• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I'm trying to understand the logic of announcing a tour before the album. This is giving me early teas of a messed up era, management-wise.

What I find strange is that there was very reliable intel that Beysus (who I love with all my heart) was testing two songs in some nowhere markets - "Rollercoaster" and "12 Roses".

This was over a month ago.

And now she's let the Super Bowl go by without an ounce of promo? Something's afoot.

And I'm terrified. ;____;

Koodo

Banned
Bitch plz.

You know the Unapologetic era has been flawlessly handled so far. Do not deny it!!
I wonder if we'll ever have a discussion on a Rihanus era being musically flawlessly handled.

iYnfPJoIPBqFa.gif

Mau ®

We all know Stay and Pour it Up are the new singles but what do you guys think should be the next singles?

Nobody's Business for an early summer single would be great. She doesnt need to send an urban single out since it appeals to both pop and urban.

I want Lov7 Song to be a single too. I hear it all the time on urban radio. Such a jam. I think its now my fav song from Unapologetic hand down, after Diamonds.

Mau ®

Did ya'll see the Xtincta shade in the Fallout Boy thread in the OT?

I sing, i've been singing for like 12 years and when alternative-poprock was at it's peek Fall Out Boy was a band i enjoyed listening too and some of their songs were awhole lot of fun singing! They've been gone for awhile, but now they're back and before i clicked the YT-link i was like "this is gonna be gooood!" but then i got a sour taste in my mouth/ears and i couldn't bother to finish the song..

The song is called "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsfY8iFbYjE

... And it kinda feels Christina Aguilera:ish? I don't know, but i don't like it.

i was like "this is gonna be gooood!" but then i got a sour taste in my mouth/ears and i couldn't bother to finish the song.

it kinda feels Christina Aguilera:ish? I don't know, but i don't like it

then i got a sour taste in my mouth/ears

it kinda feels Christina Aguilera:ish?

iYhQDDXGfgqK0.gif

Trigger

We all know Stay and Pour it Up are the new singles but what do you guys think should be the next singles?

Nobody's Business for an early summer single would be great. She doesnt need to send an urban single out since it appeals to both pop and urban.

I want Lov7 Song to be a single too. I hear it all the time on urban radio. Such a jam. I think its now my fav song from Unapologetic hand down, after Diamonds.

I'm here for Nobody's Business as a single. Loveeee Song seems popular enough to follow PIU as an urban single. I hope Rih makes this era stretch before slaying with her next album.

Ties

Banned

Lost In Paradise, What Now, and Lov7 most definitely.

I honestly believe Lost In Paradise was a smash the first time I heard it. Nobody's Business is an obvious single choice, so I'll leave that out.

Unapologetic jumping next to LOUD for my fave Rihallah era, insofar.

FqZoO.gif

Mau ®

I honestly believe Lost In Paradise was a smash the first time I heard it. Nobody's Business is an obvious single choice, so I'll leave that out.

RIHlly?

I tolerate the song (its got some cool lines) but I would've swapped it for Half of Me as the album closer.

I think she can release some wild card singles down the line if she so desires tbh. As long as we get videos *.*

Mau ®

But it's the first era where Rih has yet to produce a memorable hit this far in

Thats your opinion.

The fact is Diamonds smashed worldwide (6M sold WW and counting), "Pour it up" is becoming an urban smash (and its also getting plays in pop) and Stay has been increasingly doing better each day in Europe, with it being TOP 10 in Europe's biggest music markets.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Next urban single should be Loveeeeeee Song, next WW single will likely be Right now, but it actually should be Jump.

I'm quite impressed that PIU is getting airplay on pop, considering it's so urban, but I guess when you're the radio queen, they play you everywhere.

I'm pressed that urban radio is spinning Loveeeeeee Song tho, since it's getting in PIU's way and it's going to diminish the impact when it's actually a single. Urban really cannot get enough of her this era, it seems.

Edit:

Speaking of Rih, She's performing with Bruno Mars & Sting at the Grammy's. idk what they're doing, but if she doesn't do "Stay" I'll be supremely disappointed.

Partition

Banned
Thats your opinion.

The fact is Diamonds smashed worldwide (6M sold WW and counting), "Pour it up" is becoming an urban smash (and its also getting plays in pop) and Stay has been increasingly doing better each day in Europe, with it being TOP 10 in Europe's biggest music markets.

...right

Let's not pretend she has had a WFL or Only Girl this era or even a S&M. She hasn't. Diamonds is the most forgettable Rih lead ever, I don't think any of her lead singles were so short lived before. We usually would still hear it on the radio at this point. Diamonds died in weeks. It had payola just because it was new Rihanna, kind of why Hold It Against Me "smashed" and died faster than Britney's batteries.

Mau ®

I'm pressed that urban radio is spinning Loveeeeeee Song tho, since it's getting in PIU's way and it's going to diminish the impact when it's actually a single. Urban really cannot get enough of her this era, it seems.

Edit:

Speaking of Rih, She's performing with Bruno Mars & Sting at the Grammy's. idk what they're doing, but if she doesn't do "Stay" I'll be supremely disappointed.

It could wind up another Take Care situation where it was released so far down the line that the hype dried up. It still smashed but not as hard as it could have been.

I hope its another performance besides Stay. Or that theyre releasing a Stay remix with Bruno and Sting, which would make it appeal to formats that dont usually play Rih like Hot AC and regular AC.

If thats the case Im cool with that. Poor Micky Hewko tho....

DMeisterJ

Banned
...right

Let's not pretend she has had a WFL or Only Girl this era or even a S&M. She hasn't. Diamonds is the most forgettable Rih lead ever, I don't think any of her lead singles were so short lived before. We usually would still hear it on the radio at this point. Diamonds died in weeks. It had payola just because it was new Rihanna, kind of why Hold It Against Me "smashed" and died faster than Britney's batteries.

Diamond's still has close to 100M AI. If you don't hear it on the radio maybe it's because you're deaf. And most short lived lead singles? Sorry, "Pon de Replay" or "SOS" or "Russian Roulette" were much more short lived.

You tried tho

iZ7Cmyy6DZY3w.gif

Mau ®

...right

If by dying down "fast" you mean it decreased after 4 months the I guess it died "fast".

It was actually a bigger hit than Only Girl and S&M by miles.

And Im LOLing at the thought that if it didnt reach WFL status its not a "good hit". Haters have high expectations for Rih, despite being a "lesser,basic bitch". Lol.

Partition

Banned
Diamond's still has close to 100M AI. If you don't hear it on the radio maybe it's because you're deaf. And most short lived lead singles? Sorry, "Pon de Replay" or "SOS" or "Russian Roulette" were much more short lived.

You tried tho

iZ7Cmyy6DZY3w.gif

Sorry, maybe I meant forgettable in that it's god awful and the most annoying thing next to anything Maroon5 shits out
WuwSR.gif

Majmun

Nobodies Bidnis and Loveeeee Song should be her next singles. They're great and full of smash potential. Love is even kinda smashing now

I'm really liking the singles choices so far. Jump also has the potential to smash. Just replace the dubstep

Am I the only one who sees potential in "Jump"? It's the right balance of throwback and current (even more so than "Nobody's Business" IMO).

Those two are the only jams in Unapologetic I can use, and since radio plays nothing but Rihanna nowadays, might as well flood the airwaves with something that won't ruin my daily commutes.

EDIT: Dat ESP, Second.

Carly Rae Jepsen's "This Kiss" should be a massive hit.

There is 0 actual chance of it becoming one though.

I like her but I am not optimistic about her future.

nnnnnnn RIP

Poor brave xtina. I really want some success for her so her stans can have something to be happy about. She really didn't care about ha music this "era".

Every careers ends. There is a point where it is just over.

I think she she gives it one last try in a couple years.

Koodo

Banned
The North American #aWAREness tour continues this April:

CGLIgzM.jpg

Fucking Vancouver and Seattle hogging up the entire northwest.

ieZ8ZNGnubR3A.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom