• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Miley looks soooooooo ugly with that hair.

Congrats to Xtina. I was gonna say 43 million worldwide isn't all that great for a "legend" but then like 95% of that figure are the first 3 albums. Of course that could look positive or negative.. But oh well, good for her.

It's likely they made a mistake with that number considering she has 5 #1 hits, not 4.
z63MU.gif

Bladenic

It's likely they made a mistake with that number considering she has 5 #1 hits, not 4.
z63MU.gif

Even they don't count Moves Like Jagger.

Edit: Jojo has been such a tryhard with the shedding of her good young teen image. But her label problems are sad.

royalan

Even they don't count Moves Like Jagger.

Edit: Jojo has been such a tryhard with the shedding of her good young teen image. But her label problems are sad.

I actually feel that Jojo's been pretty genuine. She's always had this mature, street-wise personality even when she was playing America's good girl.

Will be meditating on her latest mixtape. Hopefully it's better put-together than her last.

EDIT: Only on track 2 and already SLAYED.

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LOVING this Bebop/90s R&B/Hip-Hop infusion on "We Get By". Damn...Jojo's coming hard right out the gate. I C U.

Satch

Banned
IM BREAKIN DISHES
UP IN HERE
ALL NIGHT
UH HUH

I AINT GON' STOP UNTIL I SEE POLICE AND LIGHTS
UH HUH

IMMA FIGHT A MAN TONIGHT
IMMA FIGHT A MAN TONIGHT
IMMA FIGHT A MAN
A MAN
A MA-EE-A-EH-AN

iZnO3tfwmiJPk.gif

Mumei

Crumpet: Well, that is a revealing lyric.

i'm sure it wouldn't take long for Koodo to dig up the receipts that show Adele has already done all of that stuff first

yew tried

It seems that everything Adele does, Dusty did it first and did it better. :(

When will Adele get into a public tiff with an American jazz bandleader and drummer and end up punching him as a result?

The posthumous accolades are recorded, printed, quoted, and disseminated on the Internet are thus duly recorded for posterity. They include remarks from fellow singers, songwriters, and producers such as Dusty's Britpop cohort Petula Clark, Lulu, Elton John, Kiki Dee, and Paul McCartney; her American contemporaries Dionne Warwick, Martha Reeves, Burt Bacharach, Carole King, Holland-Dozier-Holland, and Jerry Wexler; and a later generation of singers that included Annie Lennox, Elvis Costello, Alison Moyet, Joss Stone, and Shelby Lynn. [...] With repetition and endless circulation among an infinite number of media platforms, the discourse of Dusty's pop greatness is boiled down to a set of unique attributes - her vocal quality, iconic look, charismatic stage presence, gesture-laden manner of performance, and selected elements of her biography - so that she may take her place among pop's elite unique voices, like Patsy, Nat, Billie, Ella, and Frank. [...] And finally when her years of celebrity are viewed against the backdrop of the historical narratives that were played out quite plainly through the popular music of her time - radical reimaginings of notions of race, gender, class, and nation - it is hard to imagine the pop culture of the 1960s without her sound, look, and persona.​

What kind of time travel stanning is this, Mumei???

But I enjoy these Dusty posts. She sounds so fierce.

*.*

Makes me wonder how she'd do in the current music industry. Being a woman AND embracing African American musical traditions (and being honest about it) must've been tough around that time.

And I personally never knew anything about her. Went to youtube, listened to a few songs of hers and found out that I knew most of her songs. *.*

And being a single woman throughout her career while having to do that song-and-dance with the press ("but why aren't you married tho") and ultimately being so over it that she came out in the 1970s (effectively destroying her career for a few decades until her 80s resurgence).

Mau ®

IM BREAKIN DISHES
UP IN HERE
ALL NIGHT
UH HUH

I AINT GON' STOP UNTIL I SEE POLICE AND LIGHTS
UH HUH

IMMA FIGHT A MAN TONIGHT
IMMA FIGHT A MAN TONIGHT
IMMA FIGHT A MAN
A MAN
A MA-EE-A-EH-AN

iZnO3tfwmiJPk.gif

YASSSS SATCH!!!

STAN GGGB RIH!!!

tumblr_lst0xiIbrz1qewmu6o2_250.gif

Despite dragging her earlier, I'm excited to see this. I love that Ke$ha doesn't take music videos so seriously.

I think all her videos are terrible but C'mon is my fave Ke$ha song. Im excited.

Peru

What do you base this on?

Interviews, talks, debates. Her political efforts, through her organization and participation in other organs, have been anything but symbolic - she's very much involved in the creation of policies, and shows a lot of insight into other global political challenges. She speaks very well about this and about everything else, for that matter. Just read interviews. (There's a reason she was appointed to the presidential commission on education for Hispanics - a commision not manned by celebs).

That's without counting her creative intelligence shown through her art.

Bladenic

Interviews, talks, debates. Her political efforts, through her organization and participation in other organs, have been anything but symbolic - she's very much involved in the creation of policies, and shows a lot of insight into other global political challenges. She speaks very well about this and about everything else, for that matter. Just read interviews. (There's a reason she was appointed to the presidential commission on education for Hispanics - a commision not manned by celebs).

That's without counting her creative intelligence shown through her art.

YASSS EDUCATE THEM!!

royalan

Those chords in "Thinking Out Loud" (JoJo mixtape) make me want to bring down the Yahama and start jamming.

So sultry.

Please tell me I'm not the only one getting Alanis Morissette teas from "White Girl In Paris"...

It's slaying me...;___;

EDIT: My bad. It's actually a Joni Mitchell song....what kind of daily fail...;____;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom