• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikky Ekko sounds a lot better in the studio version than the live version.

Er0LIO5.png

Majmun

Yeah, I'd say Rihanna releasing a new album each year is enough proof that Jay is afraid that people will forget her after she's out of the scene.

She's a great investment. But artists such as Rih are easy replaceable. All Jay has to do is focus on Rita Ora, and Rih will be forgotten.

Nothing can replace Beyonce, Xtina or even Gaga. They have control over their stuff and know what they're doing. Rih is nothing without the Carters. They're the fuel to her engine. Leave them out and she'll drop HARD.

Bladenic

Yeah, I'd say Rihanna releasing a new album each year is enough proof that Jay is afraid that people will forget her after she's out of the scene.

She's a great investment. But artists such as Rih are easy replaceable. All Jay has to do is focus on Rita Ora, and Rih will be forgotten.

Nothing can replace Beyonce, Xtina or even Gaga. They have control over their stuff and know what they're doing. Rih is nothing without the Carters. They're the fuel to her engine. Leave them out and she'll drop HARD.

YOU DID NOT JUST MENTION EXTINCT in the same sentence as Gaga or Bey. As you even wrote "or even Gaga." EXTINCT could put out an album every 2 weeks and nobody would give a fuck. Who cares about control when you can't sell shit.

Extinct has been replaced YEARS ago. Nearing a decade actually since it's been relevant.

7081b8fac3047f14fc70751j14.gif

royalan

YOU DID NOT JUST MENTION EXTINCT in the same sentence as Gaga or Bey. As you even wrote "or even Gaga." EXTINCT could put out an album every 2 weeks and nobody would give a fuck. Who cares about control when you can't sell shit.

Extinct has been replaced YEARS ago. Nearing a decade actually since it's been relevant.

7081b8fac3047f14fc70751j14.gif

And where's your #neaux1curr fave?

Bladenic

And where's your #neaux1curr fave?

Shakira is prepping a new album while commanding a higher salary than your fave ever did on The Voice. Kelly Clarkson just won Best Pop Vocal Album at the Grammys, the first person ever to win the award twice.

Ke$ha... well... not everyone can be a winner.

royalan

Shakira is prepping a new album while commanding a higher salary than your fave ever did on The Voice. Kelly Clarkson just won Best Pop Vocal Album at the Grammys, the first person ever to win the award twice.

Ke$ha... well... not everyone can be a winner.

Hunty you know I was talking about Ke$hit.

I could break out my other faves to prove a point too.

EDIT: Also, Xtina made more in one year of filming the voice than Shakira will. :)

Pretty much this. When an artist has to build her momentum by literally crowding the radio with as many songs as possible and for as long as possible, it doesn't say much as far as the big picture goes. I would say that Rihanna would simply lose her momentum if she left the charts for more than a year but there's been no proof of that since her management insists on saturating her sound at every turn. I have enough faith in Beyonce and Gaga as pop acts to know that if they took five years off and came back with a new album, it can still be received as well as their last effort (and don't give me 4 as a counter-argument; that is a unique case where an album that was not radio-friendly didn't get marketetd correctly or promote the right singles). I don't think Rihanna has that same effect, but since I haven't seen proof of any of this anyway, I can only speculate. Though we've seen Christina try and it became obvious that she's in same boat. Her name isn't enough anymore.

1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 194.074 (+0.631)
2. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 180.656 (-1.842)
3. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 148.191 (+2.000)
4. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 147.008 (+2.935) ▲
5. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 144.402 (-0.829) ▼
6. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 132.493 (+2.579)
7. PINK – Try: 123.139 (-0.004)
8. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 115.417 (-3.134)
9. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 104.785 (+1.809)
10. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 93.519 (+0.639)

11. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 91.612 (+0.407)
12. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 90.548 (-0.229)
13. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 89.449 (+0.946)
14. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 85.452 (-1.370)
15. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 80.253 (-1.812)
16. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 75.696 (-2.809)
17. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 74.459 (-0.350)
18. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 72.358 (+1.083)
19. FUN. – Some Nights: 67.375 (-0.311) ▲
20. KE$HA – C’mon: 67.067 (+1.206) ▲

THE BAND PERRY – Better Dig Two: 66.906 (+0.211)
FLO RIDA – I Cry: 66.278 (-1.704)
ED SHEERAN – The A Team: 66.246 (-1.792)
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 64.552 (+1.452)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 62.297 (+0.944)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 58.268 (+0.996)
BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 55.044 (+2.790)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 48.218 (+0.554)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 43.348 (+0.466)
MUSE – Madness: 31.357 (+0.025)
FUN. – Carry On: 30.051 (+0.450)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 30.035 (+1.257)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 30.013 (+1.075)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment: 29.360 (+0.582)

TIM MCGRAW – One Of Those Nights: 63.393
BRAD PAISLEY – Southern Comfort Zone: 63.272
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 20.403 (+1.397)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 16.918 (+0.307)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 16.555 (+0.982)
BON JOVI – Because We Can: 10.364 (+0.055)
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 9.541 (+0.509)
PARAMORE – Now: 4.053
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 2.081 (+0.183)
JESSIE J – Silver Lining (Crazy ‘Bout…: 0.019

Bladenic

Hunty you know I was talking about Ke$hit.

I could break out my other faves to prove a point too.

EDIT: Also, Xtina made 10 million in one year of filming the voice than Shakira will. :)

Ah well you know I've called Ke$ha a flop. On her second album too, RIP.

I feel really bad for Ke¶ha. That whole Die Young business fucked her over and then she had some really mess half-hearted "feud" with Dr. Luke and then disappeared from the scene.

royalan

Two Days Ago:

omg why i have been stanning Marina and the Diamonds the last few days? Primadonna is my most played song in February what is this I don't even...

tumblr_m1bor9gjgE1qi7spxo1_500.gif

Today:

Dear Diamonds,

News-Bummer-alert. Unfortunately I have had to cancel the April European 'Lonely Hearts Club' tour.

We have tried everything (and I mean absolutely everything) to make these dates feasible but it has proven to be logistically impossible given the current routing and tour production.

To say I am frustrated and disappointed is an absolute understatement. For whatever reason, this European tour was not meant to be and in hindsight, I probably should have cancelled it instead of postponing it but I just really wanted to make it work.

A blog from me won't make things much better but I feel so sad that I won't get to see you all and this is the only way I have of telling you in a personal(ish) way.

Apologies if I have caused any disruption or inconvenience to anybody's schedule.

All tickets will be refunded.

Til next time.

Marina x x

Maybe I AM poison. ;____________;

"You give me a heart attack, -ack, -ack, -ack, eyooo
It's like a heart attack, -ack, -ack, oh, ohhh,
And I don't want take it back, -ack, -ack, -ack, eyooo
Babe it's a heart attack, oh, OH, oh, ohhh
*dance break*"

I haven't listened to it, I just assume it sounds like that because everything is shit right now.

When's the good music coming?

DMeisterJ

Banned
iTunes

1. Stay
40. Pour it Up
63. Diamonds
93. Loveeeeeee Song
96. Stay

Yes, two versions of stay are in the iTunes top 100. People clearly don't want to forget her music.

ii7Dt3WcLcvgX.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Your lack of basic reading and comprehension skills truly make you a fit for the #NAVY. There is no disputing your membership now.

iT8tfBp0Ni2bk.gif

Well done.

I can read just fine. The Beyonic poster said she would be forgotten if Jay pushed someone else, but clearly people don't want to forget her cause they stay spending their coins on her.

bye.

iXAqfAndQ9THU.gif

Nemesis_

I can read just fine. The Beyonic poster said she would be forgotten if Jay pushed someone else, but clearly people don't want to forget her cause they stay spending their coins on her.

bye.

A mess

ifuxdKuDeFA27.gif

Our argument was that if she were to stop releasing her music annually, people would forget.

It's not a matter of people wanting to forget, it's a matter of Rihanna flooding the market with her vile scum rat spawn for the masses to purchase so that people don't forget her.

How hard is that to comprehend / understand?

As it's been pointed out numerous times in this thread - Rihanna's team is aware of this and that's why they employ large amounts of people to work on her shit, release several singles to several different markets (which you constantly remind us of since it's all you post about now) and put together another album to be released before the holidays again.

Do you understand?

iogswuZViyfQp.gif

botty

Banned
Rihanna has simply frog jumped over Beyonce in terms of relevance, star power, and making good music. Beyonce doesn't even have a Phresh out the Runway.

iUNE1nOuRIFDV.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Our argument was that if she were to stop releasing her music annually, people would forget.

It's not a matter of people wanting to forget, it's a matter of Rihanna flooding the market with her vile scum rat spawn for the masses to purchase so that people don't forget her.

How hard is that to comprehend / understand?

As it's been pointed out numerous times in this thread - Rihanna's team is aware of this and that's why they employ large amounts of people to work on her shit, release several singles to several different markets (which you constantly remind us of since it's all you post about now) and put together another album to be released before the holidays again.

But why are you fuming?

ibvg5agUwt1fdV.gif

Nemesis_

Rihanna has simply frog jumped over Beyonce in terms of relevance, star power, and making good music. Beyonce doesn't even have a Phresh out the Runway.

iUNE1nOuRIFDV.gif

How has nobody made a GIF of Rihanna tapping that model's ass from that performance tbh?

But why are you fuming?

ibvg5agUwt1fdV.gif

You're not even addressing what we were talking about and deflected with a nothing post.

bye.

I'm merely explaining it to you because it's clear you couldn't understand from what most of us were saying a page or so back.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Nem I'm sorry I bring up Rih so much, but when your fave is actually promoting and releasing music, and slaying, that's what you do. I'm sure that's something a bit foreign to you since the most Gaga has done in recent months is tweet pretentious lyrics about some album that has yet to manifest itself.

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

Nemesis_

Nem I'm sorry I bring up Rih so much, but when your fave is actually promoting and releasing music, and slaying, that's what you do. I'm sure that's something a bit foreign to you since the most Gaga has done in recent months is tweet pretentious lyrics about some album that has yet to manifest itself.

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

You're not even addressing what we were talking about and deflected with a nothing post.

bye.

There is just no helping you. Enjoy your sales and hope the Carters don't pull the plug on their cash cow anytime soon.

ihmtlQmk3n9Fy.gif

royalan

iUNE1nOuRIFDV.gif

Yeah, at this point I don't think Rihanna would be forgotten as easily as people want to think in this thread. I would have Beylieved that maybe two years ago, but at this point she's been slaying too long and too consistently, with too many number 1 hits - solo and featured. Records broken, impact undeniable (I mean, I wonder who gave Bey the idea to record with Sia?).

I think it's increasingly delusional to believe that all of that means nothing and that her presence on the Pop scene is a fleeting one. If anyone has to worry about that at this point it's fucking Gaga.

Rihanna IS the new pop culture Madonna, and it's commendable that she managed to accomplish this without directly ripping off Madonna (again, sorry Gaga).

People can remain pressed, but all of this a moot point because Rihanna ain't going nowhere. at 24 years old her hits are only going to accumulate, her impact only grow, which is damn embarrassing since she's already surpassed many of the so-called "Queens."

All Rihanna needs now is a worldwide smash tour and there will be nothing, literally nothing, that could be said to deny her reign that wouldn't be an exercise in utmost delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom