowl? So less people were interested anyway? I read this on Twitter so not sure how true it might be.

I don't think this is the case. The 49ers are one of those clubs with a massive fanbase and wide appeal based on their past successes. The Ravens are mid tier in terms of popularity but not at the bottom either. I can think of many match ups that would have produced lower ratings.

cory64

I heard Christina's voice on the radio.
@roy but it was PST so it doesn't count

Def Jam needs to make Unapologetic available for streaming so Pour It Up can reach its full potential.

Koodo

Banned
Am I the only one that likes the idea of Britney doing Vegas?

It's not like a residency would interfere with the meagre promo she does these days, and it's a much more comfortable routine than trotting around the globe for a tour. Not to mention more intimate and private after the publicity of the opening fades away.

I suppose people living in major cities would be seething, but I'm not particularly sympathetic towards those spoiled cunts.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Majmun

I thought performing in Vegas was for for semi-retired artists only? Like The Hag, Cher and Celine...

Brit should just stick to world tours for now, tbh.

For those interested in a slow jam, Leona's feature on Support Your Local Drug Dealer that she recorded earlier this year was just released.

Love the ad-libs at the end. I hope she records some new material for the international release of Glassheart like she did for Echo.

For those interested in a slow jam, Leona's feature on Support Your Local Drug Dealer that she recorded earlier this year was just released.

Love the ad-libs at the end. I hope she records some new material for the international release of Glassheart like she did for Echo.

Is the international release still on track/happening? Haven't heard anything in a while.

I feel like she specifically went in the direction of dance pop on the album (especially with Glassheart), but I think that train is leaving the station sooner rather than later on that craze. She could miss it entirely if her label waits much longer.

Mau ®

Britney, the touring artist, is in danger. The Circus Tour was a smashing success but the Femme Fatale Tour, despite being backed by bigger hit songs, merely grossed above half of what the Circus Tour made.

Obviously signs of financial problems like cost-cutting (they removed the runway stage as well as several stage props), discounts, and just overall lower demand should tell you people just arent interested in Britney as a performer.

A Vegas show is a good choice for her at this point IMO.

Is the international release still on track/happening? Haven't heard anything in a while.

I feel like she specifically went in the direction of dance pop on the album (especially with Glassheart), but I think that train is leaving the station sooner rather than later on that craze. She could miss it entirely if her label waits much longer.
Yep, "Glassheart" (the track) is the most current sounding song on the album, but even that will sound dated in a couple of months after the dubstep train loses steam.

Not sure what the plan is. She has her UK tour in May, so any international release must happen before then. I'm worried, but she's confirmed some US promo already...

I'm loving this
LleIbnb.gif
The ghetto version without the flop rapper is even better :p

botty

Banned
oh waiT...

why are you guys attacking Miguel for promoting safe sex? Do your faves do anything nearly as decent or ethical?

402739116.jpg

royalan

I'm confused as to why people weren't saying Chris Brown, Usher, Drake, Trey Songz, D Angelo, Debarge, Tyrese, Sisqo, Omarion, B2K, Blackstreet, and Pretty Ricky weren't being tryhard and desperate for doing the same thing is Miguel.

Where have you guys been? The on-stage striptease has been par for the course in male R&B for decades.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Noooooooooo

Wait... what are you trying to say?
i9iSPJ2g1OxOV.gif

You know exactly what I'm saying.

iy6WwRMUNgIHn.gif

I'm confused as to why people weren't saying Chris Brown, Usher, Drake, Trey Songz, D Angelo, Debarge, Tyrese, Sisqo, Omarion, B2K, Blackstreet, and Pretty Ricky weren't being tryhard and desperate for doing the same thing is Miguel.

Where have you guys been? The on-stage striptease has been par for the course in male R&B for decades.

Post some vids of them so we can attack them as well.

botty

Banned

You better educate these girls, roy.

I mean, what Miguel is doing isn't nearly as revolting as a Bobby Brown pelvic thrust.

Fey

Banned
yeah i've seen some of those guys do these kinds of things. i can't remember if any of them went as far as miguel, but i definitely remember watching videos years ago like chris brown stripping and humping the stage and stuff.

all of them are gross

royalan

yeah i've seen some of those guys do these kinds of things. i can't remember if any of them went as far as miguel, but i definitely remember watching videos years ago like chris brown stripping and humping the stage and stuff.

all of them are gross

Not only has Chris Brown, Usher, Akon, R.Kelly, Omarion etc. done everything Muguel has, they've taken it a step further by actually simulating sex acts on women they bring to the stage from the audience (unless Miguel does that later in the video. I can't watch the whole thing). Seriously, not every act does it, but it's an R&B staple.

They were being tryhard and desperate.

Happy now?

iOP5ZT3knGgXM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom