• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Not that anyone would EXPECT you to GET anything in life judging by the things you VALUE.

It's more the fact that the bandwagon Oceana for now fans were saying he was going to win all his Grammys. He didnt and that's that. He won a feature and something else.

Are you still pretending to Stan for him too after all that? That's cute too I guess

Oh a Miguel bandwagoner. You can give it a rest.

Majmun

Must I produce every living hypocritical thieving conniving wig snatching plagiarizing receipt to get you to stop pulling the $2 crusty wig out ya ears every time someone tells you your fave is a BURGLAR and has gotten SUED and PUBLICLY DRAGGED for her stealing?

Don't make me spend that much time WASTING my life BEATING IT into your bald head

Huh, what are you talking about. Those are just rumors spread by obscure artists.

Anyway. Bey deserved each grammy, no matter how far her inspiration went.

botty

Banned
Are you still pretending to Stan for him too after all that? That's cute too I guess

What is hilarious about the whole thing is: None of them even cared or used Francis until we were dragging the filth in the VMAs thread.

And then suddenly you start seeing people play the same two frank ocean songs on repeat as if it legitimized their stanning.

igQL9270jRENO.jpg

edit: I will admit Second did use his album, though.

Nemesis_

LORD that is the worst thing I have ever seen. Why does it look like the costume has large bossoms and makes your figure look like Jennifer Hudson?

It is truly revolting. It took me so long to make it too, Mum helped out at some parts, but I think I pulled it off.

These are some shots of it before I finalised it and cleaned up the rough edges and shit. I've really gotta fix the mouth.

It's so fucking hot though, there is so much padding in there to make it bulkier ;_______;

Good for someone with ZERO experience with this kind of thing, right? >_>

Majmun

So are the Grammys important or not? I can't remember whether or not the pressed Frank Ocean haters were salivating with joy over his losses. Seems silly to be so excitable over these awards that are "handed out like candy."

The most prestigious music award. The Oscar of the music industry.

People are just pressed because their faves always get snubbed.

Poor them, really. Bey and Alicia are swimming in grammys. The other faves should work harder tbh

Bladenic

It is truly revolting. It took me so long to make it too, Mum helped out at some parts, but I think I pulled it off.

These are some shots of it before I finalised it and cleaned up the rough edges and shit. I've really gotta fix the mouth.

It's so fucking hot though, there is so much padding in there to make it bulkier ;_______;

Good for someone with ZERO experience with this kind of thing, right? >_>

Omg that looks amazing, good job. But yeah, it looks like it's gonna get very hot.

royalan

I don't know how Miguel fans can be considered bandwagoners since he's such a "nobody" that you had to be a Real Music Lover to even know who he was and that he had an album out.

All you had to do was subscribe to Queerty, AfterElton, or have a Tumblr account to follow the Frank Ocean bandwagon.

Kyon

Banned
I don't know how Miguel fans can be considered bandwagoners since he's such a "nobody" that you had to be a Real Music Lover to even know who he was and that he had an album out.

All you had to do was subscribe to Queerty, AfterElton, or have a Tumblr account to follow the Frank Ocean bandwagon.

SCREAMING @ AfterElton I thought I was the only one that frequented it. They always cover him there. Hmmm guess the pandering worked after all

botty

Banned

Are there even any Miguel stans here?

iReI9DtgAN14.gif

botty

Banned
If you're going to stan for a new R&B guy, then at least stan for the one who makes good music. Bless Roy's immaculate taste. *.*

Kyon

Banned
Throw in some links my good sis RoySUS and I might USE. Judging by your AIR TIGHT IMMACULATE TASTES I'm assuming he's not some tired and boring mess like Channel Boring Oceana.

botty

Banned
Miguel and Frank are great. I still listen to their albums.

And both are working on Bey's new album omg

Oh, I think this will be a great judging ground for the two of them. We'll see who can deliver the better song for Beyoncé. And considering my praise of I Miss U, despite disliking both 4 and Francis, I think it's fair to say I will judge without bias.

royalan

Throw in some links my good sis RoySUS and I might USE. Judging by your AIR TIGHT IMMACULATE TASTES I'm assuming he's not some tired and boring mess like Channel Boring Oceana.

I can't right now since I'm on mobile. :(

But listen to Adorn and Use Me. But really the whole alberm is flaw free. *.*

And go easy on Second. Outside of his strange love for Will.I.Am
and Beyonce
he's got impeccable R&B sensibilities. *.*

Majmun

Oh, I think this will be a great judging ground for the two of them. We'll see who can deliver the better song for Beyoncé. And considering my praise of I Miss U, despite disliking both 4 and Francis, I think it's fair to say I will judge without bias.

I'm very curious myself. I just hope they write a song instead of a collab. Another I miss u caliber track and I will be slayed.

The Weeknd is quite basic compared to Miguel and Frank. His voice has stuck in puberty. Not digging his style.

botty

Banned
Grammy Ratings down from last year

The three-and-a-half-hour show expectedly fell from last year's post-Whitney Houston death telecast, which drew 40 million viewers, but it pulled in a solid 28.1 million viewers and a 10.0 in the adults 18-to-49 demographic. The ceremony slipped four-tenths in the demo from last year and matched its 2011 rating.

This is what happens when you fill the show with filth like Frank Ocean, and dedicate nearly two hours to country music. Notice the same thing occurred at the VMAs. These award shows seem to be missing something.

ibdsqd7AduQD7Q.gif

Koodo

Banned
Must I produce every living hypocritical thieving conniving wig snatching plagiarizing receipt to get you to stop pulling the $2 crusty wig out ya ears every time someone tells you your fave is a BURGLAR and has gotten SUED and PUBLICLY DRAGGED for her stealing?

Don't make me spend that much time WASTING my life BEATING IT into your bald head
nnnnnn;nfhfg finish ha

iHCNis86LWHK1.gif

I like Miguel and wish him success. Frank Ocean is leagues ahead of him though. Channel Orange was one of the best albums of last year and y'all can call me a bandwagoner all you want. I'ma keep bopping.

Kyon

Banned
I know it's hard for a Britney stan ever since y'all had lobotomies in solidarity with your fave, but say it with me: C-H-A-N-N-E-L O-R-A-N-G-E

I gave you time and you WASTED it doing NOTHING. This again proves our point.

You could have at least wiki'd a track list and lied about which one you preferred.

Not that I have EXPECTATIONS of you or anything

iy6WwRMUNgIHn.gif

cory64

"Stay" is #5 on US iTunes now.

I knew "Stay" was going to shit, but I had no idea it'd shit so hard.

Flawless combination of the song actually being good, good promo, "Diamonds" dying down, and a video today. The #UNAPOLOGETIC era has been pretty flawless so far. Good Job Rih/Roc Nation/Def Jam in not killing singles by not performing them or releasing them too early *cough* You Da One *cough*

It needs to go up on Spotify this week though.

Truly flawless promotion. Def Jam/Roc Nation shitting on your fave's management.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Grammy Ratings down from last year

This is what happens when you fill the show with filth like Frank Ocean, and dedicate nearly two hours to country music. Notice the same thing occurred at the VMAs. These award shows seem to be missing something.

ibdsqd7AduQD7Q.gif

I see you skipping the context.

The ratings are up from 2011. They're down from 2012 since that was the Whitney Death effect.

This year did fine. The Grammys did great without Gag or Bey or ADELE performing. Looks like Rih and Justin can carry the torch just fine.

Edit:

I see Bey doing Oprah's Next Chapter. How Rihductive.

royalan

In case you hoes thought #Fighters were only to be found in PopGAF. From the Justin thread:

It's ironic, because when Christina put out Back to Basics, she was kind of criticized by not doing it as authentically as Amy Winehouse, who made it big right around that time.

But now, again ironically, she fused the retro/pop thing very effectively for 2006. (She has some real pop perfection on Back to Basics.) It's certainly something people are trying to do right now. And also, it's really the kind of thing she does best, which is why the Burlesque soundtrack sounds so excellent.

In terms of Justin, I just feel like Bruno Mars does it so much better, so much more effortlessly. Better songs, better vocals, more unforced. I thought Bruno's performance of Locked Out of Heaven at the Grammy's was perfect. Just excellent.

I think one reason there's been some backlash about S&T and a lack of connection is it just doesn't feel totally authentic. Justin has to try and "work in" the smoothness and the R&B phrasing, as if he's trying to insert the soul into the songs that his voice naturally lacks. Meanwhile, Bruno already has a terrific and powerful R&B tone, and thus is free to make the songs pop and catchy.

Just my silly take on it.

Such beautiful stanning. Botty, we've got to keep an eye on this one. ;___;

Kyon

Banned
I see you skipping the context.

The ratings are up from 2011. They're down from 2012 since that was the Whitney Death effect.

This year did fine. The Grammys did great without Gag or Bey or ADELE performing. Looks like Rih and Justin can carry the torch just fine.

Edit:

I see Bey doing Oprah's Next Chapter. How Rihductive.

It was all The Forehead. No one else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom