• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Loveeeeee song is getting plays because Urban radio is stanning. It hasn't been sent to radio. At this point, it really can't. It'll peak before it's official.

Kyon

Banned
Why are y'all still talking about Rihanna?

#MAJAH

iDF5GTx0bUWoo.gif

Qazaq

Banned
Beyoncé performed on the biggest stage in the world 8 days ago and doesn't have a single song in the top 100 on iTunes.

I'm pretty sure I saw a few Beyoncé songs in the top 100 in the days after the Super Bowl.

royalan

No tea no shade, but I honestly think that Beyonce's days as a leading popstar who dictates the flow of the industry are over.

She'll release albums, some might sell ok. But she's a Top Bitch no longer.

Mrs Carter couldn't be a more fitting name for her tour (and I'm assuming album, at this point).

Nemesis_

Maybe the Mrs. Carter world tour is just a tour promoting 4 that she's giving to the fans since she never got a chance to tour with it in the first place.

ib1OJPXLl3Pvnk.gif

No tea no shade, but I honestly think that Beyonce's days as a leading popstar who dictates the flow of the industry are over.

Mrs Carter couldn't be a more fitting name for her tour (and I'm assuming album, at this point).

Lord

DMeisterJ

Banned
"Stay" is #1 on iTunes, but that really shouldn't be news. Rihanna slays charts on the regular.

RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 64.552 (+1.452)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 20.403 (+1.397)

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

"Stay" video is up on YouTube now.

Bladenic

I think it's a safe bet that if things continue to go well Rih could get another Loud type era of hits. Stay should debut (?) or rise mightily next week and Pour It Up is already top 40.

#Navy's so cute in thinking that Rihanna's the end-all, be-all of pop music. She's like a substitute teacher in an empty classroom right now. Once the actual professionals with degrees re-emerge then I can finally start paying attention to pop music again. JT, Beyonce and Gaga are gonna take 2013 to level 2.

Majmun

The delusion lol

She hasn't released anything from her new era. You can repost that post after her singles flop.

And her songs not charting after the SB isn't really surprising. Some of the songs she performed are over a decade old.

Did The Hag flood the charts with her hits after the SB performance??

Bladenic

#Navy's so cute in thinking that Rihanna's the end-all, be-all of pop music. She's like a substitute teacher in an empty classroom right now. Once the actual professionals with degrees re-emerge then I can finally start paying attention to pop music again. JT, Beyonce and Gaga are gonna take 2013 to level 2.

Sit down, you yourself called the #3 Princess.

7081b8fac3047f14fc70751j14.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

ibq2cultvTuRCr.gif

Only in the Beyhive's mind would seven years of success be called a substitution. As far as I can tell, Beyonce just performed at the Super Bowl in front of 100 million people just seven days ago, and has no songs in the Hot 100. THAT was a substitution.

In closing

iiZ7Wiwz9uo5r.gif

Mau ®

I seem to remember that Rih was slaying the charts with the LOUD era and WFL while Gaga and Bey had their BTW and 4 eras.

She still had the most hits from that timeframe.

Its not Rih's fault your faves had to go back to the drawing board and re-think their game.

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

Majmun

I like Rih and all. But she's just a global Katy Perry.

Beyonce is the better artist. Rih can stop making music tomorrow and she'll be forgotten the next week. She's the perfect Carter made product. A well marketed cashcow with no control whatsoever.

Rih doesn't have to stop though. I like her music and her success only benefits my main fave.

Beyonce is the better artist. Rih can stop making music tomorrow and she'll be forgotten the next week. She's the perfect Carter made product. A well marketed cashcow with no control whatsoever.

Rih doesn't have to stop though. I like her music and her success only benefits my main fave.

Not a damn lie spotted.

tumblr_m7qsroQmpZ1qhui9io1_250.gif

Mau ®

I keep reading this "if Rihanna dissapeared tomorrow no one would notice" claim.

I wonder where are the reciepts to back up this claim??

Also if being the better artist was enough.... Why are Xtina and Alicia struggling??

DMeisterJ

Banned

Shame that won't happen. The GP is here for her. Look at all the records she sells, people don't want her to go anywhere.

Will Beyonce disappear after Beyonic? People clearly weren't here for 4's music since none of the singles went top 20.

The Carters need Rih in order to pay their bills since the record sales from Bey aren't cutting it anymore.

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

Nemesis_

I wonder where are the reciepts to back up this claim??

We've been over this. There are no receipts, because her own managements knows that if they stop with her she will be forgotten. They need to keep everything running to the cycle to keep her relevant.

Screaming that we're calling it Beyonic now.

The Stay video gave me second hand embarrasment. The ~dramatic~ faces and poses, uh. Had to fastforward it.

Where's your next album, Rihanna? It's been, what, 7 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom