• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Roy what did JT do to you? This is Botty/Frank levels of dragging.

Because I called his new music being shitty...but I was secretly hoping for it to be good. (Unlike Beyonce. Christmas will come early for me if her new album is a turd *.*)

It's just...unimaginative. Part of me really wanted to hear what JT would sound like in 2013; what type of musical evolution we could expect from someone who claims to take Pop so seriously. Even though the signs were there, it's still disappointing to have it confirmed that he did nothing but sit on his ass and marry a fucking harpy. And now he's basically trying to recycle his old music and call it fresh.

Prince was right for calling his ass out.

The people in the Mirrors thread are going IN on Royalan and Extinct.
Those poor unfortunates are probably the same people who think that Frank Ocean represents some R&B renaissance and can only enjoy pop music with a mountain of caveats to maintain their "cred" as true music connoisseurs.

Flop.

Trigger

The people in the Mirrors thread are going IN on Royalan and Extinct.

They're not used to our ways.

Because I called his new music being shitty...but I was secretly hoping for it to be good. (Unlike Beyonce. Christmas will come early for me if her new album is a turd *.*)

It's just...unimaginative. Part of me really wanted to hear what JT would sound like in 2013; what type of musical evolution we could expect from someone who claims to take Pop so seriously. Even though the signs were there, it's still disappointing to have it confirmed that he did nothing but sit on his ass and marry a fucking harpy. And now he's basically trying to recycle his old music and call it fresh.

Prince was right for calling his ass out.

I won't lie. It is Futuresex/Lovesounds Pt. 2, but I can't hate on him more or less giving me more of a good thing. lol, we'll see when the fully album drops.

royalan

Those poor unfortunates are probably the same people who think that Frank Ocean represents some R&B renaissance and can only enjoy pop music with a mountain of caveats to maintain their "cred" as true music connoisseurs.

Flop.

Yup.

Their support of JT is all I need to know that The Flop/Flop Experience is going to be a turd.

Bladenic

I just noticed Leona Lewis is entirely missing from Soul's list. Which means that Avril Lavigne circa 2013 and Garbaj made it instead of The Crooning Horse. Awful.

Bladenic

They're not used to our ways.

I won't lie. It is Futuresex/Lovesounds Pt. 2, but I can't hate on him more or less giving me more of a good thing. lol, we'll see when the fully album drops.

So sick of all this random PG hate all the time. Talking shit about a community like that should be bannable tbh.

Edit: double post, I'm a flop etc.

Koodo

Banned

Flop.
There were a few truths among the lies:

she should've had the balls to keep that sorry new shit to herself.
ibxHiqsaXSbnXW.gif

Kyon

Banned

Flop.

Lies aren't spotted anywhere in this post

Disgusting little gremlins

Majmun

Beyonce and Adele won a grammy???

Their albums were released in 2011, but the grammys are still coming in.

LMAO, hew else but THE GRAMMY QUEENS

And great list, soulcribe. Nailed it with the #1. Although I'd put Rihanna over Gaga.

1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 193.443 (+1.428)
2. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 182.498 (-1.348)
3. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 146.191 (+2.135) ▲
4. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 145.231 (-0.215) ▼
5. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 144.073 (+2.009)
6. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 129.914 (+2.275)
7. PINK – Try: 123.143 (-0.171)
8. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 118.551 (-2.511)
9. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 102.976 (+1.928)
10. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 92.880 (+0.113)
11. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 91.205 (+1.016) ▲
12. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 90.777 (-0.187) ▼
13. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 88.503 (+1.268) ▲
14. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 86.822 (-2.266) ▼
15. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 82.065 (-0.784)
16. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 78.505 (-2.422)
17. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 74.799 (+0.266)
18. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 71.275 (+0.515)
19. ED SHEERAN – The A Team: 68.038 (-1.502) ▲
20. FLO RIDA – I Cry: 67.982 (-2.469) ▼

FUN. – Some Nights: 67.686 (-0.340)
THE BAND PERRY – Better Dig Two: 66.695 (+1.285)
KE$HA – C’mon: 65.861 (+1.099)
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 63.100 (+1.158)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 61.353 (+1.009)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 57.272 (+0.409)
BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 52.254 (+3.578)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 47.664 (+0.051)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 42.882 (+0.220)
MUSE – Madness: 31.332 (+0.235)
FUN. – Carry On: 29.601 (+0.294)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 28.938 (+0.727)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 28.778 (+1.219)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment: 28.778 (+1.489)

RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 19.006 (+1.270)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 16.612 (+1.540)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 15.573 (+1.026)
BON JOVI – Because We Can: 10.309 (+0.098)
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 9.032 (+2.004)
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 1.898 (+0.126)
CHRISTINA AGUILERA – Let There Be Love: 0.475
SATURDAYS – What About Us: 0.026

Fey

Banned
i was expecting beyonce to be named #1 considering soul
very wrongly
said beyonce will be remembered along the likes of the Iconic Four™ (Elvis, Beatles, MJ, Madonna)

but still disappointed.
49oa9Ad.gif

Nemesis_

Beyonce and Adele won a grammy???

Their albums were released in 2011, but the grammys are still coming in.

LMAO, hew else but THE GRAMMY QUEENS

And great list, soulcribe. Nailed it with the #1. Although I'd put Rihanna over Gaga.

Bye look at the shit Bey was up against of course she was going to win it.

Majmun

Bye look at the shit Bey was up against of course she was going to win it.

Lol who cares? Each era has earned her a grammy now. THE GRAMMY QUEEN

@fey

Bey will easily fit on that list. She's only 31 years old and still has the drive. She'll be a legend in 20 years time. Hell, some people consider her to be a legend NOW

And poor Xtina. Didn't know about the free dowload thing

i was expecting beyonce to be named #1 considering soul
very wrongly
said beyonce will be remembered along the likes of the Iconic Four™ (Elvis, Beatles, MJ, Madonna)

but still disappointed.
49oa9Ad.gif

I have a hard time seeing anyone else on that list touching Beyonce's industry capital and legacy. Britney Spears has been consistently in the game for 10+ years and can still barely land a compliment from musical legends, let alone be taken remotely seriously by anyone who doesn't listen to radio. Beyonce's already recognized as an amazing singer and dancer, and her Superbowl performance I think brought her back to the world's mind after being used to lowest-common-denominator queens for so long. Lady Gaga's well on her way to catching up to Beyonce but she needs a couple more albums, and a much more versatile output. I don't have much confidence in ARTPOP but I hope it adds some necessary dimension to her repertoire. I love her songs but it needs more diversity for someone like her. We'll see how it goes.

Also putting Rihanna over Gaga is a much more contemporary decision than a big-picture statement. Rihanna has smash hit after smash hit but she's still not as big a name as someone who's been around a shorter time and with less hits. I have a hard time seeing Rihanna as an icon in 10 years, though I won't doubt that she'll still be making music and topping charts. I just think that she, like Madonna, will probably be around for a LONG time before people realize that she's been around because of talent instead of circumstance. Besides, I can't give the top spot to someone who doesn't hold a candle to the other two in terms of performance talent. Put her in the studio and she's grand. Put her on stage and that charisma fizzles out instantly. Lady Gaga's earned her pinnache with the industry because of her live charisma, more than anything else at least. Same with Bey.

And the reason Christina was so high is the same reason Britney was. At their peaks they were hugely impactful to the industry and you still see their trace in modern acts (Katy, Gaga, Rihanna). Christina's legacy isn't as profound as Britney's, but it's completely legitimate in a different way. Both are complete shells of their former selves though, and because of that I find Rihanna and Gaga to be the ones taking their respective batons and running with it. I think the two of them just do it better. As for Beyonce, I suppose it's a testament to her intelligence and savvy that she consistently became better while Britney and Christina fluctuated the entire time.

^ It's funny how Bey's least impactful or daring album is still better than most of our faves' peak records. I wonder what will happen to said faves if she actually went hard this time.

Majmun

^ It's funny how Bey's least impactful or daring album is still better than most of our faves' peak records. I wonder what will happen to said faves if she actually went hard this time.

The track used in the Mrs Carter World Tour commercial shits on discographies alone.

I have a feeling that Bey is going to absolutely slay with her next era.

The wait for the new single is killing me...

Mau ®

STAY is #6 on iTunes.

It's the song with the biggest increase in sales after Mumford's "I Will Wait". Im not hating though. More people should know about Mumford & Sons *.*

Bladenic

STAY is #6 on iTunes.

It's the song with the biggest increase in sales after Mumford's "I Will Wait". Im not hating though. More people should know about Mumford & Sons *.*

Babel was immense. Lots of people know and like them. Let the pressed haters seethe because they know their faves can't sell albums.

Mumford and Sons are amazing and Babel is a fucking rad album.

Also they do a cover of my favorite song of all time (The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel) so I get them all the props.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Soulscribe has received the first diamond star for all of his amazing work. The rest of you tried (some of you didn't, flops).

Congrats to our top poster.

67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif

I cannot confirm if I posted the right star wall. Fuck my internet connection.

Mau ®

Babel was immense. Lots of people know and like them. Let the pressed haters seethe because they know their faves can't sell albums.

Yasss tell them!!!!

I said that because some baboons kept asking "Who are these retirement-home music band?". Ch...

Babel is a great album. My boss gave it to me and I got my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom